Michelin Pilot sport 4S

Anything F-Type related......
dbv6s

Post by dbv6s »

speak to your tyre fitter at Costco again, they have those sizes in MPS4S's which are non Merc branded....
In my opinion I would just change the fronts, no point in scraping tyres with life left in them, as long as you have the same brand across each axle you'll be fine

JFA

Post by JFA »

dbv6s wrote: Thu Nov 05, 2020 11:06 am
In my opinion I would just change the fronts, no point in scraping tyres with life left in them, as long as you have the same brand across each axle you'll be fine

Agreed - I've been running Pirellis on the rear & Michelins on the front for the last year & no problems.
2016 Firesand SVR. Panoramic roof, carbon pack - 'Kitty' by name - travelling the UK with a big smile and a lot of noise!
DavidS

Post by DavidS »

Looking forward to trying these out. I’m hopeless when it comes to searching the internet for the best prices etc. Too much choice!

Does anyone know what I should be paying for the rear tyres on my V8R AWD? Running with 20” alloys.

Just don’t want to get ripped off and over pay.
scm

Post by scm »

I got my rears done via Blackcircles and Halfords mobile fitting a couple of weeks ago for £518.40 total inc VAT (included a £28 mobile fittng charge). If you get a choice of Halfords or ATS don't pick ATS - I did at first and the fitter didn't bother to show up "in case he damaged my wheels". Didn't bother to tell me, either - rubbish customer service from them.
MY18 F-Type V8 R AWD in Glacier White
Lots of leather and toys, and loads of noise!
NavigatorNI

Post by NavigatorNI »

Michelin are doing a cash-back offer at the moment - until the end of May 2022. For your 2 x 20" tyres, £40 cashback via participating dealers, (4 x 20", £100 cashback) see link below
https://www.michelin.co.uk/auto/promoti ... t=textlink

When I bought my last ones in June last year, 2 x 20" rears cost me £517.20 incl. VAT supplied & fitted by my local (independent) Michelin tyre dealer. There was also a promotion on at that time & I bought all 4 tyres and got £100 back off a total bill of £874.

If I were you I'd check your local tyre depot to see what they can do. The Michelin website will point you to their stockists local to you if you don't already know.
V6S Coupé, RWD, MY16
Salsa Red
20" Turbine silver alloys
Lots of extras
Lots of noise
Lots of smiles :D :D :D
DavidS

Post by DavidS »

Some great info here. Thanks very much both. I’m getting prices around £568 for 2x rears but will look into the money back deal Michelin are doing to try and get it down. Will also ask around the local places and see what’s going. £568 seems steep compared with your £517 but wondering if that’s due to the ‘cost of living’ etc going up
NavigatorNI

Post by NavigatorNI »

Could be. It was June last year when I paid that and everything else is going up in price! Just to be clear, the cashback comes from Michelin after you've paid the full price to the tyre dealer.
V6S Coupé, RWD, MY16
Salsa Red
20" Turbine silver alloys
Lots of extras
Lots of noise
Lots of smiles :D :D :D
apr1962

Post by apr1962 »

Costco are running the £100 off deal. Usually very good prices on tyres. Need to be a member though.
MY 2018 V8R AWD Convertible
Ammonite Grey / Black Leather
Modifications:
SVR Bonnet Vents
Flat Bottomed Steering Wheel
Jaguar Aluminium Paddles
scm

Post by scm »

DavidS wrote: Sun May 01, 2022 11:14 pm£568 seems steep compared with your £517 but wondering if that’s due to the ‘cost of living’ etc going up
While you don't want to pay more than is strictly necessary, an extra £25 a tyre doesn't seem much of a premium to keep you out of ditches. ;)
MY18 F-Type V8 R AWD in Glacier White
Lots of leather and toys, and loads of noise!
01286p

Post by 01286p »

I have used the ASDA site very successfully, the current price for 2 rear 20-inch wheels is £502 fitted. You may even be able to reduce that further by going to the recommended local fitter direst.
All I would add is that since fitting Michelin tyres the handling has been transformed - FOR THE BETTER.

V6S Coupe

• You may also be interested in...
    Replies
    Views
    Last post