How to reset "service due" message on app

Anything F-Type related......
Fez

Post by Fez »

Evening, anyone know how to reset "service due soon" message on app. All is good with car. Any advice appreciated. Cheers.
Black AWD 400, sport
MY 18.5
Pan Roof
Heated front screen
Front parking sensors
Full spare

scm

Post by scm »

This worked for me (assuming the car is telling the app the service is due) ...

Turn on ignition (foot off brake so engine doesn't start)
Open the bonnet and the driver's door
Stand on the brake and throttle fully for 10 seconds
Turn off ignition
Close the bonnet
Turn on the ignition
Service indicator should be reset
MY18 F-Type V8 R AWD in Glacier White
Lots of leather and toys, and loads of noise!
Fez

Post by Fez »

Thanks for the info, not sure if the app is getting service info from car. I have no warning of service due in the car. That was rest last week when it was serviced.
Black AWD 400, sport
MY 18.5
Pan Roof
Heated front screen
Front parking sensors
Full spare
Fez

Post by Fez »

I will however give it a go, thanks for the info and will let you know if it works. Cheers
Black AWD 400, sport
MY 18.5
Pan Roof
Heated front screen
Front parking sensors
Full spare
Lunar

Post by Lunar »

After the 10 seconds you need to take your feet off the pedals, or the car will start when you go to turn off the ignition.
...ask me how I know πŸ™„
MY14 "S" badged V6 Convertible in Lunar Grey metallic
Performance seats, Meridian, heated flat bottom wheel with aluminium paddles, heated front screen, cruise, dual zone climate, switchable active exhaust
scm

Post by scm »

Lunar wrote: ↑Wed Mar 10, 2021 9:37 pm After the 10 seconds you need to take your feet off the pedals, or the car will start when you go to turn off the ignition.
...ask me how I know πŸ™„
D'oh! I assumed by stating "for 10 seconds" you'd know to remove your feet from the pedals after that time!

If you've just had the car serviced it's possible that they didn't fully reset anything - I had that on one service, my guy insisted he'd done the reset (and I believe him) but using the bonnet open feet on the pedals fixed it. The following year he did the same reset and it all worked fine.
MY18 F-Type V8 R AWD in Glacier White
Lots of leather and toys, and loads of noise!
Deleted User 1715

Post by Deleted User 1715 »

Fez wrote: ↑Wed Mar 10, 2021 7:17 pm Evening, anyone know how to reset "service due soon" message on app. All is good with car. Any advice appreciated. Cheers.
Have you checked the online service history to see if that shows correctly after your recent service? My car was serviced on Monday and they updated the OSH and the App updated on the same day.
Lunar

Post by Lunar »

scm wrote: ↑Wed Mar 10, 2021 11:15 pm If you've just had the car serviced it's possible that they didn't fully reset anything - I had that on one service, my guy insisted he'd done the reset (and I believe him) but using the bonnet open feet on the pedals fixed it. The following year he did the same reset and it all worked fine.
Yes, same with me - the Indy said he was sure it would have been reset and I believe him more than I believe the somewhat flaky Jag electronics :D
MY14 "S" badged V6 Convertible in Lunar Grey metallic
Performance seats, Meridian, heated flat bottom wheel with aluminium paddles, heated front screen, cruise, dual zone climate, switchable active exhaust
Fez

Post by Fez »

I can confirm the method SCM provided works for resetting service indicator on the app. Thank you for your help.
Black AWD 400, sport
MY 18.5
Pan Roof
Heated front screen
Front parking sensors
Full spare

• You may also be interested in...
    Replies
    Views
    Last post