Corrosion on door

Anything F-Type related......
Rivendell

Post by Rivendell »

My 16 registration car has some corrosion on the door panel. It hasn’t broken the surface yet, but you can see it bubbling beneath. Does anyone have any experience of claiming on the anticorrosion warranty? On the face of it, this looks pretty black and

139F1985-FC15-45C3-A39E-ED526065A8D0.jpeg

white but you never know with these things .,,
BRG V6 with 20 inch alloys and the Exhaust switch!

Chrissyg

Post by Chrissyg »

Jaguars have a 6 year paint and corrosion warranty - take it to a dealership and get them to fix it!
20MY D240 RR Velar - Firenze Red
200tdi Defender 90
Ex-MOD SWB Series III Land Rover
Elementad

Post by Elementad »

Haven’t seen that before on an F. Although I’ve had previous aluminium panels cars before that can still bubble paint if water gets under the paint work.

Has it got underneath via a stone chip?
I’m sure Jag would honour that. I certainly think a visit to dealer should sort that out.
F Type R AWD coupe
(Previous car) F Type V6S convertible
Rivendell

Post by Rivendell »

Thanks for the replies. I don’t think there’s much doubt that corrosion beneath the paint is causing the paint to bubble up, but I had a tricky experience convincing a BMW dealership of something similar a few years ago. I shall take it to Beadles at Watford next week. Hopefully they’ll see it the same way.
Chrissyg

Post by Chrissyg »

Beadles in Sidcup honoured a huge amount of corrosion in the boot on my 2014 V6S with 3 months until the paint and corrosion warranty ran out including all new electrics in the boot. A bit of door corrosion should be sorted easily!
20MY D240 RR Velar - Firenze Red
200tdi Defender 90
Ex-MOD SWB Series III Land Rover
Rivendell

Post by Rivendell »

Chrissyg wrote: Sun Sep 06, 2020 6:42 pm Beadles in Sidcup honoured a huge amount of corrosion in the boot on my 2014 V6S with 3 months until the paint and corrosion warranty ran out including all new electrics in the boot. A bit of door corrosion should be sorted easily!
Reassuring. Thank you.
NBC fdff

Post by NBC fdff »

I've had exactly the same issue on the leafing edge of the passenger door. No scratch or chip present. Taking to the dealers bodyshop tomorrow as per service manager's request
2018 2.0 R Dynamic in Carpathian Grey
Exterior black pack, Pano roof, 20" Gyrodynes and other bits and bobs ....
Rivendell

Post by Rivendell »

Abdul wrote: Sun Sep 06, 2020 7:24 pm I've had exactly the same issue on the leafing edge of the passenger door. No scratch or chip present. Taking to the dealers bodyshop tomorrow as per service manager's request
Good luck Abdul! Please keep us posted.
NBC fdff

Post by NBC fdff »

By way of an update, car was bought from Taggarts of Glasgow; now part of Lookers. Took to their bodyshop and the technician took photos etc and said he would be in touch after speaking to warranty administrator. Didn't hint it would be an issue so fingers crossed.
2018 2.0 R Dynamic in Carpathian Grey
Exterior black pack, Pano roof, 20" Gyrodynes and other bits and bobs ....
Rivendell

Post by Rivendell »

Abdul wrote: Mon Sep 07, 2020 5:56 pm By way of an update, car was bought from Taggarts of Glasgow; now part of Lookers. Took to their bodyshop and the technician took photos etc and said he would be in touch after speaking to warranty administrator. Didn't hint it would be an issue so fingers crossed.
Ditto, although the Beadles bodyshop man started his inspection by suggesting the door had been resprayed. Fortunately, paint depth readings showed it hadn’t. Quite a process though. Inspection by bodyshop, second inspection by technician. Written report etc and then approval for a warrantee repair follows in about a week. Fingers crossed here too!

• You may also be interested in...
    Replies
    Views
    Last post