Michelin Pilot sport 4S

Anything F-Type related......
scm

Post by scm »

Suitable for all weather conditions? is it really an all weather tyre?
MY18 F-Type V8 R AWD in Glacier White
Lots of leather and toys, and loads of noise!

santoshlv426

Post by santoshlv426 »

Cool fact I learnt about the Pirelli P Zero.
They were developed for the Ferrari F 40 !!
F Type 5.0L V8 RWD 2016
Rhodium Silver

cj10jeeper

Post by cj10jeeper »

santoshlv426 wrote: Thu Oct 29, 2020 1:30 pm Cool fact I learnt about the Pirelli P Zero.
They were developed for the Ferrari F 40 !!
Cool, but it also says the P Zero is a 36 year old design, or it's been redesigned and just keeps the badge
2014 MY 3.0 V6S Roadster
Subtle enhancements to create the car I wanted from SVR nose cone, 400 series side skirts & customised 'design' rear bumper, to heated SVR steering wheel and more
Deleted User 1715

Post by Deleted User 1715 »

Formula 1 cars run on P Zeros too and the latest McLaren has P Zeros ‘designed’ for them, Porsche use P Zeros with stiffened side walls.

As cj10jeeper says it’s just a badge, used on hundreds of products, with loads of different designs and structures. In reality it’s just an ethos for the company.
Lunar

Post by Lunar »

A bit like Coke Zero then ;)
MY14 "S" badged V6 Convertible in Lunar Grey metallic
Performance seats, Meridian, heated flat bottom wheel with aluminium paddles, heated front screen, cruise, dual zone climate, switchable active exhaust
scm

Post by scm »

You can now get P-Zero bicycle tyres, too.
MY18 F-Type V8 R AWD in Glacier White
Lots of leather and toys, and loads of noise!
santoshlv426

Post by santoshlv426 »

Hmm, OK.

Wow, I really was shot down on that one !
Anyway, if I change (and my tires are 5 years old already), it's gonna be the Michelins
F Type 5.0L V8 RWD 2016
Rhodium Silver

NBC fdff

Post by NBC fdff »

Dazarooni wrote: Fri Oct 23, 2020 1:42 pm
Michaelw wrote: Fri Oct 23, 2020 10:47 am Hi
I have an AWD S running
Front 255 x 35 ZR20 97Y
Rear 295 x 30 ZR20 101Y

I changed all 4 tyres from Pirelli P zeros to Michelin Pilot Sport 4S about a month ago. To be honest I have not really noticed any difference, I didn't have a problem with grip on either tyre. I was hoping the Michelin tyre would be a bit quieter but if they are it's marginal.

As others have said maybe there is more of an effect on RWD cars

Michael
And it's possible some of the folk who rave about the PS4S have just replaced their 2mm P-Zero rear tyres to a fresh pair of PS4S and are somehow amazed by the difference.
Fair point. However I think I did state I had plenty tread. Replacement was due to tyre damage. Having had car from new so I can rightly compare, in my humble opinion and amateur hands the Michelin just feels better. I most definitely feel more confident cornering in the wet.
2018 2.0 R Dynamic in Carpathian Grey
Exterior black pack, Pano roof, 20" Gyrodynes and other bits and bobs ....
Pint_of_Beamish

Post by Pint_of_Beamish »

Hi all,

I've been following the various PS4S versus P0 debates and need some input.

I have P0s on each corner (265/35/ZR20 on the front and 295/30/ZR20 on the rear).

The fronts are due a change so thinking about either:

1. Just replacing the fronts with P Zeros; or
2. Replacing all 4 with PS4S

The rears still have a bit of mileage left and I have a V6S AWD so traction hasn't been an issue. My rational brain says option 1 but .... the monkey brain says definitely option 2.

Thoughts?

Also, Costco have the £100 off deal available and I can get the generic PS4S for the front but only the 'Merc' branded PS4S for the rear. Am I correct to assume the Merc branded ones are the exact same as the generics and are not different except for a small 'M' stamp on the tyre wall?

Thanks
MY16 F-Type V6 S AWD in Stratus Grey
simpleR

Post by simpleR »

Each homologated tyre is slight different for each manufacturer.

A good guide is here, IE BMW performance tyres have stronger inside wall due to camber, Porsche might have a stiffer side wall due to weight etc etc.
https://www.tyrereviews.co.uk/Article/H ... -Story.htm

I am sure Pirelli performance centre could give a better explanation if you give them a call. They are very helpful. https://en-gb.facebook.com/BurtonPPC/
(If you scroll back to 1st June there is a 400 Sport having two new fronts fitted ready for MOT!!)
400 Sport AWD - MY18 - Black

• You may also be interested in...
    Replies
    Views
    Last post