Corrosion on door

Anything F-Type related......
NBC fdff

Post by NBC fdff »

Update....Lookers who now own Taggarts, are arranging for the warranty work. However, I was 'lucky' to get a courtesy car...a Seat Ibiza! Car will be off the road for a week!! Contacted Jaguar to see if they would help; car was bought new and financed through Jaguar dealership. They are not interested in helping in relation to enhancing courtesy car. They keep saying " we understand ..." but will not help. Poor service.Jaguar. First time with brand and disappointed
2018 2.0 R Dynamic in Carpathian Grey
Exterior black pack, Pano roof, 20" Gyrodynes and other bits and bobs ....

Rivendell

Post by Rivendell »

Abdul wrote: Thu Sep 17, 2020 4:16 pm Update....Lookers who now own Taggarts, are arranging for the warranty work. However, I was 'lucky' to get a courtesy car...a Seat Ibiza! Car will be off the road for a week!! Contacted Jaguar to see if they would help; car was bought new and financed through Jaguar dealership. They are not interested in helping in relation to enhancing courtesy car. They keep saying " we understand ..." but will not help. Poor service.Jaguar. First time with brand and disappointed
Abdul, glad they’re doing this. Are this doing this as a paint warranty item, or corrosion?
BRG V6 with 20 inch alloys and the Exhaust switch!
jgaxkr

Post by jgaxkr »

Abdul wrote: Thu Sep 17, 2020 4:16 pm Update....Lookers who now own Taggarts, are arranging for the warranty work. However, I was 'lucky' to get a courtesy car...a Seat Ibiza! Car will be off the road for a week!! Contacted Jaguar to see if they would help; car was bought new and financed through Jaguar dealership. They are not interested in helping in relation to enhancing courtesy car. They keep saying " we understand ..." but will not help. Poor service.Jaguar. First time with brand and disappointed
You were "lucky" to get a courtesy car. That is what they are not an "entitlement car". Your car is going in for a warranty repair & you are being supplied transportation. Dealers are under no obligation to supply you with a car. It is a courtesy they offer usually for people bringing a car in for mechanical repair or maintenance. So yes you are 'lucky".
NBC fdff

Post by NBC fdff »

Rivendell wrote: Sat Sep 19, 2020 10:29 pm
Abdul, glad they’re doing this. Are this doing this as a paint warranty item, or corrosion?
Hi ..not sure tbh. As far as I know its corrosion as it's bubbled up but no surface defect. Whichever it is, glad its being sorted. Speaking to the tech on drop off he said they'd just done a 4 year old F type with similar on the boot.
NBC fdff

Post by NBC fdff »

jgaxkr wrote: Sun Sep 20, 2020 1:35 pm
You were "lucky" to get a courtesy car. That is what they are not an "entitlement car". Your car is going in for a warranty repair & you are being supplied transportation. Dealers are under no obligation to supply you with a car. It is a courtesy they offer usually for people bringing a car in for mechanical repair or maintenance. So yes you are 'lucky".
Hi not sure I'd agree with you on that. Having had several other 'prestige' brands over time, first foray into Jaguar ownership a bit disappointing. Anytime I've had warranty work of any description with other brands, they've always arranged a courtesy car without asking. Often that was an enhanced model or spec as no doubt that was a good marketing ploy to encourage you to buy further up the chain next time. Why should any of us pay for a car, esp of this value and age, find it to be defective in manufacture within warranty and NOT get a replacement. We'll agree to disagree.
scm

Post by scm »

Abdul wrote: Sun Sep 20, 2020 10:31 pm Hi not sure I'd agree with you on that. Having had several other 'prestige' brands over time, first foray into Jaguar ownership a bit disappointing. Anytime I've had warranty work of any description with other brands, they've always arranged a courtesy car without asking. Often that was an enhanced model or spec as no doubt that was a good marketing ploy to encourage you to buy further up the chain next time. Why should any of us pay for a car, esp of this value and age, find it to be defective in manufacture within warranty and NOT get a replacement. We'll agree to disagree.
I'll agree to agree with you. However, loan vehicles tend to be at the "discretion" of the dealership and, as we know only too well, they are very variable in the way they behave. For regular maintenance/servicing you may have to wait for loan vehivcle to be available (often several weeks in advance) but when a newly purchased car fails I'd expect (and have not been disappointed so far, although it's only happened once!) the selling dealer to provide a car (I got a demonstrator last time it happened). The only luck involved is whether your chosen dealer is good or bad.
MY18 F-Type V8 R AWD in Glacier White
Lots of leather and toys, and loads of noise!
Rivendell

Post by Rivendell »

I’m still waiting for approval or refusal over 2 weeks on. The dealership tech guys (one from the paint shop; one mechanic) inspected the car and did paint depth checks etc to ensure nothing had been resprayed, which they confirmed It hadn’t. They seemed pretty clear is was corrosion, suggesting I check other panels regularly ‘while the car was under corrosion warranty’. However, their report needs to be approved by someone at somewhere (anyone know?) and this hasn’t happened. The service team said ‘we’re not sure if it’s paint (for which I’m not covered) or corrosion’ (for which I am). My ‘glass half empty’ view is that it will be turned down.

With no returned phone calls, no replies to emails and 2 years of additional Jaguar warranty on which I haven’t made a claim (except roadside assistance to my house to sort out a flat battery after a service because of incorrect OBM drills in the dealership), it’s really disappointing. Premium brand, maybe, with premium prices, definitely, I’m preparing for a complaint!
BRG V6 with 20 inch alloys and the Exhaust switch!
NBC fdff

Post by NBC fdff »

scm wrote: Mon Sep 21, 2020 11:59 am
Abdul wrote: Sun Sep 20, 2020 10:31 pm Hi not sure I'd agree with you on that. Having had several other 'prestige' brands over time, first foray into Jaguar ownership a bit disappointing. Anytime I've had warranty work of any description with other brands, they've always arranged a courtesy car without asking. Often that was an enhanced model or spec as no doubt that was a good marketing ploy to encourage you to buy further up the chain next time. Why should any of us pay for a car, esp of this value and age, find it to be defective in manufacture within warranty and NOT get a replacement. We'll agree to disagree.
I'll agree to agree with you. However, loan vehicles tend to be at the "discretion" of the dealership and, as we know only too well, they are very variable in the way they behave. For regular maintenance/servicing you may have to wait for loan vehivcle to be available (often several weeks in advance) but when a newly purchased car fails I'd expect (and have not been disappointed so far, although it's only happened once!) the selling dealer to provide a car (I got a demonstrator last time it happened). The only luck involved is whether your chosen dealer is good or bad.
If somebody with a 'proper' engine ;) agrees, I'll take that :lol:
NBC fdff

Post by NBC fdff »

Rivendell wrote: Tue Sep 22, 2020 7:14 am I’m still waiting for approval or refusal over 2 weeks on. The dealership tech guys (one from the paint shop; one mechanic) inspected the car and did paint depth checks etc to ensure nothing had been resprayed, which they confirmed It hadn’t. They seemed pretty clear is was corrosion, suggesting I check other panels regularly ‘while the car was under corrosion warranty’. However, their report needs to be approved by someone at somewhere (anyone know?) and this hasn’t happened. The service team said ‘we’re not sure if it’s paint (for which I’m not covered) or corrosion’ (for which I am). My ‘glass half empty’ view is that it will be turned down.

With no returned phone calls, no replies to emails and 2 years of additional Jaguar warranty on which I haven’t made a claim (except roadside assistance to my house to sort out a flat battery after a service because of incorrect OBM drills in the dealership), it’s really disappointing. Premium brand, maybe, with premium prices, definitely, I’m preparing for a complaint!
Just need to push it methinks!
scm

Post by scm »

Abdul wrote: Tue Sep 22, 2020 7:54 pm
scm wrote: Mon Sep 21, 2020 11:59 am
If somebody with a 'proper' engine ;) agrees, I'll take that :lol:
I have to confess that the loan vehicle I had on that one occasion was actually a 4-pot convertible. And nobody noticed the difference! :o
MY18 F-Type V8 R AWD in Glacier White
Lots of leather and toys, and loads of noise!

• You may also be interested in...
    Replies
    Views
    Last post