Time to walk away?

Anything F-Type related......
Majordog

Post by Majordog »

Hi everyone and thanks for the info and suggestions above, all within range of my own thoughts. Popeye sorry to hear about those issues - but this is precisely the situation I don’t want to be in for the next few months with a back and forth. I can’t really fault the sales manager and the dealer ship because they’ve been communicative and honest and actually fairly proactive.
Interestingly a few things have developed today:
- after diagnostics etc they’ve concluded that it must be a software issue and have sent all technical data to JLR and are now awaiting a response from them tonight / tmrw.

As a back up plan there’s a V6S which is on a 15 plate (same colour but an auto sadly) however it does have fewer miles and meridian audio plus pano extra versus my manual: what is strange is that “mine” is a 64 plate MY16 and this one is a 15 plate MY15....

Ps I also was told the clutch and flywheel got replaced in 2017 so hoping that solves the earlier build issues on those manuals, and I asked about corrosion on brace struts they’ve said there is some corrosion but nothing to warrant replacement.....

As the replacement VS6 is in the 33k retail they’d have to come up with a hell of a deal for me because I’ve “only” spent £27.5k.....

simpleR

Post by simpleR »

A 64 plate MY16 would of been one of the earliest MY16 made.

A 15 plate MY15 would of been made in 2014 but not registered until later. So would of been sat somewhere or could of been an unregistered showroom car for example.

If you PM me the reg of the manual that is worrying you then I can look up the history if that helps.
400 Sport AWD - MY18 - Black
Majordog

Post by Majordog »

Latest update
We have an update for you on your current F-Type,

It would appear that the IPMB is corrupted and unrecoverable which we will be replacing and then retesting. We need to ensure the process for the replacement is followed correctly to enable us to re-assess. Once I have a firm answer you will be the first to know.

Not sure what this means?!!?!
simpleR

Post by simpleR »

Presumably the cabling or one of the motherboards.
I replied to your PM. Need more info.
stickshift steve

Post by stickshift steve »

We have the same thing with Daf trucks camera . If you put the computer on without telling it that it is the newer camera software ,it kills the camera which has an ecu in it.
Majordog

Post by Majordog »

Thanks SimpleR have sent through the VIN. I’d be less worried if the dealer themselves weren’t giving me the impression this is a bit of a lemon of a car and we will find out tmrw as a senior JLR technician is basically zooming in to dealer to work on the car together. I can’t believe the issue the rear camera software is causing!! If it doesn’t get fixed tmrw theyre wondering about just auctioning the car given the ongoing cost (if I don’t stick with it): this brings me to my next point, they’ve agreed to wipe 10% margin off a (better specced) alternative. V6s instead of V6, pano plus meridian plus same exterior interior colour. It does mean again dipping my hand in my pocket to bridge the gap on a car I haven’t even driven yet!!! But I realise the alternative offered to me is objectively a better car (although it isn’t a manual and that’s the thing I wanted most). Fewer miles and a year younger: thoughts welcomed!!!
Majordog

Post by Majordog »

Ps are f types always this much drama? I’ve never known such a strange position: I’ve paid £27500 for a car three weeks ago it appears will never get to me!! Unless the dealer is operating the greatest scam known to man on the promise of ever greater cars that never arrive as my bank balance shrinks.....
simpleR

Post by simpleR »

Majordog wrote: Wed Mar 31, 2021 8:27 pm Thanks SimpleR have sent through the VIN.
No PM received I'm afraid. Try again.
AJB2

Post by AJB2 »

I think this car could be a prototype Manual transmission. A 64 registered in 2016 is exactly the same as mine which turned out to be one. I couldn’t be happier with it as basically it was hand built with a lot of attention to detail. Could you find out how much a years road tax is please? This will be a big clue. If it is a prototype, I’d stick with it or give me the details please so I can buy it...😂
Majordog

Post by Majordog »

Hi AJB2 yes it is £270 for the year which is less VED than normal

• You may also be interested in...
    Replies
    Views
    Last post