3 LTR version

Anything F-Type related......
Glaf

Post by Glaf »

scm wrote: Mon Nov 30, 2020 6:11 pm
Glaf wrote: Mon Nov 30, 2020 5:15 pm The active exhaust valves are automatically activated in dynamic mode, it’s worth bearing this in mind if you find a spec you like without the active exhaust option. I tend to switch this off on long motorway journeys as I find the the sound is slightly droning.
Do you mean without the switch option? If you don't have the active exhaust option you won't get any valves to open. I personally can't really see the point of the switch anyway - if you want loud use dynamic mode (valves open all the time), if you want quiet, use non-dynamic (valves open around 3,500rpm). All the switch does in dynamic is stop the valves opening before 3,500rpm, and in non-dynamic it opens the valves at around 1,500 rpm (you can hear the difference at tickover). That's the way my MY18 V8 works, anyway.

Personally, I wouldn't use dynamic on long motorway journeys as that makes the car a bit more lively than I want for GT cruising.

Yes, I was referring to the switch. I wasn’t aware the actual active exhaust system was optional?
V6 Coupe, 2015, white with black pack, panoramic roof, 20" black Cylones, red callipers. 8-)
TVR Griffith 4.3, 1992, owned for 5 wonderful years.

scm

Post by scm »

Glaf wrote: Mon Nov 30, 2020 6:54 pm Yes, I was referring to the switch. I wasn’t aware the actual active exhaust system was optional?
Neither was I! :lol:
MY18 F-Type V8 R AWD in Glacier White
Lots of leather and toys, and loads of noise!
356boy

Post by 356boy »

Spoke to the guy at Alpha motors and he says he rang Jaguar warrington and they told him the diff oil doesnt need changing ubtil 160k miles?
Should i ask for this to be done before/if i want to buy the car

jaguar-f-type-coupe-248ba82d751b.jpg

Lunar

Post by Lunar »

Photo in this thread...

viewtopic.php?f=27&t=4431
MY14 "S" badged V6 Convertible in Lunar Grey metallic
Performance seats, Meridian, heated flat bottom wheel with aluminium paddles, heated front screen, cruise, dual zone climate, switchable active exhaust
Deleted User 1715

Post by Deleted User 1715 »

356boy wrote: Tue Dec 01, 2020 5:43 am Spoke to the guy at Alpha motors and he says he rang Jaguar warrington and they told him the diff oil doesnt need changing ubtil 160k miles?
Should i ask for this to be done before/if i want to buy the car
You can enter the VIN into the online jaguar servicing website and it will tell you when that particular car is due for rear diff oil change and for some it’s 4 yearly but others 9 or 10 yearly. Whatever it says I wouldn’t do it at greater intervals than 4 yearly. You could make it a condition of sale but if it was me I’d take it to an independent and get them to change it as it’s fairly inexpensive £70-£80 if the dealer refuses. It would also be good to have a look underneath at all the steel parts to check for corrosion.

Edit: just looked at the dealer site and it looks like a base V6 model which has an open diff so doesn't seem to have the problems that the LSD and e-Diff equipped models have. 10 years or 160,000 miles is probably correct (but if it was me I’d still get it changed!)
356boy

Post by 356boy »

Just viewed the car, absolutely beautiful BUT, the 2 front calipers have been repainred red and not very well done, nearside front wheel wants refurbing and the rear manifold box has 2 pipes multiple welded around, these are the 2 going into the box, thaughts on this please, is there antone i could talk to about this.
My contact if someone would like to call me for a chat on these issues is 07753818272
Thanks
Matt
Lunar

Post by Lunar »

It looks like the owner wanted it to look like an S, with all those extras on it too, so he put an S badge on the front (but not the back) and painted the calipers himself.
Easy enough to add a rear badge or remove the front one or leave as is.
The standard grey calipers look poor quite early on in their life so you could get them professionally re-painted, or do it yourself with some VHT paint and Jaguar decals from ebay, as others have done.
Re. the exhaust, the welding on these is not the best looking - take a look at the photo in my linked thread above and compare to what you've seen.
It does look a striking car so if this is all you can find i wouldn't let it put you off - personally I would point out it has been "messed with" - although could have been lovingly attempted - and negotiate politely but hard ;)
MY14 "S" badged V6 Convertible in Lunar Grey metallic
Performance seats, Meridian, heated flat bottom wheel with aluminium paddles, heated front screen, cruise, dual zone climate, switchable active exhaust
Glaf

Post by Glaf »

356boy wrote: Tue Dec 01, 2020 9:48 am Just viewed the car, absolutely beautiful BUT, the 2 front calipers have been repainred red and not very well done, nearside front wheel wants refurbing and the rear manifold box has 2 pipes multiple welded around, these are the 2 going into the box, thaughts on this please, is there antone i could talk to about this.
My contact if someone would like to call me for a chat on these issues is 07753818272
Thanks
Matt

All the items you mention are relatively easy to fix but if it was me I’d insist they were corrected as a condition of the sale. Especially the exhaust which sounds as if it could be the most costly item to replace.

There can’t be that many people buying at this moment in time.... 😉
V6 Coupe, 2015, white with black pack, panoramic roof, 20" black Cylones, red callipers. 8-)
TVR Griffith 4.3, 1992, owned for 5 wonderful years.
356boy

Post by 356boy »

It has got the upgraded red calipers but it looks like a blind man painted them. They have a white S in the showroom and i checked the exhaust against that one, i am a fabricator so i know 100% its been rewelded on the exhaust, it was both sides of a fatter piece, would it be a sensor before the pipe enters the back box, both were welded, input very much appreciated
356boy

Post by 356boy »

There was also surface rust and flakey paint underneath, it was a Jaguar lease car so is this a bad thing

• You may also be interested in...
    Replies
    Views
    Last post