Recent insurance premium shock

Anything F-Type related......
dbv6s

Post by dbv6s »

I've always found planning in advance is the best - if you look to take out a policy at least 2 weeks in advance then prices vary significantly.
For example a policy starting today/tomorrow was around £150 more expensive vs one starting on 1st October

I never go with the renewal offer and always use a comparison site, 29 years old, 11 years no claims, 10k miles p/a, kept on a driveway....£605 this year which I thought was fine

obviously everyones circumstances differ, postcode is a big factor, best advise i have is shop around and always do it early

JurassicF

Post by JurassicF »

My premium with Saga has just gone up from £260 ish to £320.
Shopped around LV and AXA both came out at £250.
Phone call to Saga and low and behold £255 was available.
For me the benefit of Saga is a 365 day green card so I stayed with them, but was very tempted to tell them to.......!
F-Type V6S convertible MY16
Glacier Pearlescent White
Red soft top
Red electric and heated sports seats
Black dash and door cards
Red belts
Flat bottom heated wheel
mickjaguar

Post by mickjaguar »

Some insurance renewal quotes often have the approach of a Moroccan souk.

Each year, from as far back as I can remember, the annual MoreThan renewal quote contains a massive increase. Whereas an identical quote obtained as a 'new' customer, on their website, is usually pretty much the same as the previous year. Followed by phoning them to match their own quote. Doh!

This time it was even more odd, but easier. Premium went up from £350 to £570 for renewal! Obtained a 'new customer' quote of £363 on the MoreThan website and a second quote from LV of £346.

I waited a couple of days and logged into the MoreThan account to see if I could cancel the existing policy at renewal. On selecting 'continue with the renewal', the price shown on the screen of £570 then tumbled to £343!
2019 SVR Coupe, Velocity Blue
Previous 2015 V6 340 Coupe IRR
01286p

Post by 01286p »

Suggest that you try NFU,I pay about £380 for my 2016 V6S.I do live in the Country which might make a bit of a difference.
I have to say that except for LV ,and then only by a few pence,I have never found anyone to beat the NFU for a fully Comp no quibble Policy and best of all real permanent staff in a local office
devbrodie

Post by devbrodie »

scm wrote: Mon Sep 14, 2020 9:42 pm
Blimey! Had anything changed in your circumstances to "justify" such a hike? :shock:
I think they wanted shut of me...

I genuinely thought that I had told them of a speeding fine which I acquired back in 2017, but apparently I hadn't.

When my renewal came up in 2019, they checked with DVLA and found the conviction - they subsequently charged me £760 for this, which I accepted as the risk adjustment for the last 2 years - fair cop

I think the price hike was down to this fact and they just wanted me off their books.
MY18 - F-Type 3L V6 R-dynamic AWD
Black Pack
Driver Pack
Winter Pack
Performance Seats
Meridian Surround Sound
JFA

Post by JFA »

£262 for my SVR this year with LV multi-car and 12,000 miles! Wife's Fpace costs a bit more. But so many 'small' things in our favour - rural, garage overnight, 9 years + protected no claims, old enough to be 'sensible' (that's a laugh!) and experienced, no points (god knows how), young enough to be able to drive in a straight line, tracker fitted, dashcam fitted. 4 year old car with 43,000 miles so worth about 20 quid etc. Interesting to hear about the wide variety of quotes, and always worth shopping round each year. Increased excess can make a big difference.

Although a very fast car, I wonder if the Ftype is generally driven by middle aged farts like me who have splashed out on a mid-life crisis car and therefore are pretty careful with it? Premiums are based largely on historical claims rather BHP, top speed etc.
2016 Firesand SVR. Panoramic roof, carbon pack - 'Kitty' by name - travelling the UK with a big smile and a lot of noise!
JamesOC

Post by JamesOC »

Thanks for the responses; I’m glad it’s not just me.

I hadn’t tried NFU, have already now gone with Privelege. But will try them out of interest.

Really surprised by the variety of quotes, and from previous experience I shop around c. 4 weeks before renewal. I know my 6 points don’t help, nor the flood damage claim, but other factors are positive : low risk area, locked garage, 6+ years no claims, etc.

Hey ho, now juts hope I don’t need to use this insurance 🤞
MY20 R AWD Coupe, Portofino Blue
Previous: 2011 XK
Jaguandy

Post by Jaguandy »

I was with Privelege maybe 10 years ago. At the time, driving other cars not belonging etc was not included. That put me off them in following years. I wonder if that's changed now.
F-Type R Coupe Firenze (Italian Racing Red) AWD MY16
DAN@ADRIAN FLUX

Post by DAN@ADRIAN FLUX »

Hi.
Please feel free to give us a try for insurance if you haven't done so already.
Regards,
Dan.
Deleted User 1794

Post by Deleted User 1794 »

A Plan Thatcham did mine last month 5k pa, £365. Via Markerstudy.

• You may also be interested in...
    Replies
    Views
    Last post