infotainment versions

Anything F-Type related......
giffordg

Post by giffordg »

hi, i'm shopping around for an Ftype, with a tight budget of £35k, and that means i'm looking at 2014-2016 year.

i'm struggling to find, at least for UK models, what month/years the infotainments were upgraded and what features the upgrades brought?
when i go on autotrader and look at some 2014 cars, the reversing camera screen resolution looks awful, as does the display.
Then some 2015 cars have the buttons where the front of them change from words to icons, and a tiled display that looks to be higher resolution.
Then i believe there was another change in 2017?

is there any way to get android auto to work with any of these 2014-2016 cars?

Malbec

Post by Malbec »

Short answer, yes probably.
When you find a car you’re interested in send UAD the vin and photo of screen.....

https://unique-ad.co.uk/product/wireles ... 2013-2015/

viewtopic.php?f=21&t=4513
17MY V6S AWD Coupé Ammonite grey.
UAD wireless CarPlay.
dbv6s

Post by dbv6s »

In my opinion I wouldn't try and chase a better infotainment version too much - reality is all 2013 - 2017 cars infotainment systems are relatively poor and were to some extent out of date when they were launched.

As Malbec's post above, you can add apple car play & android auto from Unique AD, so find the car which ticks the most boxes for your budget and then if needs be add the Unique AD box at a later date

Good luck with the search, you'll get a great car for the money!
Jemjag

Post by Jemjag »

Did you get a car? Seems to be a few options around... managed to get mine 3 days ago for essentially 32k (memory seats, sports wheel, blind spot mirrors, heated seats, reversing cam). Now looking at the Apple play, seems relatively easy to install — wouldn’t take dash apart etc myself but the glove box install looks fine.
MY16 F-type S, white convertible
Heated, 14 way adjustable, seats
19” black centrifuge wheels
Folding mirrors & blind spot monitors
Reversing camera and parking sensors
Active exhaust
SmartTop mod

• You may also be interested in...
    Replies
    Views
    Last post