Retro fit cruise control

Anything F-Type related......
scm

Post by scm »

GusA wrote: Tue Jul 13, 2021 6:29 pm
BobHarrington wrote: Tue Jul 13, 2021 5:19 pm Hi mickjaguar. Yes, you met me at Beaulieu. I was phoned on the Monday by the garage in Portsmouth who told me they had an identical car in, and they had tried everything they knew to retrofit cruise control, but had failed, so cancelled my appointment. They spent a lot of time trying to help me, and never charged.
So it was now plan C! A round trip of 250 miles, but all done easily in half an hour + road test. I’m delighted, worth every penny.
Best wishes, Bob
Wow that’s a fast road trip! :lol:
Damn! I thought I did literal, but I missed that one, well spotted ... :lol:
MY18 F-Type V8 R AWD in Glacier White
Lots of leather and toys, and loads of noise!

NavigatorNI

Post by NavigatorNI »

BobHarrington wrote: Mon Jul 12, 2021 10:24 pm Hooray, success at last. After trying for years to get cruise control retrofitted to my ‘14 base 340, I was recommended to LR-Retrofits. They said they had done a few without any problems, and were happy to do mine. Only problem, you have to take your car to Chelmsford, Essex. I took the plunge, a round trip of 250 miles, and it was done by Mo in less than 1 hour incl a test drive. At the same time for an extra charge he altered the heater controls so they are now independent. On the drive home of 125 miles it has worked perfectly. 👍
Bob,

Thanks again for the recommendation of LR Retrofits. They were able to put me in touch with an independent near me &, via them, remotely activate the Dual Zone Climate for me. I'm well chuffed!
V6S Coupé, RWD, MY16
Salsa Red
20" Turbine silver alloys
Lots of extras
Lots of noise
Lots of smiles :D :D :D
martync

Post by martync »

Great to hear this after being told by JLR dealership that it's not possible! Despite sending them a JLR tech doc that says “The single and dual-zone systems contain the same hardware, but with different software to produce the functionality required by each system.”

Anyway, been in touch with Mo at LR Retrofits who confirms it's on their list of F-type activations, so might be planning a trip to Chelmsford at some point in the future.

Interesting list of activations and retrofits here https://lr-retrofits.co.uk/x152-f-type
F-Type Coupe P300 R-Dynamic Portofino Blue MY2020

• You may also be interested in...
    Replies
    Views
    Last post