Red brake caliper paint

Anything F-Type related......
RPSN

Post by RPSN »

I’ve tried the E-TECH Red Brake Caliper Brush-On enamel paint from ‘eurocarparts’ (see illustration) but it doesn’t perfectly match the original red colour of my brake calipers (it’s more of an orange/red colour).
https://www.eurocarparts.com/p/e-tech-r ... -993771921

Has anyone experimented with red brake caliper paint and found one which perfectly matches the red colour on the F-Type ‘High Performance’ calipers?

After doing some research I’ve found these:

1. Foliatec Rosso Red Brake Caliper Brush-On Paint Set, 200g (2 part – paint & hardener) £25.
https://www.eurocarparts.com/p/foliatec ... -993998471

2. Brembo Red Brake Caliper Brush-On Painting Kit, 300ml (2 part – paint & hardener) £37.

Taken from the link.....” We are also the number one choice for manufacturers requiring high-end painting on very high-end vehicles. Over the seven years we have been using this paint, we have done work for Jaguar Land Rover, most Ferrari, Porsche, Lamborghini etc main dealers throughout the UK and many motorsport/race teams.”
https://www.bcs-automotive.co.uk/shop/b ... rembo-red/

3. Halfords Red Brake Caliper Brush-On Paint, 250ml, £10.99
https://www.halfords.com/motoring/paint ... 63374.html

4. I’ve also seen Hammerite Direct to Rust Metal Paint, Smooth Red Finish, 250ml, £10.20, but not sure if this would be any good and whether or not it’s heat resistant?
https://www.halfords.com/motoring/paint ... 06423.html

TIA

Image of E-TECH red brake caliper paint.png

2016MY V6S Coupe RWD Auto 380PS Supercharged
Rhodium Silver
Panoramic Glass Roof
Sports Seats (heated) in Jet Leather
Seat Memory Pack 2 (14x14 way)
Powered Tailgate (open & close)
Reverse Park Camera with Guidance
Front Parking Aid

chicb

Post by chicb »

Can't speak for the others, but I would not use the Hammerite smooth. I used the silver Hammerite smooth on the bells of the discs on my S63 Merc coupe. I used a good quality brush, but the paint goes on fairly thick (it says do not thin) & when it dried there were brush marks. Where I painted it was fine as you don't really see them too much & from a distance it looks ok, but I would not use it on the callipers. Pic enclosed
Friend of mine used high temp Ferrari gloss red & said you could not tell the difference

IMG20200929132850.jpg

F type convertible, (gone)
Range Rover Sport,
S63 AMG Coupe Mercedes
Porsche 911 (992) Carrera 4S
RPSN

Post by RPSN »

Thanks, I’ll give the Hammerite a miss and I’m pretty sure it isn’t heat resistant either.

I’ll have a look at the Ferrari red, Brembo Red and Alfa Romeo red on this link https://www.bcs-automotive.co.uk/high-e ... -painting/

The Ferrari red does appear to be very similar but having just compared, the Brembo red looks the closest match to my calipers which are shown on the second photo.

Ferrari Red.jpg

My calipers.JPG

Brembo Red.jpg

Alfa Romeo Red.jpg

Last edited by RPSN on Thu Oct 01, 2020 2:04 pm, edited 4 times in total.
Rhodium Silver
Panoramic Glass Roof
Front Parking Aid
dbv6s

Post by dbv6s »

heard good things about the BCS kits, few of my friends have used those

can't comment on what red to go for that they offer, but the kit in general is apparently spot on - maybe give their sales team a call/email?
they also offer decals if you wanted to add
RPSN

Post by RPSN »

Cheers.

Just added a photo on my post (above) showing my own brake caliper. The Brembo red colour from BCS is (in my opinion) the closest match.

Did ring BCS earlier and a member of staff said that nobody had asked them for the Jaguar red colour but they could match any colour even if it wasn't showing on their website.

I didn't know that they also offer decals so I'll remember that one, thanks.

I've previously bought brake caliper decals from here https://www.brakecaliperdecals.co.uk/Ja ... per-Decals and they are spot on. I ordered silver ones sized 65mm as that's the original colour and size for my calipers.
Rhodium Silver
Panoramic Glass Roof
Front Parking Aid
RPSN

Post by RPSN »

And another very good colour match to my calipers is the 'Foliatec Rosso Red Brake Caliper Paint' from eurocarparts (posted the link earlier but not the photo).

The trouble is nowadays.......there’s too many choices!

eurocarparts - Foliatec Rosso Red.jpg

My own caliper.JPG

Rhodium Silver
Panoramic Glass Roof
Front Parking Aid
cj10jeeper

Post by cj10jeeper »

Can't swear the colour is an exact match but I've used Halfords for a decade on a variety of cars. It's easy to paint on, smooth and lasts for years. Dries quick enough that on a warm day by the time you paint the 4th caliper you can recoat them
2014 MY 3.0 V6S Roadster
Subtle enhancements to create the car I wanted from SVR nose cone, 400 series side skirts & customised 'design' rear bumper, to heated SVR steering wheel and more
RPSN

Post by RPSN »

Thanks.

The Halfords caliper paint seems very similar to the 'E-TECH Red Brake Caliper Brush-On enamel paint' that I already have, with regards to ease of use etc.

For the sake of £10 or so, I may try it to see what the colour match is like?
Rhodium Silver
Panoramic Glass Roof
Front Parking Aid
Lutondave

Post by Lutondave »

Hi,
I used the BCS Ferrari rosso red kit to paint my rear calipers and am happy with the results.
Cheers
V6 S convertible 2013 black with silver trim and silver cyclones
V8 AWD convertible 2016 glacier white, black trim, black bonnet vents, black badges and black cyclones
RPSN

Post by RPSN »

Thanks.

The BCS kits seem to be quite popular and there's a very nice finish with the Ferrari rosso red as shown in the photo I posted earlier.
Rhodium Silver
Panoramic Glass Roof
Front Parking Aid

• You may also be interested in...
    Replies
    Views
    Last post