Anything F-Type related......
356boy

Post by 356boy »

Also what is the ASSE

scm

Post by scm »

356boy wrote: Mon Nov 30, 2020 2:54 pm full editor, where do i find that
Under the Quick Reply box!
Last edited by scm on Mon Nov 30, 2020 4:04 pm, edited 1 time in total.
MY18 F-Type V8 R AWD in Glacier White
Lots of leather and toys, and loads of noise!
scm

Post by scm »

356boy wrote: Mon Nov 30, 2020 3:43 pm Also what is the ASSE
Active Switchable Sports Exhaust? Just guessing ....
Tel

Post by Tel »

scm wrote: Mon Nov 30, 2020 4:03 pm
Active Switchable Sports Exhaust? Just guessing ....
Learning something new every day!

Calll it a 'Loud button'..easier ;-)
2016MY V8R IRR
ITG Maxogen Cold air intake kit
Billet OBD lock
Forged lightweight Blades
Full custom Xpel Ultimate PPF wrap
Piano Black badges
17mm MST Hubcentrics
Smarttop remote
Black exhaust tips
Porterfield RS-4 Carbon Kevlar pads
Mich PS4S's
+ more 💩
PhilB

Post by PhilB »

Just press the blue "Post Reply " box and the full editor and ability to add files will come up with it.
scm

Post by scm »

PhilB wrote: Mon Nov 30, 2020 4:06 pm Just press the blue "Post Reply " box and the full editor and ability to add files will come up with it.
That's the same as clicking Full Editor & Preview!
DaddyDarren

Post by DaddyDarren »

Yes it’s the Active Switchable Sports Exhaust. Ensure it works, prior to purchase. Costly mistake if you realise at later stage 😬. Spend some time searching forum. It’s been discussed many times. Initial clue to potential fault = metallic squeak/grating couple of seconds after starting engine.

I’d also suggest going over & around the car with torch & magnifying glass. Get under car too, as much as you can. Look absolutely everywhere, especially in difficult places under dash, in boot area, glass. These are all areas where a shoe heel, bag buckle, golf club may have caught a surface. Your car sounds like it been cherished, so should be ok, but always better to check before transfer of funds.

Best of luck & enjoy the buying process. Exciting!
White 2014 V6 Coupe
OEM P7 Grill
VAP Lowering Springs
VAP 200 Cell Cats & Downpipes
VAP Pulley & Stage II 453 BHP Remap
Vorsteiner 21” V-FF 103 Alloys
PB Brakes 8/6 Pot Drilled Big Brake Kit
Glaf

Post by Glaf »

356boy wrote: Sun Nov 29, 2020 5:33 pm Hi, just joined the forum as i am due to view a 65 plate 3 ltr version on Tuesday, 28k miles FJSH and 1 owner, it does seem to be loaded with optional extras, pan roof, 20" wheels, black pack, rear camera, switchable exhaust, sports seats and the exterior design pack, in Italian racing red. questions are
1 Is the basic 3 ltr adequate or lacking in power
2 Any major problems with the 65 year cars i should look out for
3 Will it have the nice exhaust rumble of the bigger engine cars
thanks

From a power point of view its worth noting that the V6 340bhp and 380bhp produced virtually the same peak torque at 332lb/ft and 339lb/ft respectively. The power advantage between the two is only significant at the top of the rev range.

The active exhaust valves are automatically activated in dynamic mode, it’s worth bearing this in mind if you find a spec you like without the active exhaust option. I tend to switch this off on long motorway journeys as I find the the sound is slightly droning.

I’ve had the car 3 years now, it’s a pleasure to drive and I’ve had no issues to date.

Hope this helps.
V6 Coupe, 2015, white with black pack, panoramic roof, 20" black Cylones, red callipers. 8-)
TVR Griffith 4.3, 1992, owned for 5 wonderful years.
Backfire

Post by Backfire »

My own opinion is that I find my 340hp V6 perfectly suited to the car. It's perfectly quick enough for any road situation and to me sounds better than the gruff V8. I'm not going to be popular saying this but, all that popping and banging (which the V6 will do if provoked) sounds a bit like an exhaust manifold leak to me. Mines got the active exhaust without switch and you get a glorious wail under acceleration.
Obviously it's best you drive it and see if it floats your boat. Also the 340's simpler diff doesn't seem to suffer the problems of the others.
2017MY F Type Coupe, Caldera Red, 19 Centrifuges, Pan Roof, Leather memory heated seats, Parking pack. Also 1957 XK150 FHC.
scm

Post by scm »

Glaf wrote: Mon Nov 30, 2020 5:15 pm The active exhaust valves are automatically activated in dynamic mode, it’s worth bearing this in mind if you find a spec you like without the active exhaust option. I tend to switch this off on long motorway journeys as I find the the sound is slightly droning.
Do you mean without the switch option? If you don't have the active exhaust option you won't get any valves to open. I personally can't really see the point of the switch anyway - if you want loud use dynamic mode (valves open all the time), if you want quiet, use non-dynamic (valves open around 3,500rpm). All the switch does in dynamic is stop the valves opening before 3,500rpm, and in non-dynamic it opens the valves at around 1,500 rpm (you can hear the difference at tickover). That's the way my MY18 V8 works, anyway.

Personally, I wouldn't use dynamic on long motorway journeys as that makes the car a bit more lively than I want for GT cruising.

• You may also be interested in...
    Replies
    Views
    Last post