F Type 400 Spoiler Change

Anything F-Type related......
Crad2020

Post by Crad2020 »

Hi All, hope you are well and staying safe.

I have a F Type 400 with a factory fitted fixed spoiler and whilst I quite like the look of it I do feel that it can spoil the simple yet beautiful lines of the car.

I have purchased a standard extending rear spoiler and button which I’m going to have a go at fitting this weekend.

My question is, will the extending wing just plug and play? Is the system active or will I need the local dealer to activate the system with a laptop?

Thanks for your help in advance.

Thanks

Fez

Post by Fez »

Hi, first question is do you see your car as a long term keeper? If yes then I am not convinced that you should change from factory spec, just my opinion.

Regarding the spoiler you ask a good question. You would like to think the wiring will be there and it is just a software reset. I am sure one of our forum experts will be able to help you.
Black AWD 400, sport
MY 18.5
Pan Roof
Heated front screen
Front parking sensors
Full spare
dbv6s

Post by dbv6s »

Fez wrote: Wed Mar 03, 2021 7:50 am Hi, first question is do you see your car as a long term keeper? If yes then I am not convinced that you should change from factory spec, just my opinion.
using this logic Is it not the opposite? Long term keeper - do what you want

In my opinion, changing from fixed wing to OEM deployable spoiler is like changing wheels - no issue at all
Should be a plug and play unit, make sure you get all the right motors etc, good luck
Crad2020

Post by Crad2020 »

Hi, yeah, it’s a long term keeper, only had it 3 months.
I tend to agree, the longer you keep it the more you can change. I will keep the original fixed wing so it can be put back on at any point, I believe it takes about an hour to swap it over.

I have already purchased the wing off an owner that had his swapped to a fixed wing when new. It includes all hardware, electrics, motor, button, etc for £250 which I thought was pretty good.

I’m hoping it’s plug and play!
Fez

Post by Fez »

I like to keep vehicles at factory spec, everyone has different views. That said will be interesting to see if it plug and play. Please keep us updated.
Black AWD 400, sport
MY 18.5
Pan Roof
Heated front screen
Front parking sensors
Full spare
RPSN

Post by RPSN »

Fez wrote: Wed Mar 03, 2021 7:00 pm I like to keep vehicles at factory spec, everyone has different views.

+1 for that.

The word 'Purist' springs to mind!
2016MY V6S Coupe RWD Auto 380PS Supercharged
Rhodium Silver
Panoramic Glass Roof
Sports Seats (heated) in Jet Leather
Seat Memory Pack 2 (14x14 way)
Powered Tailgate (open & close)
Reverse Park Camera with Guidance
Front Parking Aid
RPSN

Post by RPSN »

Crad2020 wrote: Tue Mar 02, 2021 11:20 pm I have a F Type 400 with a factory fitted fixed spoiler and whilst I quite like the look of it I do feel that it can spoil the simple yet beautiful lines of the car.

I have purchased a standard extending rear spoiler and button which I’m going to have a go at fitting this weekend.

Although I prefer to keep my cars at factory spec, I can understand why you want to replace the factory fitted fixed rear spoiler with the deployable one (vehicle aesthetics).

Great watching this in the rear view mirror when it automatically pops up at 70mph and retracts at 50mph (Coupe). I rarely use the manual switch.

As you’ve said......you’re keeping the original so it can be put back on at any time.

Hope you get it sorted without too much difficulty.
2016MY V6S Coupe RWD Auto 380PS Supercharged
Rhodium Silver
Panoramic Glass Roof
Sports Seats (heated) in Jet Leather
Seat Memory Pack 2 (14x14 way)
Powered Tailgate (open & close)
Reverse Park Camera with Guidance
Front Parking Aid

• You may also be interested in...
    Replies
    Views
    Last post