Camera van on opposite carriageway

Anything F-Type related......
Malbec

Post by Malbec »

Just got a NIP.
When I checked the dashcam for the place I could see that I was caught by a van under a bridge on the opposite side of the A30 dual carriageway.
I think Waze told me it was there but since it was on the other side I stupidly didn’t check my speed. 85 so points I guess.
Straight clear road, I should have known better.

D96F1587-402D-46FE-8206-03663993CC7E.jpeg

17MY V6S AWD Coupé Ammonite grey.
UAD wireless CarPlay.

cj10jeeper

Post by cj10jeeper »

Annoying and nicely hidden van in the shadows
Lucky to be only in points territory
Last edited by cj10jeeper on Sat Jan 09, 2021 9:55 am, edited 1 time in total.
2014 MY 3.0 V6S Roadster
Subtle enhancements to create the car I wanted from SVR nose cone, 400 series side skirts & customised 'design' rear bumper, to heated SVR steering wheel and more
Malbec

Post by Malbec »

UAD wireless CarPlay.
cj10jeeper

Post by cj10jeeper »

Malbec wrote: Sat Jan 09, 2021 9:54 am85
Sorry - I had read properly and already edited
2014 MY 3.0 V6S Roadster
Subtle enhancements to create the car I wanted from SVR nose cone, 400 series side skirts & customised 'design' rear bumper, to heated SVR steering wheel and more
Deleted User 1715

Post by Deleted User 1715 »

Sunny clear and dry with very light traffic but it’s so easy to detect speeders now I just cruise at the limit. £60 and 3 points probably, and increased insurance costs for the next few years most likely. Police are now rolling out new detectors that work day and night up to 1500m from you, although calibrated to 750m and also able to defeat jammers apparently. It’s just not worth it anymore, and after the huge increase in speeding during the first lockdown I expect the police to be everywhere now. I went for a drive on 31 Dec and there were teams of hobby bobbies in every village I went through and a big team of Police in Salisbury.

I’d always thought vans on the opposite side wouldn’t be monitoring me but you’ve proved that wrong, sadly.
simpleR

Post by simpleR »

Yes, mobile camera vans can get you from other side of the road says RAC website. That's news to me though as I thought they pointed out the rear window not the front or side windows. So that might be 3 points and a small fine.

Now if it was me, I would be in defensive mode and I would be asking for, photos (to make sure central reservation is not in the way) and distance and calibration certificate of the equipment and training records of operator. But that's just me.
400 Sport AWD - MY18 - Black, pano roof and thats about it 8-)
Malbec

Post by Malbec »

I think they must have got me from the rear camera. The road was straight and clear both ways.
Anyway guilty as charged.
UAD wireless CarPlay.
basher

Post by basher »

I feel for you, having been caught after 1st lockdown (stupidly) doing 111 on the A3M. 6pts + £930 fine.

It's so difficult in these cars to not overdo it! I struggled on my xmas day 300 mile round trip for lunch to keep below 80 on motorways. Hmmm.
Rhodium silver F-Type 400 Sport AWD coupe.

PB Brakes big brake kit: drilled & slotted rotors, big yellow calipers. 😁
bob_mcn

Post by bob_mcn »

basher wrote: Sat Jan 09, 2021 12:37 pm I feel for you, having been caught after 1st lockdown (stupidly) doing 111 on the A3M. 6pts + £930 fine.

It's so difficult in these cars to not overdo it! I struggled on my xmas day 300 mile round trip for lunch to keep below 80 on motorways. Hmmm.
That's why i love the speed limiter function, set it at 75/78mph and stay on the safe side. :D I dont like the 'intelligent' speed limiter, as if you pass a roadworks section with a much reduced speed limit for the works vehicles, as i found out on the M62, :shock: the car reads it and sends all sorts of bells/bings/messages and reduces you speed accordingly, scary when in busy motorway traffic.
2021MY P300 1st edition Coupe, Eiger grey, with Climate, Privacy, and Tracker,
Previous: 2019MY XE 300 Sport {petrol) with lots of addons.
Previous: 2017MY XE 240 Portfolio (petrol) with a selection of addons.
Sir Jagalot

Post by Sir Jagalot »

There are guidlines that have to be followed regarding distance from the carriageway being measured, but the lesson learnt here is that they can clock you on both carriageways. 85 is just too high for a Zoom speed awareness course. Bad luck.

• You may also be interested in...
    Replies
    Views
    Last post