Passenger mirror auto dip

Anything F-Type related......
Tel

Post by Tel »

It 'should' remember the settings you last used when reversing if you saved them in any one of the user profiles.

Ensure it is 'ticked'/enabled in the car setup (on some models).
2016MY V8R IRR
ITG Maxogen Cold air intake kit
Billet OBD lock
Forged lightweight Blades
Full custom Xpel Ultimate PPF wrap
Piano Black badges
17mm MST Hubcentrics
Smarttop remote
Black exhaust tips
Porterfield RS-4 Carbon Kevlar pads
Mich PS4S's
+ more 💩

scm

Post by scm »

Tel wrote: Mon Feb 08, 2021 5:50 pm It 'should' remember the settings you last used when reversing if you saved them in any one of the user profiles.

Ensure it is 'ticked'/enabled in the car setup (on some models).
Depends on the MY, one of the US guys has an MY18 and his manual asserts that he can adjust and save the settting, but he can't. My manual actually states you can't save the setting.
MY18 F-Type V8 R AWD in Glacier White
Lots of leather and toys, and loads of noise!
Jaguandy

Post by Jaguandy »

If you don't have reverse mirror dipping, you could use one of the seat memories. Adjust the mirrors down and save as a second seat memory.
F-Type R Coupe Firenze (Italian Racing Red) AWD MY16
Geminii

Post by Geminii »

When I first reversed my MY14 F Type 6S as new, I was expecting to be able to set the auto tilt setting on the passenger door mirror as I had been able to on a previous BMW Z4. I was surprised that I could find no way to set this up although it was mentioned in the manual.
It turned out that the tilt 'memory' setting was retained by a memory chip in the memory seat system and if you did not have the 'optional' memory seats then you did not have auto tilting passenger door mirrors!
I thought the cost of memory seats was a tad too expensive for a memory chip that cost a few pence.
You live and learn.
scm

Post by scm »

Jaguandy wrote: Mon Feb 08, 2021 6:32 pm If you don't have reverse mirror dipping, you could use one of the seat memories. Adjust the mirrors down and save as a second seat memory.
I did that (well, third seat memory) but it's such a faff I've never bothered to use it. BTW, I do have reverse mirror dippng, but it's not adjustable and dips too low for my taste.
MY18 F-Type V8 R AWD in Glacier White
Lots of leather and toys, and loads of noise!

• You may also be interested in...
    Replies
    Views
    Last post