Maintenance F Type R 2016

Anything F-Type related......
Deleted User 1715

Post by Deleted User 1715 »

rjmlondon wrote: Sun Mar 07, 2021 4:25 pm Thanks again, im in qatar. I believe from what u have given as an over view its doable without having to keep relying on the dealer, although challenging. I was abit concerned if too high tech i would not be able to do much. I certainly will get the diagnostics kit plus the subscription for maintenance manual. Already have the swear box and patience of a saint so hope am good to go. Its done 45k mileage not sure when the next major service will be. I just like the car so much i really cant resist it.

I came back from Qatar almost a year ago (after 7 years) and there were quite a few F Types around West Bay and the dealer in Losail was selling a zero mile 2018 V8 R coupe for less than half price - was very tempted but driving out there was pretty miserable so waited til I got back! Enjoy the car and good luck with the maintenance.

rjmlondon

Post by rjmlondon »

GusA yes the price drops quick. I feel if i dont do it now i wont do if back in uk. Am sure i will be posting more as i get into it. Thanks
2015 F type R
Qatar
Polaris White
Carbon Fibre and black out
rjmlondon

Post by rjmlondon »

Another question, the dealer is stating 8,000 miles between service (oil change filter etc). Does this sound right? Also i assume its fully synthetic oil?
2015 F type R
Qatar
Polaris White
scm

Post by scm »

12,000 miles or annually, whichever occurs first. And the oil should meet JLR spec 51.5122.
MY18 F-Type V8 R AWD in Glacier White
Lots of leather and toys, and loads of noise!
Deleted User 1715

rjmlondon wrote: Thu Mar 11, 2021 6:27 pm Another question, the dealer is stating 8,000 miles between service (oil change filter etc). Does this sound right? Also i assume its fully synthetic oil?
I would get the oil changed at least every 8000 in Qatar due to the high dust level, you might also need to keep an eye on the battery and do more frequent air filter changes.
Tel

Post by Tel »

GusA wrote: Thu Mar 11, 2021 7:01 pm
rjmlondon wrote: Thu Mar 11, 2021 6:27 pm Another question, the dealer is stating 8,000 miles between service (oil change filter etc). Does this sound right? Also i assume its fully synthetic oil?
I would get the oil changed at least every 8000 in Qatar due to the high dust level, you might also need to keep an eye on the battery and do more frequent air filter changes.

+1

The paintwork on every Jag I saw in the UAE was swirled to hell with the sand/dust.

The JLR frequency for oil changes on differentials for example, is totally screwed up as we have seen - So I for one, don't follow their schedules for any oil. Mine is more frequent.

My car has 15K miles and has had 4 oil changes (plus 1 diff oil change at 12K) and would have had its 5th had it not been for C19.
All of which have been the unobtanium Castrol, with the exception of the last being Mobil 1 fully synth JLR 5.1 blah de blah.
A bit much you may say?...well, it's pennies compared to the parts and labour required for remedial work.

If in any doubt, a quick, cheap oil analysis can be done and if your'e a DIY'er as you say, then the challenge of researching and understanding the results are quite rewarding.
2016MY V8R IRR
ITG Maxogen Cold air intake kit
Billet OBD lock
Forged lightweight Blades
Full custom Xpel Ultimate PPF wrap
Piano Black badges
17mm MST Hubcentrics
Smarttop remote
Black exhaust tips
Porterfield RS-4 Carbon Kevlar pads
Mich PS4S's
+ more 💩
rjmlondon

Post by rjmlondon »

Thanks guys, appreciated. The swirls is on most cars i hv seen. The only resbite is this one is white and i can hardly see them. Ive taken ur comments on dust and frequent air filter cleans / changing. Engine and diff oil changes, i was questioning the intervals from the dealer as i didnt really agree with them and will do them at more frequent intervals myself as you have said. Well ive decided im going for it as i totally love the car and appreciate you guys insight. Will keep reading the forums to pick up more tips. Thanks again.
2015 F type R
Qatar
Polaris White
Deleted User 1715

rjmlondon wrote: Thu Mar 18, 2021 3:54 am Thanks guys, appreciated. The swirls is on most cars i hv seen. The only resbite is this one is white and i can hardly see them. Ive taken ur comments on dust and frequent air filter cleans / changing. Engine and diff oil changes, i was questioning the intervals from the dealer as i didnt really agree with them and will do them at more frequent intervals myself as you have said. Well ive decided im going for it as i totally love the car and appreciate you guys insight. Will keep reading the forums to pick up more tips. Thanks again.
There’s a good detailing company next to Dream Car Wash which is just behind the NW corner of Landmark Mall who’ll get rid of the swirls for you. Also loads of ppf companies that do good work. Then just avoid the Woqod car washes.

Enjoy!
rjmlondon

Post by rjmlondon »

Hi guys, again thanks for the advice, i now have it and couldnt be happier. Its a 2015 model and enjoying every minute driving it.
2015 F type R
Qatar
Polaris White
rjmlondon

Post by rjmlondon »

Hi
2016 F Type R - engine ticking noise when warmed up. Does not sound bad but wondering anyone have similar experience and if there are any checks to isolate the issue.
2015 F type R
Qatar
Polaris White

• You may also be interested in...
    Replies
    Views
    Last post