Updated Incontrol TouchPro software version 19C

Anything F-Type related......
NBC fdff

Post by NBC fdff »

Hi all. Car went in for some warranty work glitches, inc bluetooth connections for my Samsung phone dropping. Software was updated to that attached. My car has the smaller screen(physical buttons on the sides) ....what other features can I expect eg smartphone mirroring??
TIA

20200906_102950.jpg

2018 2.0 R Dynamic in Carpathian Grey
Exterior black pack, Pano roof, 20" Gyrodynes and other bits and bobs ....

scm

Post by scm »

You should have Carplay and Android Auto now - check under Settings -> Connectivity.
MY18 F-Type V8 R AWD in Glacier White
Lots of leather and toys, and loads of noise!
ayrejc

Post by ayrejc »

Mine has been updates to 20 something. Still only have apple device settings under connectivity for incontrol apps. No carplay

Have the 8in screen with physical buttons
MY18 F Type 400 Sport Coupe RWD Satin Chrome Orange
Sir Jagalot

Post by Sir Jagalot »

I've spent a while with my dealer on this, and can say with some confidence that Apple Carplay and Android Auto are not available if you have an 8" screen with hard buttons down the side.
scm

Post by scm »

Sir Jagalot wrote: Sun Sep 06, 2020 5:30 pm I've spent a while with my dealer on this, and can say with some confidence that Apple Carplay and Android Auto are not available if you have an 8" screen with hard buttons down the side.
I can say with complete confidence that my 8" screen with physical buttons down each side has Apple Carplay and Android Auto as options under Connectivity. I have no idea if they work, all I've done so far is got a message that I have to have a wired connection for Android Auto to work, but I'm happy with the in-car satnav and my USB music stick. Oh, and the great soundtrack from the 4 speakers at the back of the car. ;)
NBC fdff

Post by NBC fdff »

scm wrote: Sun Sep 06, 2020 5:49 pm
Sir Jagalot wrote: Sun Sep 06, 2020 5:30 pm I've spent a while with my dealer on this, and can say with some confidence that Apple Carplay and Android Auto are not available if you have an 8" screen with hard buttons down the side.
I can say with complete confidence that my 8" screen with physical buttons down each side has Apple Carplay and Android Auto as options under Connectivity. I have no idea if they work, all I've done so far is got a message that I have to have a wired connection for Android Auto to work, but I'm happy with the in-car satnav and my USB music stick. Oh, and the great soundtrack from the 4 speakers at the back of the car. ;)
thanks for the replies, even to those with only half an engine SCM :lol:
My phone is connected and works inc via Bluetooth for Spotify. However when I try to follow your instructions, this message?!

20200906_161125.jpg

2018 2.0 R Dynamic in Carpathian Grey
Exterior black pack, Pano roof, 20" Gyrodynes and other bits and bobs ....
ayrejc

Post by ayrejc »

Abdul wrote: Sun Sep 06, 2020 7:28 pm
scm wrote: Sun Sep 06, 2020 5:49 pm
thanks for the replies, even to those with only half an engine SCM :lol:
My phone is connected and works inc via Bluetooth for Spotify. However when I try to follow your instructions, this message?!
Exactly same as mine. Works when you connect iphone via usb for incontrol apps. All i want to do is get waze on the screen
MY18 F Type 400 Sport Coupe RWD Satin Chrome Orange
scm

Post by scm »

Yeah, you need a wired connection for it to work, apparently.
Sir Jagalot

Post by Sir Jagalot »

Interested to hear how this goes for those with 8" screens. Firstly, you will have the option displayed, whether it works or not. Second, you have to connect via USB cable. Dealer says that if your InControl system is capable, the software wlll go on to load Carplay/Android Auto during the update.

After two x 2 day sessions at the dealer, my MY2018 V6S definitey isn't able to run Android Auto. Hope you have better luck than I did.
scm

Post by scm »

Sir Jagalot wrote: Sun Sep 06, 2020 9:20 pm After two x 2 day sessions at the dealer, my MY2018 V6S definitey isn't able to run Android Auto. Hope you have better luck than I did.
That's weird. Do you have the Carplay and Android Auto options in Connectivity? My MY18 was built 25th March 2017 so an early one. I wonder if the later ones lost that facility in readiness for the 10" screen? Do you know the build date of your car?

Or maybe it's a V8/V6 thing?

• You may also be interested in...
    Replies
    Views
    Last post