F Type sounding question; V6 - V6S.

Anything F-Type related......
nwbLuke

Post by nwbLuke »

Hello everyone, how are you? I hope all is well.

I wanted to ask this thing; does an F Type v6 with active exhaust sound identical to an F Type V6S with the active exhaust? At the end of the day is the same engine boosted, or am I wrong? Thanks for the future answers!

DaddyDarren

Post by DaddyDarren »

S might win by a smidge, at higher RPM.

Once stopped in a lay-by to walk dog. As walking away down track I heard this amazing exhaust sound in distance. Honestly thought it could be Lamborghini etc. Then realised this thing was heading towards us. Turned round to see V6 Coupe fly past. Never heard one from outside. Glorious noise ๐Ÿ˜„๐Ÿ‘Œ
White 2014 V6 Coupe
OEM P7 Grill
VAP Lowering Springs
VAP 200 Cell Cats & Downpipes
VAP Pulley & Stage II 453 BHP Remap
Vorsteiner 21โ€ V-FF 103 Alloys
PB Brakes 8/6 Pot Drilled Big Brake Kit
Lunar

Post by Lunar »

Hi Luke and welcome :)

You won't notice the difference between a 340 / 380 / 400 ps car - other than a coupe v a topless convertible that is!

There are no mechanical differences, it is all done via ECU mapping - the 400 is a mapped 380 and the 340 is a restricted (mapped) 380.

The difference will be in a car that has had the drive-by engine management update or the newer models with the gpf fitted.

If you are currently looking to buy then I would say to just find the car spec. and age you want and then see if you like the engine sound.
MY14 "S" badged V6 Convertible in Lunar Grey metallic
Performance seats, Meridian, heated flat bottom wheel with aluminium paddles, heated front screen, cruise, dual zone climate, switchable active exhaust
nwbLuke

Post by nwbLuke »

Hey Lunar, thank you. So the sound with both active exhaust is identical?
Lunar

Post by Lunar »

Yes, V6 and V6S, no difference so you can concentrate on the one that suits you best.
MY14 "S" badged V6 Convertible in Lunar Grey metallic
Performance seats, Meridian, heated flat bottom wheel with aluminium paddles, heated front screen, cruise, dual zone climate, switchable active exhaust

• You may also be interested in...
    Replies
    Views
    Last post