Active Exhaust Question

Anything F-Type related......
Mr.Tea

Post by Mr.Tea »

Hi everyone. I'm in the process of buying myself a 2016 F-type. Test drive is next friday now that the lockdown has been slackened.

I have a question in regards to the exhaust; The car i'm looking at buying doesn't have the switch for the active exhaust sadly (why they wouldn't add it I have no idea) but my understanding is that all of the cars have an active exhaust system fitted which is activated by using the Dynamic Mode if the switch purely for the exhaust isn't there.

Is this correct? Do all the cars have an active exhaust fitted but the switch was an optional extra only on the base F-type? The listing for the car only says "twin exhaust pipe" with no mention of an active exhaust however i've seen listings for the exact same car and it does have the active exhaust listed with no switch installed.

Very strange.

RPSN

Post by RPSN »

On the base 2016 F-Type, the active sports exhaust is standard and the switchable active sports exhaust was an option.

On the F-Type S and R, the switchable active sports exhaust is standard.
2016MY V6S Coupe RWD Auto 380PS Supercharged
Rhodium Silver
Panoramic Glass Roof
Sports Seats (heated) in Jet Leather
Seat Memory Pack 2 (14x14 way)
Powered Tailgate (open & close)
Reverse Park Camera with Guidance
Front Parking Aid
Mr.Tea

Post by Mr.Tea »

RPSN wrote: Sat Apr 10, 2021 2:28 pm On the base 2016 F-Type, the active sports exhaust is standard and the switchable active sports exhaust was an option.

On the F-Type S and R, the switchable active sports exhaust is standard.

Excellent. Thanks for the quick reply.

Is there a viable workaround or mod to have the active exhaust valves open at all times?
RPSN

Post by RPSN »

Apparently, if you remove fuse number 43 the exhaust valves are open all the time.

Hope you've got understanding neighbours though!
Rhodium Silver
Panoramic Glass Roof
Front Parking Aid
mickjaguar

Post by mickjaguar »

I seem to remember there was a changeover in spec around early 2015. The V6 active exhaust was a £1500 option on early cars (non valved was standard). I think this changed in 2015 for the MY16 cars which all received an active exhaust (the button was a £250 option when I ordered mine new). When initially looking, there was a mixture of second hand 15 plate cars for sale, some with and some without the.active exhaust depending on when they had been built
2019 SVR Coupe, Velocity Blue
Previous 2015 V6 340 Coupe IRR
Mr.Tea

Post by Mr.Tea »

RPSN wrote: Sat Apr 10, 2021 2:39 pm Apparently, if you remove fuse number 43 the exhaust valves are open all the time.

It's going to be a lot quieter than the car I own currently as that's running a non-resonated full 3" cobra sport exhaust :)

Thanks for the help.
mickjaguar wrote: Sat Apr 10, 2021 2:44 pm I seem to remember there was a changeover in spec around early 2015. The V6 active exhaust was a £1500 option on early cars (non valved was standard). I think this changed in 2015 for the MY16 cars which all received an active exhaust (the button was a £250 option when I ordered mine new). When initially looking, there was a mixture of second hand 15 plate cars for sale, some with and some without the.active exhaust depending on when they had been built

Thanks for the information. Good to know i've got the active exhaust even if I am missing the button. It feels like it should be an easy retrofit if jaguar offered it.
RPSN

Post by RPSN »

Mr.Tea wrote: Sat Apr 10, 2021 2:49 pm
RPSN wrote: Sat Apr 10, 2021 2:39 pm Apparently, if you remove fuse number 43 the exhaust valves are open all the time.

It's going to be a lot quieter than the car I own currently as that's running a non-resonated full 3" cobra sport exhaust :)

Thanks for the help.

I’m not sure how much quieter it would be?......My car gives a good roar on start up!

With regards to the active exhaust and fuse number 43, have a look at this viewtopic.php?f=21&t=4120
Rhodium Silver
Panoramic Glass Roof
Front Parking Aid
Mr.Tea

Post by Mr.Tea »

RPSN wrote: Sat Apr 10, 2021 3:06 pm
Mr.Tea wrote: Sat Apr 10, 2021 2:49 pm

Thanks for the help.

I’m not sure how much quieter it would be?......My car gives a good roar on start up!

With regards to the active exhaust and fuse number 43, have a look at this viewtopic.php?f=21&t=4120

Thanks for the link. I didn't think the cars were that loud to be honest, I'll have to check it out when I get to my test drive.

Again, thanks for the help.
RPSN

Post by RPSN »

Mr.Tea wrote: Sat Apr 10, 2021 3:23 pm Thanks for the link. I didn't think the cars were that loud to be honest, I'll have to check it out when I get to my test drive.

👍

2015 Jaguar F-Type V6 Coupe (340hp) - DRIVE & SOUND.

Pump up the volume....... :D

Last edited by RPSN on Sat Apr 10, 2021 4:10 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Rhodium Silver
Panoramic Glass Roof
Front Parking Aid
Mr.Tea

Post by Mr.Tea »

RPSN wrote: Sat Apr 10, 2021 3:41 pm
Mr.Tea wrote: Sat Apr 10, 2021 3:23 pm Thanks for the link. I didn't think the cars were that loud to be honest, I'll have to check it out when I get to my test drive.

Again, thanks for the help.

👍

2015 Jaguar F-Type V6 Coupe (340hp) - DRIVE & SOUND.

Pump up the volume....... :D

Quality video. Sounds unreal. Can't wait to get into one.

• You may also be interested in...
    Replies
    Views
    Last post