Anyone know this car

Anything F-Type related......
DiamondWright

Post by DiamondWright »

Hello all,
Looking at this as a potential buy, does anybody know the car or have any thoughts on it?

http://www.autotrader.co.uk/car-details ... obcid=soc3

Thanks
Nick

DaddyDarren

Post by DaddyDarren »

Beautiful car in the best colour πŸ˜„ & a nice specification πŸ‘

Very high mileage & 4 previous owners would put me off.

Priced to sell though πŸ‘ If you were wanting to scratch an itch for 18 months then sell on.

For a long term keeper. You could easily get one with half the miles. Perhaps pay a bit more but that’s the gamble. I know it comes with used trader warranty but get a few niggles.

If you did look at it. Take torch & magnifying glass. Go over every inch of bodywork, underneath, wheels, interior.
White 2014 V6 Coupe
OEM P7 Grill
VAP Lowering Springs
VAP 200 Cell Cats & Downpipes
VAP Pulley & Stage II 453 BHP Remap
Vorsteiner 21” V-FF 103 Alloys
PB Brakes 8/6 Pot Drilled Big Brake Kit
DiamondWright

Post by DiamondWright »

DaddyDarren the 4 owners is a bit of an eyebrow raiser for me however I assume these type of cars have a high turn over, there is a chap selling one on eBay at the minute that he has had for 2 months, when I asked him why he said it is too much for him as he is getting older and it's a bit of a handful. I have raid that is why after 2015 they are AWD as a lot ended up in ditches etc.
I change my cars at least once a year as I get bored and there as so many I want to experienxe so I suppose in a way I am contributing to the some many owners scenario. Drives the wife mad!
DaddyDarren

Post by DaddyDarren »

DiamondWright wrote: ↑Sun Jan 10, 2021 7:20 pm DaddyDarren the 4 owners is a bit of an eyebrow raiser for me however I assume these type of cars have a high turn over, there is a chap selling one on eBay at the minute that he has had for 2 months, when I asked him why he said it is too much for him as he is getting older and it's a bit of a handful. I have raid that is why after 2015 they are AWD as a lot ended up in ditches etc.
I change my cars at least once a year as I get bored and there as so many I want to experienxe so I suppose in a way I am contributing to the some many owners scenario. Drives the wife mad!

Good we are all different Nick. Most F-Type owners I know personally are long term keeper enthusiasts, with sunny weekend toys. That’s probably how I know them! Had mine, nearly, four years. It only goes to shows, meets & drives coffee shops πŸ˜„ Just love it to bits. Not many other cars that look & sound as good.

True though that some seem to end up as pass-arounds. As said though, a good price for a high spec V8 in a very popular colour with the good bits added. Will always be plenty of interest in it.

This forum is a great resource & sounding board for potential owners. Best of luck with your purchase πŸ‘
White 2014 V6 Coupe
OEM P7 Grill
VAP Lowering Springs
JurassicF

Post by JurassicF »

Is 49,000 miles on a 14 plate car high really high mileage? Around 8,000 per year! Some opinions are it's the low mileage weekend cars that tend to be more troublesome than regularly driven cars.
Looks pretty good to meπŸ‘πŸ‘
F-Type V6S convertible MY16
Glacier Pearlescent White
Red soft top
Red electric and heated sports seats
Black dash and door cards
Red belts
Flat bottom heated wheel
DiamondWright

Post by DiamondWright »

Thanks. Your car in sig block sounds amazing, I see you are in Nottingham, I'm only in Newark so hopefully when I find one and all this madness ends we can meet up for a coffee and a blast!
DiamondWright

Post by DiamondWright »

JurassicF I have just bid them on it so fingers crossed
cj10jeeper

Post by cj10jeeper »

JurassicF wrote: ↑Sun Jan 10, 2021 7:48 pm Is 49,000 miles on a 14 plate car high really high mileage? Around 8,000 per year! Some opinions are it's the low mileage weekend cars that tend to be more troublesome than regularly driven cars.
Looks pretty good to meπŸ‘πŸ‘
I'd agree that it's not high mileage at all. 8k/year is well below average mileage for a car (12k last time I looked) and this is a big V8 so built for mileage. For sure some will have much less on them, but they may not be any better and could be be subject to more low use problems and of course the price will be much higher. The linked car has sailed through every MOT with just a number plate bulb light out.

4 owners would make me want to check a little, but I could live with it for the saving
I'd buy on condition, not age, mileage, or owners for a 6 going on 7 year old car
My 14 plate has c55k on it, looks brand new and runs like a dream (and isn't for sale :) )
2014 MY 3.0 V6S Roadster
Subtle enhancements to create the car I wanted from SVR nose cone, 400 series side skirts & customised 'design' rear bumper, to heated SVR steering wheel and more
DiamondWright

Post by DiamondWright »

I know what you mean, I had a Vauxhall Vectra (showing my age!) company car many years ago and it ended up on 325,000 miles, never missed a beat to be fair.
DaddyDarren

Post by DaddyDarren »

DiamondWright wrote: ↑Sun Jan 10, 2021 7:50 pm Thanks. Your car in sig block sounds amazing, I see you are in Nottingham, I'm only in Newark so hopefully when I find one and all this madness ends we can meet up for a coffee and a blast!

Thank you Nick πŸ‘

That would be great. Up A46 & on into Lincolnshire is a favourite route πŸ˜„

Best of luck with your search & future purchase πŸ‘
White 2014 V6 Coupe
OEM P7 Grill
VAP Lowering Springs