Updating maps

Anything F-Type related......
NBC fdff

Post by NBC fdff »

Happy New Year all! Looking for some advice please....my screen tells me map update available. When I go on the website it asks for model year ..for which I thought I was 2018 but it doesn't look same as mine but recognises my VIN correctly from my login?!
If I drop down to model 2017 year(I have physical short cut buttons down either side of the screen) it talks about updating via the sat nav SD card?
Can anybody help.
TIA

20210102_105332.jpg

20210102_105602.jpg

20210102_105622.jpg

2018 2.0 R Dynamic in Carpathian Grey
Exterior black pack, Pano roof, 20" Gyrodynes and other bits and bobs ....

Deleted User 1715

Post by Deleted User 1715 »

Hi Abdul, must be very frustrating!

Model year is determined by the 10th character of your VIN, my MY20 is ‘L’ - should be easy enough to google your 10th letter?

I think earlier systems had an SD card in the intersect console which held the nav data, later ones save the nav data to the internal hard drive using a USB stick. Hope you find a solution soon!

Edit- here's the table for Jag Model Years

MODEL YEAR.jpg

scm

Post by scm »

MY18 cars came with both the small and larger screen, depending, presumably, on build date. My MY18 was built in March 2017 and has the (IMO) nicer small screen with proper, functional, buttons. I hate using touch screens while driving, takes attention away from where it should be - the road ahead!

Also, AIUI (but am open to confirmation or denial), the downloads only work for Macs and Windows PCs so they're no use to me anyway. I don't want to hand over shedloads of cash just to find I can't download the files.
MY18 F-Type V8 R AWD in Glacier White
Lots of leather and toys, and loads of noise!
NBC fdff

Post by NBC fdff »

GusA wrote: Sat Jan 02, 2021 12:00 pm Hi Abdul, must be very frustrating!

Model year is determined by the 10th character of your VIN, my MY20 is ‘L’ - should be easy enough to google your 10th letter?

I think earlier systems had an SD card in the intersect console which held the nav data, later ones save the nav data to the internal hard drive using a USB stick. Hope you find a solution soon!

MODEL YEAR.jpg
Thanks GusA. I have now discovered I have a MY18 but the older interface with the physical buttons/shortcuts...thanks for that. Downloading the update...scheduled to take about 5 hrs + .....no idea how long to install!
NBC fdff

Post by NBC fdff »

scm wrote: Sat Jan 02, 2021 4:12 pm MY18 cars came with both the small and larger screen, depending, presumably, on build date. My MY18 was built in March 2017 and has the (IMO) nicer small screen with proper, functional, buttons. I hate using touch screens while driving, takes attention away from where it should be - the road ahead!

Also, AIUI (but am open to confirmation or denial), the downloads only work for Macs and Windows PCs so they're no use to me anyway. I don't want to hand over shedloads of cash just to find I can't download the files.
Hi SCM....the download was free as we're subscribed for 3 years anyway as part of the warranty/updates? ..I certainly didn't pay anything for the download :roll:
scm

Post by scm »

Abdul wrote: Sat Jan 02, 2021 6:03 pm Hi SCM....the download was free as we're subscribed for 3 years anyway as part of the warranty/updates? ..I certainly didn't pay anything for the download :roll:
Mine's outside the 3 year warranty so they wanted £89 for an update. Given how little I use the satnav, and the fact that I've never tried to find somewhere the map thinks doesn't exist, a paid update is not much use to me.
MY18 F-Type V8 R AWD in Glacier White
Lots of leather and toys, and loads of noise!
Deleted User 1715

Post by Deleted User 1715 »

Abdul wrote: Sat Jan 02, 2021 6:01 pm
GusA wrote: Sat Jan 02, 2021 12:00 pm Hi Abdul, must be very frustrating!

MODEL YEAR.jpg
Thanks GusA. I have now discovered I have a MY18 but the older interface with the physical buttons/shortcuts...thanks for that. Downloading the update...scheduled to take about 5 hrs + .....no idea how long to install!

Takes me around 5 hours to download to a USB on my home computer, but it only takes around 20-25 minutes to upload to my car, but upload times may vary with older systems? Good luck!

• You may also be interested in...
    Replies
    Views
    Last post