Updated Incontrol TouchPro software version 19C

Anything F-Type related......
NBC fdff

Post by NBC fdff »

scm wrote: Sun Sep 06, 2020 10:19 pm
Sir Jagalot wrote: Sun Sep 06, 2020 9:20 pm After two x 2 day sessions at the dealer, my MY2018 V6S definitey isn't able to run Android Auto. Hope you have better luck than I did.
That's weird. Do you have the Carplay and Android Auto options in Connectivity? My MY18 was built 25th March 2017 so an early one. I wonder if the later ones lost that facility in readiness for the 10" screen? Do you know the build date of your car?

Or maybe it's a V8/V6 thing?
I think mine is Jan/Feb 2018 build
2018 2.0 R Dynamic in Carpathian Grey
Exterior black pack, Pano roof, 20" Gyrodynes and other bits and bobs ....

Sir Jagalot

Post by Sir Jagalot »

Just found this has been comprehensively covered in another forum: https://www.jaguarforums.com/forum/f-ty ... ce-232795/
Dan_Veluwe

Post by Dan_Veluwe »

Its definitely the build year ; MY 2017 probably..
Range Rover P400e autobiography Loire Blue (2019) :P
Mazda__MX30_RED___2021_ BEV
FT jag _P300 _Ultra Bleu, 2018 ___________SOLD :(
D5 lr__SD4__Corris Grey, Blck roof, 2018_SOLD :roll:
FP Jag – 25t _Loire Blue ,2020 ____________SOLD :|
Harri66

Post by Harri66 »

I have been battling this for months and to be honest the current position on all the comms with JLR customer services etc is that AppleCarPlay is not compatible with the 8in screens - I am now seeking alternate options. There are aftermarket options for the older models -
https://unique-ad.co.uk/product/wireles ... 2015-2018/
Not all are compatible with the different systems we have in the cars
NBC fdff

Post by NBC fdff »

Sir Jagalot wrote: Sun Sep 06, 2020 5:30 pm I've spent a while with my dealer on this, and can say with some confidence that Apple Carplay and Android Auto are not available if you have an 8" screen with hard buttons down the side.
As an update this was confirmed by the dealership. The update allows apple and android Carplay but NOT with the smaller infotainment system with the physical buttons down the side. :roll:
2018 2.0 R Dynamic in Carpathian Grey
Exterior black pack, Pano roof, 20" Gyrodynes and other bits and bobs ....
scm

Post by scm »

Abdul wrote: Mon Sep 28, 2020 10:02 pmThe update allows apple and android Carplay but NOT with the smaller infotainment system with the physical buttons down the side. :roll:
Please don't spread this misinformation - I have the 8" screen with the physical buttons and Carplay and Android Auto. It may not work for all models, but it worked on mine.
MY18 F-Type V8 R AWD in Glacier White
Lots of leather and toys, and loads of noise!
simpleR

Post by simpleR »

Interesting comments chaps.

MY18 with the pro system with physical buttons on the side should support Android and Apple connections via USB cable but only when using InControl Apps on the phone.

It should not work with Android Auto App and screen mirroring which is what Android Auto actually is. If you install Android Auto and run it and connect phone it will should say incompatible device and will not screen mirror from phone to display. In the settings on head unit the only options are None and InControl Apps.

For that feature to work you need MY19 with smartphone pack at time of order. However it can be added for free to MY19 systems.

@SCM. If you have Android Auto working with screen mirroring then please post with a picture as I've been told it is not possible. The Android Auto app looks like this and should be mirrored on the head unit.

Screenshot_20200929_083526_com.google.android.projection.gearhead.jpg

400 Sport AWD - MY18 - Black, pano roof and thats about it 8-)
scm

Post by scm »

simpleR wrote: Tue Sep 29, 2020 10:56 am @SCM. If you have Android Auto working with screen mirroring then please post with a picture as I've been told it is not possible. The Android Auto app looks like this and should be mirrored on the head unit.
My only experience so far is seeing the options in connectivity settings, and getting the message that I have to connect my phone. I'm happy enough with what's already in the car to not be bothered about Android Auto, but I may give it a go at some point, just to see what all the fuss is about.
simpleR

Post by simpleR »

scm wrote: Tue Sep 29, 2020 11:01 am
simpleR wrote: Tue Sep 29, 2020 10:56 am @SCM. If you have Android Auto working with screen mirroring then please post with a picture as I've been told it is not possible. The Android Auto app looks like this and should be mirrored on the head unit.
My only experience so far is seeing the options in connectivity settings, and getting the message that I have to connect my phone. I'm happy enough with what's already in the car to not be bothered about Android Auto, but I may give it a go at some point, just to see what all the fuss is about.
Yes please. You will find it only works with InControl Apps and not Android Auto and you wont get screen mirroring which is what I think others on this topic are asking for. IE the full Android Auto feature set. Thanks in advance.
400 Sport AWD - MY18 - Black, pano roof and thats about it 8-)
scm

Post by scm »

simpleR wrote: Tue Sep 29, 2020 11:49 am Yes please. You will find it only works with InControl Apps and not Android Auto and you wont get screen mirroring which is what I think others on this topic are asking for. IE the full Android Auto feature set. Thanks in advance.
That's exactly what I found. :(

• You may also be interested in...
    Replies
    Views
    Last post