Insane Brake Pad Prices!

Anything F-Type related......
JFA

Post by JFA »

Well I'm really confused now. Main dealer have quoted £1,000 for parts only rear pads for the SVR. They are happy to fit alternatives that I supply for £97.

Jaguar have confirmed that the pads are the same on the SVR as the V8 R - so it's not an SVR thing!

Alternative quotes -

APEC - £54.68!
Porterfield R4S - £124.

Can anyone explain the reason for such a huge price difference? With the alternatives being so much cheaper, am I actually getting an inferior product?
I am planning on ordering the Porterfields,
2016 Firesand SVR. Panoramic roof, carbon pack - 'Kitty' by name - travelling the UK with a big smile and a lot of noise!

Nick

Post by Nick »

I take it you have carbon ceramic brakes for the pads to cost £1000

I take that back, just read one of your earlier posts, that’s a ridiculous Price, just source and fit them yourself. Believe there is some procedure you need to go through when changing them. Will be on here somewhere.
MY15 Coupe V8R Carbon Ceramic Brakes, 20" Anthracite Wheels Panoramic Roof, Meridian 770
JurassicF

Post by JurassicF »

SCM from Southampton has an independent he uses, worth a PM to get details, although your main dealer price doesn't sound bad for changing them whilst the pad price is just ridiculous.
F-Type V6S convertible MY16
Glacier Pearlescent White
Red soft top
Red electric and heated sports seats
Black dash and door cards
Red belts
Flat bottom heated wheel
Simeyb

Post by Simeyb »

Sounds like a main dealer price, but are you sure they haven’t misquoted you for ceramics? On no planet are normal pads a grand!
FType Coupe MY18 V8 R AWD
Rhodium Silver
Meridian Surround
Pan roof
Exterior Black Pack
JFA

Post by JFA »

Simeyb wrote: Mon Oct 12, 2020 7:41 am Sounds like a main dealer price, but are you sure they haven’t misquoted you for ceramics? On no planet are normal pads a grand!
Spot on Simeyb, I had the dealer fit the Porterfields on Saturday, and they had misquoted for ceramics. The standard ones were about £85, so cheaper than the Porterfields - but hopefully they will produce less dust! Since the dealer sold me the car from new and have serviced it ever since, you'd have thought they would have known!
2016 Firesand SVR. Panoramic roof, carbon pack - 'Kitty' by name - travelling the UK with a big smile and a lot of noise!

• You may also be interested in...
    Replies
    Views
    Last post