Buying an F Type R - Missing services

Anything F-Type related......
carboyben

Post by carboyben »

Didn't take too long actually, I found it and I've bought it :D

Lower mileage, much better looked after with full service history even though for the last 3 years it's only been doing 2k miles per year, slightly older (2015) but slightly cheaper and from a dealership that's distinctly non-slimey.

It's dark sapphire blue rather than firesand orange, but to be fair although firesand does look stunning I'm probably better off with something a little more discrete!

The only thing I would change about it might be the front grille surround to black rather than chrome. It's got black wheels but chrome window surrounds, side vents, and front. Windows and side vents look good with the blue body and black wheels, but the grille might need tweaking.

Now I have to wait until next week before it'll be ready to pick up... tum tum tum...

simpleR

Post by simpleR »

Congratulations and welcome.

The firesand one was AWD MY16. If this one is MY15 is it AWD or RWD?

Enjoy.
400 Sport AWD - MY18 - Black, pano roof and thats about it 8-)
cj10jeeper

Post by cj10jeeper »

carboyben wrote: Wed Jan 06, 2021 8:12 am Didn't take too long actually, I found it and I've bought it :D

Lower mileage, much better looked after with full service history even though for the last 3 years it's only been doing 2k miles per year, slightly older (2015) but slightly cheaper and from a dealership that's distinctly non-slimey.

It's dark sapphire blue rather than firesand orange, but to be fair although firesand does look stunning I'm probably better off with something a little more discrete!

The only thing I would change about it might be the front grille surround to black rather than chrome. It's got black wheels but chrome window surrounds, side vents, and front. Windows and side vents look good with the blue body and black wheels, but the grille might need tweaking.

Now I have to wait until next week before it'll be ready to pick up... tum tum tum...
Delighted for you and to your point didn't take long
Easy to see from your email that you're already happy you let the other one get away
A few folks have wrapped window trim and others either replaced grilles or wrapped them too. Side vents are a fairly easy clip in job, so overall not so difficult to change the look
2014 MY 3.0 V6S Roadster
Subtle enhancements to create the car I wanted from SVR nose cone, 400 series side skirts & customised 'design' rear bumper, to heated SVR steering wheel and more
mickjaguar

Post by mickjaguar »

If you are thinking about having your chrome wrapped, there's Sean from Xtreme signs Turner's Hill near Crawley which has done a few F types now, if this is any where near you.
2019 SVR Coupe, Velocity Blue
Previous 2015 V6 340 Coupe IRR
carboyben

Post by carboyben »

simpleR wrote: Wed Jan 06, 2021 9:16 am Congratulations and welcome.

The firesand one was AWD MY16. If this one is MY15 is it AWD or RWD?

Enjoy.
This one is also AWD - having stacked a similar but slightly less powerful RWD sportscar in the wet before, AWD was non-negotiable for me!

It's also originally a paragon fleet solutions car, but it did a more normal mileage while under their ownership and was properly serviced. Since then it's barely been used.
carboyben

Post by carboyben »

mickjaguar wrote: Wed Jan 06, 2021 10:20 am If you are thinking about having your chrome wrapped, there's Sean from Xtreme signs Turner's Hill near Crawley which has done a few F types now, if this is any where near you.
That's a good tip - crawley isn't too far from me (and an enjoyable backroad drive!) so I'll check them out. Cheers!
Deleted User 1715

Post by Deleted User 1715 »

Congrats on finding a good car, bet you’re glad the firesand one has gone!

The darker colours like sapphire blue look great with chrome, the lighter coloured cars suit the black pack (for me) but I’d second the wrap option as it’s generally cheaper and if you later decide you don’t like it it’s fairly easy to remove.
NavigatorNI

Post by NavigatorNI »

Enjoy, it will be a long few days for you until next week :lol:
V6S Coupé, RWD, MY16
Salsa Red
20" Turbine silver alloys
Lots of extras
Lots of noise
Lots of smiles :D :D :D
JamesOC

Post by JamesOC »

Congratulations!
Although I’m a bit biased, I think I these cars look great in blue 👍
MY20 R AWD Coupe, Portofino Blue
Previous: 2011 XK
carboyben

Post by carboyben »

NavigatorNI wrote: Wed Jan 06, 2021 4:09 pm Enjoy, it will be a long few days for you until next week :lol:
Yeah I keep checking in on the ad for it daily, I hope the dealership doesn't take it down :lol:

• You may also be interested in...
    Replies
    Views
    Last post