Passenger mirror auto dip

Anything F-Type related......
chanlon27

Post by chanlon27 »

Hi,
Trying to research some things prior to buying a used F Type.
Trying to get an answer around the passenger mirror dip function when reverse is engaged.

What options need to exist on the car to allow this?

I’m probably looking at non R/SVR models around 1 to 2 years old, in case that makes any difference.

Tried asking the question on a Facebook group but not really getting any answers.

Thanks in advance
Colin.

Jaguandy

Post by Jaguandy »

My left hand mirror dips in reverse, both mirrors move in when locked. I don't have the blind spot sensing. Hope this narrows it down a bit.
F-Type R Coupe Firenze (Italian Racing Red) AWD MY16
chanlon27

Post by chanlon27 »

Jaguandy wrote: Sun Feb 07, 2021 6:48 pm My left hand mirror dips in reverse, both mirrors move in when locked. I don't have the blind spot sensing. Hope this narrows it down a bit.
From your sig I see you drive an R.
As I said, I’m not looking at R’s, so it could well be standard on yours and optional on others.

I’ve heard muttering that memory seats are required but given there are so many types, 6 way, 12 way, 14 way etc, I am not sure.
scm

Post by scm »

The main thing I found that makes the auto dip next to useless is it dips way too low for me, and there's no way to set it any different. On my previous XKR you could adjust the autodip position and it'd remember it forever (or until the battery was disconnected) and I used it a lot. On the F-Type I don't use it at all - a useful feature with the usefulness removed, at least as far as my useage requirement is concerned.

As to whether the car you're interested in has the option, it'll be found under the Vehicle Setting menu - if it's there, you've got it!

Edit: I should point out that I believe it was adjustable on early model years but that feature was removed around MY17/18
MY18 F-Type V8 R AWD in Glacier White
Lots of leather and toys, and loads of noise!
chanlon27

Post by chanlon27 »

scm wrote: Sun Feb 07, 2021 7:08 pm As to whether the car you're interested in has the option, it'll be found under the Vehicle Setting menu - if it's there, you've got it!
Thanks. Are there any other ways of knowing if I can’t get to see the car?
Lunar

Post by Lunar »

I guess easiest is to ask them to video it for you.
Don’t have it but tend to pull forward at a slight angle before reversing towards the curb so I can judge the arc, with a small safety factor.
MY14 "S" badged V6 Convertible in Lunar Grey metallic
Performance seats, Meridian, heated flat bottom wheel with aluminium paddles, heated front screen, cruise, dual zone climate, switchable active exhaust
NavigatorNI

Post by NavigatorNI »

My V6S MY16, fitted with 14 way memory seats and electric folding mirrors, has this passenger mirror reverse auto-dip feature. In my case, it doesn't dip far enough so I find I use the guides on the reverse camera more than the mirror to judge the distance of the rear wheel from the kerb.
V6S Coupé, RWD, MY16
Salsa Red
20" Turbine silver alloys
Lots of extras
Lots of noise
Lots of smiles :D :D :D
scm

Post by scm »

NavigatorNI wrote: Sun Feb 07, 2021 9:34 pm My V6S MY16, fitted with 14 way memory seats and electric folding mirrors, has this passenger mirror reverse auto-dip feature. In my case, it doesn't dip far enough
As yours is an earlier model, have you tried adjusting it while in the reverse dip position and seeing if it remembers your setting? You may be luckier than me!
MY18 F-Type V8 R AWD in Glacier White
Lots of leather and toys, and loads of noise!
Deleted User 1715

Post by Deleted User 1715 »

scm wrote: Sun Feb 07, 2021 9:45 pm
NavigatorNI wrote: Sun Feb 07, 2021 9:34 pm My V6S MY16, fitted with 14 way memory seats and electric folding mirrors, has this passenger mirror reverse auto-dip feature. In my case, it doesn't dip far enough
As yours is an earlier model, have you tried adjusting it while in the reverse dip position and seeing if it remembers your setting? You may be luckier than me!
My MY20 has passenger side reverse dip and if you adjust it whilst in reverse gear then save it to the seat memory it holds it so it’s always just where I want it. Guess it’s something that’s changed several times during production....
jono_h

Post by jono_h »

Morning Colin!

As you can see from here and Facebook, it’s not an easy question to get an answer to.

The thing I would say is that having had reverse dip on my SLK it was a ‘Must Have’ on my F-Type. The car that I eventually bought had everything else I wanted except this - and to be honest I have quite happily lived without. The reversing camera and guidelines are good enough for parking.

• You may also be interested in...
    Replies
    Views
    Last post