3.0 s RWD Injector issues

Anything F-Type related......
Geeso1v

Post by Geeso1v »

Good evening. I wondered if any has experienced this situation before and can offer some advice before I progress. I have a 7 year old F Type 3.0 s with 45000 miles on the clock. Firstly I had a supercharger problem which had an issue with the drive and a spring which broke but this item was replaced. Subsequently there was a ticking noise coming from the fuel line which we assumed was related to the electronic fuel injectors. The Jaguar garage diagnosed that there was an issue with no 4 & 5 so we decided to replace numbers 4-6 and also replace the spark plugs. There also seemed to have been some coolant leak from a pipe close to the area so there was some water ingress although a test showed the system was pressurised. I have read that there can be water ingress through the bonnet vents. Anyway when trying to remove the aluminium injectors from the cast iron head they broke. The garage now say they may have to remove the engine to gain better access to the injectors but said it would be an 18 hour job 🥴.
Has anyone experienced this situation before and how have they handled it . Thanks in anticipation G

DKW

Post by DKW »

Hello there,
I had this exact problem. Garage managed to snap 4 injectors using slide hammer.

Do not let them remove the cylinder heads.Very expensive.

I used www. ogsmechanics.com who have a mobile service and use a hydraulic extractor. They removed all my snapped injectors in 10 minutes. Excellent service.

I am now experiencing a coolant leak caused by a split header tank. Not unusual apparently!
scm

Post by scm »

DKW wrote: Sat Oct 24, 2020 12:09 pmI am now experiencing a coolant leak caused by a split header tank. Not unusual apparently!
I had one of those in my 2001 XK8. Very expensive expansion tank, so said my independent!
MY18 F-Type V8 R AWD in Glacier White
Lots of leather and toys, and loads of noise!

• You may also be interested in...
    Replies
    Views
    Last post