Anything F-Type related......
scm

Post by scm »

GusA wrote: Fri Oct 23, 2020 11:25 am
Tel wrote: Fri Oct 23, 2020 11:06 am Guys with the 4 x 4 offroad AWD versions
:lol: :lol:
I think the RWDs are more likely to go off-road! :lol:
MY18 F-Type V8 R AWD in Glacier White
Lots of leather and toys, and loads of noise!

Lunar

Post by Lunar »

I guess the lighter weight of the RWD equates to a lower "rotation" speed down the runway.

...although the bigger surface area of the aileron on the open cockpit version should help :D
MY14 "S" badged V6 Convertible in Lunar Grey metallic
Performance seats, Meridian, heated flat bottom wheel with aluminium paddles, heated front screen, cruise, dual zone climate, switchable active exhaust
Dazarooni

Post by Dazarooni »

Michaelw wrote: Fri Oct 23, 2020 10:47 am Hi
I have an AWD S running
Front 255 x 35 ZR20 97Y
Rear 295 x 30 ZR20 101Y

I changed all 4 tyres from Pirelli P zeros to Michelin Pilot Sport 4S about a month ago. To be honest I have not really noticed any difference, I didn't have a problem with grip on either tyre. I was hoping the Michelin tyre would be a bit quieter but if they are it's marginal.

As others have said maybe there is more of an effect on RWD cars

Michael
And it's possible some of the folk who rave about the PS4S have just replaced their 2mm P-Zero rear tyres to a fresh pair of PS4S and are somehow amazed by the difference.
dbv6s

Post by dbv6s »

most people changing tyres are changing from worn tyres to brand new ones. After initial scrub in majority of new half decent tyres would feel like an improvement

Personally, I went from 4 Pzeros, to 4 Michelin PS4S's, I changed because rear tyres were slashed, not because they were worn. I felt like the Michelins were a big improvement, they were cheaper, and I'd always recommend them

Appreciate its sometimes a placebo effect
and just because people are loving the Pzero's doesnt mean they dont think the Michelins are good, chances are they probably havent tried them..
JurassicF

Post by JurassicF »

Interestingly my neighbour has just changed the tyres on his Porsche 911 from Michelin PS4s to Pirelli P Zeros as he liked the "look" of my Pirellis.
He said they made a huge difference (improvement).
Placebo?
F-Type V6S convertible MY16
Glacier Pearlescent White
Red soft top
Red electric and heated sports seats
Black dash and door cards
Red belts
Flat bottom heated wheel
scm

Post by scm »

JurassicF wrote: Fri Oct 23, 2020 4:39 pm Placebo?
Nah, Porsche "driver". :lol:
MY18 F-Type V8 R AWD in Glacier White
Lots of leather and toys, and loads of noise!
scharlton

Post by scharlton »

My car came with P Zero's and they were useless in the wet.

Having just completed a track day at Castle Combe which started wet and dried out by late morning I can confirm that I think the PS4S's are brilliant.

They gripped in the wet with no front wheel loss of traction and the back could be spun out under control with no sudden loss of traction, very progressive.

In the dry they gripped far beyond my bravery and with really enthuastic driving up to 130mph the rears never let go on the exits and the fronts never lost traction into the corners, DSC was in track rather than off.

Overall, really happy, only issue was I could only do 5 lap stints as the brakes got very hot. Even after 45 minute rests you couldn't touch the calipers. Also, in dynamic with the throttle/brake position screen up, I could light all the blue throttle bars up but no matter how hard I hit the brakes, I could only get half the red lights to light up. Has anyone managed to get them all illuminated?

Very impressed with the R on track, blown away though by the project 8 that was also lapping there.
2014 Coupe 5.0R RWD
White
Herts
Tel

Post by Tel »

I'd rather have a MPS4 thank a Porsche ;-)

Not really - Just jealous!
2016MY V8R IRR
ITG Maxogen Cold air intake kit
Billet OBD lock
Forged lightweight Blades
Full custom Xpel Ultimate PPF wrap
Piano Black badges
17mm MST Hubcentrics
Smarttop remote
Black exhaust tips
Porterfield RS-4 Carbon Kevlar pads
Mich PS4S's
+ more 💩
Lunar

Post by Lunar »

I do wonder if the later version of the P Zero is a much improved tyre.

You can tell which one by the difference in tread pattern.

P-Zero.JPG

MY14 "S" badged V6 Convertible in Lunar Grey metallic
Performance seats, Meridian, heated flat bottom wheel with aluminium paddles, heated front screen, cruise, dual zone climate, switchable active exhaust
jono_h

Post by jono_h »

Mine came with a brand new set of (the old style) P-Zero’s on the rear, and I haven’t had a problem so far.

I think there’s something in the suggestion that the change from worn to new tyres makes a significant difference, whatever the brand.
That said, if I get through these tyres I’d go for MPS4’s.

• You may also be interested in...
    Replies
    Views
    Last post