Independent Recommendation

Anything F-Type related......
JFA

Post by JFA »

I have just received a price to replace rear brake pads at the main dealer which is £1,140. I was already interested in changing to APEC to reduce dust, but I now have another good reason to change!

To be fair, the main dealer is happy to fit pads that I supply for £92 plus the sensor - it is the parts that are so expensive.

But if I go down the APEC route ( I am awaiting confirmation and price), I could get an indie to do the work. Can anyone recommend a good one - I am in Hampshire, or is £92 for fitting a fair price?
2016 Firesand SVR. Panoramic roof, carbon pack - 'Kitty' by name - travelling the UK with a big smile and a lot of noise!

mickjaguar

Post by mickjaguar »

£92 sounds pretty good anyway. The sensor is another £40 ish ,I think.

I did wonder about asking the dealership parts desk how much pads would be (as they usually give a bit of discount if you ask). Generally I've found this makes things slightly cheaper than getting genuine parts online.
2019 SVR Coupe, Velocity Blue
Previous 2015 V6 340 Coupe IRR
Glaf

Post by Glaf »

JFA wrote: Wed Sep 16, 2020 3:38 pm I have just received a price to replace rear brake pads at the main dealer which is £1,140. I was already interested in changing to APEC to reduce dust, but I now have another good reason to change!

To be fair, the main dealer is happy to fit pads that I supply for £92 plus the sensor - it is the parts that are so expensive.

But if I go down the APEC route ( I am awaiting confirmation and price), I could get an indie to do the work. Can anyone recommend a good one - I am in Hampshire, or is £92 for fitting a fair price?

I can recommend the APEC pads.

search.php?st=0&sk=t&sd=d&sr=posts&keywords=Brake+dust
V6 Coupe, 2015, white with black pack, panoramic roof, 20" black Cylones, red callipers. 8-)
TVR Griffith 4.3, 1992, owned for 5 wonderful years.

• You may also be interested in...
    Replies
    Views
    Last post