Center Console Air Vent

Anything F-Type related......
Posidrive

Post by Posidrive »

scm wrote: Mon Jan 11, 2021 3:59 pm Sounds like you have it set to always raise? I leave mine on auto, so it never raises during cold weather, and I know spring is on the way the first time pops up after winter! Hope you can get it resolved to your satisfaction.
Yes, I did set it to always raise but it looks like it did not quite make it fully open this morning and according to the manual it should go back down when I switch off which it didn't do.

Pretty sure it will be resolved, just hope its not the start of a slippery slope
2015 V6S AWD Convertible in British Racing Green

RPSN

Post by RPSN »

Posidrive wrote: Mon Jan 11, 2021 3:34 pm
RPSN wrote: Mon Jan 11, 2021 2:21 pm If you've only had the car for 3 days, take it back to where you bought it for them to sort it out or foot the bill.

If you don't get any joy have a look at this......
I it wasn't for this damn lockdown and its a 70 mile trip to the original dealer I would have been straight down there. But at the end of the day I don't care who fixes it as long as I don't have to pay and it is properly resolved. Nearest dealer is only 8 miles away.

Due to the situation with lockdown, I wonder if the dealership that you bought it from could arrange something with your nearest dealer who is only 8 miles away? If not, it could be worth you contacting the Jaguar UK Customer Experience Centre to see if they can help.......
https://www.jaguar.co.uk/contact-us/index.html

Alternatively, if you need it fixed ASAP you could always have a go yourself by following the document I attached earlier......there again, why should you on a car you’ve owned for 3 days!
2016MY V6S Coupe RWD Auto 380PS Supercharged
Rhodium Silver
Panoramic Glass Roof
Sports Seats (heated) in Jet Leather
Seat Memory Pack 2 (14x14 way)
Powered Tailgate (open & close)
Reverse Park Camera with Guidance
Front Parking Aid
Elementad

Post by Elementad »

Don’t worry. I’ve had mine replaced before under warranty. It’s straight forward replace/fix with an improved component. Can’t remember how long but don’t think it took them long (30 mins or an hour perhaps).
It will work intermittently until you get it fixed.

I’d go through the place you bought it firstly.
F Type R AWD coupe
(Previous car) F Type V6S convertible
ninetails

Post by ninetails »

@ scm
I have a coupe and if the heating is in "auto" it works as you say, vent lifts automatically when cabin temp. is higher than what has been selected, and blows cold air to cool cabin down. If you want hot air to blow from the centre vent (and the upper side vents), with the climate system already switched on in "auto", select "climate" from home screen and then select "upper" vents and centre vent will rise and blow air at what ever temp you have set (hot or cold). I find this setting better in cold weather.
Last edited by ninetails on Mon Jan 11, 2021 6:26 pm, edited 1 time in total.
340 coupe auto 2016MY, ammonite/corris grey, red performance heated seats, pano roof, 20" turbine wheels, switchable active exhaust, front & rear parking sensors, rear camera.
scm

Post by scm »

ninetails wrote: Mon Jan 11, 2021 6:13 pm I have a coupe and if the heating is in "auto" it works as you say, vent lifts automatically when cabin temp. is higher than what has been selected, and blows cold air to cool cabin down. If you want hot air to blow from the centre vent (and the upper side vents) select "climate" from home screen and then select "upper" vents and centre vent will rise and blow air at what ever temp you have set (hot or cold). I find this setting better in cold weather.
Good tip. I've never really had the need to have warm air from the top - I just leave the climate in auto, seat and steering wheel heater on and away I go. After I'd remote started it for 5 minutes or so, of course!
MY18 F-Type V8 R AWD in Glacier White
Lots of leather and toys, and loads of noise!
ajac

Post by ajac »

RPSN wrote: Mon Jan 11, 2021 2:21 pm If you've only had the car for 3 days, take it back to where you bought it for them to sort it out or foot the bill.

I have to say that .pdf regarding the air vent fix is fantastic. thanks for posting!
2016 Salsa S
Range Rover TDV8
Range Rover Classic
Northnoble

Post by Northnoble »

The convertible centre vents don’t work in the winter.....and they get sluggish when the temp is in between! I got all excited about this last year, but by the time lockdown finished, temp had risen and all worked fine again!
Jaguar F-Type 5.0s Convertible - Italian Racing Red, Gloss black wheels and trim
Porsche Macan S
Ariel Atom 3 300
Diabolik

Post by Diabolik »

Woowwww!!

Thank you for sharing your first class technical PDF.

This is why we join good forums like this.
MY17 V6 Coupe S, Ultimate /Santorini Black, Panoramic Roof, 20" wheels
Lunar

Post by Lunar »

Yep, that .pdf from Alex is very useful - and actually the removal process is quite straightforward.

For the screws nearest the bottom of the screen you need a torx + small extension and 1/4" drive ratchet.

The disassembly of the hinges is a bit fiddly but no issues if you just take your time.

Additional to sanding the joints I used some ptfe spray into a saucer and then applied with a finger to all bearing surfaces and hinges.

...and 2 weeks later it's sticking again :roll:
MY14 "S" badged V6 Convertible in Lunar Grey metallic
Performance seats, Meridian, heated flat bottom wheel with aluminium paddles, heated front screen, cruise, dual zone climate, switchable active exhaust
Elementad

Post by Elementad »

I’m sure the warranty fix is a revised spring and/or other component. It’s a fairly big replacement section though (not just spring on its own as they showed me the part/s).
All I know is that mine used to get stuck half way in cold weather. Not good enough but to be fair it’s happened to a lot of people and they revised the problematic components.
F Type R AWD coupe
(Previous car) F Type V6S convertible

• You may also be interested in...
    Replies
    Views
    Last post