Vehicle trackers (F-Type & others!)

Anything F-Type related......
Toryboy

Post by Toryboy »

Howdy all,

Waiting to purchase my first F Type (2018 P380 8-) ) and keen to have a tracker fitted. I know there are many out of the market (I have some fitted to company mush cheaper vehicles). I am interested in other users experience and what is in use out there. Faraday box being purchased soon but want the additional option of being able to tear k it if some bugger actually does steal it, when I actually have the thing in my drive !

Thanks

Gordon
MY22 F-Type P450 R Dynamic in Firenze Red, Black Edition. A beautiful beast!

Cluck

Post by Cluck »

I spoke to Trackerfit, who asked a few questions about the sort of tracking I wanted and advised accordingly. If you want the most reliable and safest tracker then it will naturally cost more. I chose one that I could buy a lifetime subscription for, so I don't have to faff about with subscriptions and, in all honesty, I bought one because my insurer insisted on it.

As for 'day to day living with it', mine pings the mobile phone app within a few seconds of the car moving so I normally reverse a yard and then wait for the alert before going any further, to ensure I don't have to try and turn it off whilst on the move. The earlier versions of the app were quite annoying to use, I'll be honest and resulted in the tracking company calling me on a couple of occasions due to my misunderstanding of it - that's no bad thing though, it proved the service was working!
MY21 F-Type P450 R Dynamic in Portofino Blue, Black Exterior Pack, Performance Seats, Suede headlining (with Blur as support act)
Toryboy

Post by Toryboy »

Thanks, appreciate that. I'll check them out and see what costs look like, checking out insurance today!
Blakums

Post by Blakums »

I have a Vodaphone tracker fitted to my Mclaren. Costs just over £200 a year. Service and reliability is very good.
Apologies, I don’t have an F Type (I’ve had 2) butI still enjoy reading the threads. I’m also hoping one of you guys will give the ‘heads up’ on any new EV sports cars Jaguar may be bringing out!
Currently a McLaren 600LT Spider
Previously a Mc 570S Spider and an Ultra Blue SVR MY 19.5 with lots of goodies!
Er indoors has an MY21 Firenze red EPace HSE
Cluck

Post by Cluck »

From reading, it does appear that the Vodafone one is one of the better ones. It was the £200 a year that put me off, that and prior 'aggravation' with Vodafone. If money (or principles!) wasn't a factor then I would have gone for that one or the Tracker one that also uses VHF.
MY21 F-Type P450 R Dynamic in Portofino Blue, Black Exterior Pack, Performance Seats, Suede headlining (with Blur as support act)
PaulFinchley

Post by PaulFinchley »

Hi....am due to take delivery of a new P300 F Type convertible on Monday.....long wait over the weekend for my first Jaguar ever. Am trading in a Porsche boxer 718.... The porsche tracker is great..the Vodaphone unit is secured somewhere in the vehicle and a coin sized card is carried by the driver separately. It works fine and if the car is moved without the driver carrying the card then the owner is phoned by the control centre right away.
So my question is does the Jaguar F Type have a similar system? how does it work? Thanks for any replies.
Deleted User 1715

Post by Deleted User 1715 »

PaulFinchley wrote: Sat Jan 09, 2021 6:51 pm Hi....am due to take delivery of a new P300 F Type convertible on Monday.....long wait over the weekend for my first Jaguar ever. Am trading in a Porsche boxer 718.... The porsche tracker is great..the Vodaphone unit is secured somewhere in the vehicle and a coin sized card is carried by the driver separately. It works fine and if the car is moved without the driver carrying the card then the owner is phoned by the control centre right away.
So my question is does the Jaguar F Type have a similar system? how does it work? Thanks for any replies.
You don’t get a card but if the car is broken into or moved, or if the battery is disconnected (as I found out🙄) you get notified immediately and then telephoned to check on the status of your car.
Posidrive

Post by Posidrive »

Had mine for just over a day now and already getting worried about Essex’s finest trying to steal her. Previous owner had a P5 from TrackStar fitted and I’m twitching about whether or not I should reactivate their subscription. I’m offended by the £198 a year which is really dumb given the value of the car, but I’ve never had a tracker before so nothing to compare against.

Anyone have experience of TrackStar? Or in layman’s terms know what the difference between P5 and P7 is ?
2015 V6S AWD Convertible in British Racing Green
JohnG123

Post by JohnG123 »

Hi
I have a trackstar in my BMW X6M. I have the trackstar app on my phone that allows you to check vehicle location and it also records journeys you have completed. Not sure about P5 and P7. Unlike my Mclaren that is with Vodafone and has an ID tag I have on my person for every journey the Trackstar on my X6 has no such tag.
I have had no issues with either system.
Toryboy

Post by Toryboy »

Thanks all for suggestions. Picking up my 2019 P340 Carpathian gray with carbon and black packs on Wed. First foray into this world of proper cars so like an excited child 😁. I’ll have a look at trackstar...

• You may also be interested in...
    Replies
    Views
    Last post