To Cover or Not

Anything F-Type related......
scm

Post by scm »

RPSN wrote: Wed Jan 06, 2021 5:12 pm I normally use my second car when I go to the shops and keep the F-Type for more special journeys.
But all the journeys I do are special! ;)
RPSN wrote: Wed Jan 06, 2021 5:12 pm Can't believe that if it wasn't for your local shop run you'd never get to drive your car! :o
That's the curse of lockdown - I can't justify driving as a form of execise, even if it's good for my mental health (although it is a mental car!) :lol:
MY18 F-Type V8 R AWD in Glacier White
Lots of leather and toys, and loads of noise!

RPSN

Post by RPSN »

scm wrote: Wed Jan 06, 2021 7:18 pm
RPSN wrote: Wed Jan 06, 2021 5:12 pm I normally use my second car when I go to the shops and keep the F-Type for more special journeys.

Can't believe that if it wasn't for your local shop run you'd never get to drive your car! :o
But all the journeys I do are special! ;)

That's the curse of lockdown - I can't justify driving as a form of execise, even if it's good for my mental health (although it is a mental car!) :lol:

Some journeys are much more special than others though!.....particularly when there’s no strict lockdown rules ;)

As you never take the direct route home after your local shop run, be careful you don’t get stopped as you’ve said that under the curse of lockdown you can’t justify driving as a form of exercise......that definitely wouldn't be any good for your mental health :lol:

Returning to the topic "To Cover or Not", as the OP has a garage at his own home, but the car is being delivered to his partner's address where it will temporarily live on the driveway and be used occasionally until lockdown ends, I wouldn't bother covering it. Instead, I'd give it a good wash n wax now and again.

An outdoor cover can be a pain in the butt to get on/off and it could also do more harm than good to the car e.g. by causing small scratches to the paintwork etc.
2016MY V6S Coupe RWD Auto 380PS Supercharged
Rhodium Silver
Panoramic Glass Roof
Sports Seats (heated) in Jet Leather
Seat Memory Pack 2 (14x14 way)
Powered Tailgate (open & close)
Reverse Park Camera with Guidance
Front Parking Aid
Cluck

Post by Cluck »

I keep my car covered (with the Jaguar original cover) if I know I'm not going to be driving it for a week. That said, before the cover goes on I do wash the car and make sure it is as dry as possible before putting the cover on (I go to the extent of using a small blower, that I used to use to clean out PCs, to get the trickier areas a bit drier - the front grill, for example, is a pain to dry manually). If there's any dirt on the car, or it's slightly damp, the cover doesn't go on it.

I've had cats climbing over it, and what looked like a tactical bombing run from a flock of eagles on the car, so the more I can keep it covered the better. There's no room for a garage here, sadly.
MY21 F-Type P450 R Dynamic in Portofino Blue, Black Exterior Pack, Performance Seats, Suede headlining (with Blur as support act)
RPSN

Post by RPSN »

@Cluck

I’ve considered covering my own car on the driveway as I also don’t have a garage, but decided against it being that I drive it at least once or twice a week (unless it’s really gritty/salty on the roads like now). As you’ve explained, certain procedures should be followed before the cover goes on.

Funny you should mention cats climbing over your car......there’s a white fluffy cat in my street that’s taken a liking to the F-Type? Perhaps this is because it's a little cousin :)
2016MY V6S Coupe RWD Auto 380PS Supercharged
Rhodium Silver
Panoramic Glass Roof
Sports Seats (heated) in Jet Leather
Seat Memory Pack 2 (14x14 way)
Powered Tailgate (open & close)
Reverse Park Camera with Guidance
Front Parking Aid

• You may also be interested in...
    Replies
    Views
    Last post