Center Console Air Vent

Anything F-Type related......
Posidrive

Post by Posidrive »

Feeling a bit miffed, had the car 3 days and the first fault has appeared. Started her this morning and the center console air vent didn't quite raise fully and didn't retract when I turned her off. I have seen some comments on a US forum that they stick occasionally, is the reasonable or is it likely to be that the mechanism has completely failed? Could it be a fuse?
2015 V6S AWD Convertible in British Racing Green

Fez

Post by Fez »

A know problem, did you buy it privately. If not then return and let them sort. Phil.
Black AWD 400, sport
MY 18.5
Pan Roof
Heated front screen
Front parking sensors
Full spare
Posidrive

Post by Posidrive »

Fez wrote: Mon Jan 11, 2021 2:10 pm A know problem, did you buy it privately. If not then return and let them sort. Phil.
Its an approved used from a dealer, just not by local one. I presume it will fixed under the approved warranty although it looks dodgy claiming for a new fault 3 days after receiving the car, but it was definitely working.

Booked into my local dealer to be looked at next Monday
RPSN

Post by RPSN »

If you've only had the car for 3 days, take it back to where you bought it for them to sort it out or foot the bill.

If you don't get any joy have a look at this......
Dash Board Vent Repair - Jaguar F-Type.pdf
(1.5 MiB) Downloaded 254 times
2016MY V6S Coupe RWD Auto 380PS Supercharged
Rhodium Silver
Panoramic Glass Roof
Sports Seats (heated) in Jet Leather
Seat Memory Pack 2 (14x14 way)
Powered Tailgate (open & close)
Reverse Park Camera with Guidance
Front Parking Aid
Cluck

Post by Cluck »

Funnily enough, mine did this last week when it was very cold - first time I'd started the car for a week or so. I was going to try again when it was a bit warmer. If it's still not working properly then I'll be reporting it too - bear in mind, mine is not even 10 months old.
MY21 F-Type P450 R Dynamic in Portofino Blue, Black Exterior Pack, Performance Seats, Suede headlining (with Blur as support act)
Posidrive

Post by Posidrive »

RPSN wrote: Mon Jan 11, 2021 2:21 pm If you've only had the car for 3 days, take it back to where you bought it for them to sort it out or foot the bill.

If you don't get any joy have a look at this......
I it wasn't for this damn lockdown and its a 70 mile trip to the original dealer I would have been straight down there. But at the end of the day I don't care who fixes it as long as I don't have to pay and it is properly resolved. Nearest dealer is only 8 miles away.
Posidrive

Post by Posidrive »

Cluck wrote: Mon Jan 11, 2021 2:29 pm Funnily enough, mine did this last week when it was very cold - first time I'd started the car for a week or so. I was going to try again when it was a bit warmer. If it's still not working properly then I'll be reporting it too - bear in mind, mine is not even 10 months old.
Knowing my luck the car will have warmed up enough for it to move by the time I arrive at the dealer
scm

Post by scm »

Sounds like you have it set to always raise? I leave mine on auto, so it never raises during cold weather, and I know spring is on the way the first time pops up after winter! Hope you can get it resolved to your satisfaction.
MY18 F-Type V8 R AWD in Glacier White
Lots of leather and toys, and loads of noise!
Lunar

Post by Lunar »

The OP has a convertible, so the vent still rises for heat in cold weather - well certainly with the roof down.
MY14 "S" badged V6 Convertible in Lunar Grey metallic
Performance seats, Meridian, heated flat bottom wheel with aluminium paddles, heated front screen, cruise, dual zone climate, switchable active exhaust
scm

Post by scm »

Lunar wrote: Mon Jan 11, 2021 4:07 pm The OP has a convertible, so the vent still rises for heat in cold weather - well certainly with the roof down.
Ah, I sit corrected. ;) I'm pretty sure the vent only delivers cold air in my coupe.
MY18 F-Type V8 R AWD in Glacier White
Lots of leather and toys, and loads of noise!

• You may also be interested in...
    Replies
    Views
    Last post