Security recommendations

Anything F-Type related......
CJSJAG

Post by CJSJAG »

For some reason the Amazon item did not post. I will try again.
2021 R-Dynamic P380 Convertible BRG

CJSJAG

Post by CJSJAG »

Sorry, guys, I guess this Forum does not permit listing an Amazon site.
So the item I was trying to make you aware of is called:
Solar Strobe Light with Motion Detector Solar Alarm Light with Remote Controller 129db Sound Security Siren Light IP65 Waterproof 24 Hours+Night Mode for Home, Farm,Barn,Villa,Yard.
Listed on Amazon.co.uk for 22 GBP.
CJSJAG

Post by CJSJAG »

I keep trying to post the info but keep getting blocked for no obvious reason.
Here is the suggested security item as listed on Amazon.co.uk for about 22 pounds:

Solar Strobe Light with Motion Detector Solar Alarm Light with Remote Controller 129db Sound Security Siren Light IP65 Waterproof 24 Hours+Night Mode for Home, Farm,Barn,Villa,Yard.
bob_mcn

Post by bob_mcn »

Mr.Tea wrote: Sat Apr 17, 2021 1:24 pm
Just fitted my stoplok pro (not the elite) and the hasp/arms aren't big enough to fit over the "spokes" of the steering wheel, they're just a little bit too small so i've arranged it where the yellow arm/bar is blocked by the center console and it has extremely limited movement turning the wheel one way. I might just refund it and get the pro elite if it fits over the spokes of the wheel as the arms are apparently bigger. Any chance you can show me how you've got yours setup?

Sorry its not the 'Stoplok' I had that on the XE, but not so good in the F type, its a 'Disklok' it covers the steering wheel and has a stickyout bit I put across the seat to make it difficult to get in or get to the lock as its upside down.

20210225_191613.jpg

2021MY P300 1st edition Coupe, Eiger grey, with Climate, Privacy, and Tracker,
Previous: 2019MY XE 300 Sport {petrol) with lots of addons.
Previous: 2017MY XE 240 Portfolio (petrol) with a selection of addons.
Mr.Tea

Post by Mr.Tea »

bob_mcn wrote: Sat Apr 17, 2021 4:15 pm
Mr.Tea wrote: Sat Apr 17, 2021 1:24 pm
Just fitted my stoplok pro (not the elite) and the hasp/arms aren't big enough to fit over the "spokes" of the steering wheel, they're just a little bit too small so i've arranged it where the yellow arm/bar is blocked by the center console and it has extremely limited movement turning the wheel one way. I might just refund it and get the pro elite if it fits over the spokes of the wheel as the arms are apparently bigger. Any chance you can show me how you've got yours setup?

Sorry its not the 'Stoplok' I had that on the XE, but not so good in the F type, its a 'Disklok' it covers the steering wheel and has a stickyout bit I put across the seat to make it difficult to get in or get to the lock as its upside down.

Okay, thanks for the info. My current Stoplok doesn't fit over the "spoke" of the wheel as i'd like but i've arranged it well enough so there's barely any movement when turning right as it hits the center console. You can get some left turn but then it's gonna hit your legs or the seat. It's mostly a visual deterrent and to slow people down if they break in. I'm going to arrange for the Ghost 2 immobiliser to be fitted after payday too so I can have, more or less, complete peace of mind.
Mikew133

Post by Mikew133 »

Video doorbell/security camera covering the car and good lighting would be a good place to start. I have the Autowatch Ghost 2 installed in my F Type and can thoroughly recommend it. It’s very simple to enter the unlock code using the shift paddles, as long as you remember each time you get in 😄
Volley

Post by Volley »

Stoplock Pro has just won auto express group test, I managed to pick one up for a good price at the Aldi.
MY21 First Edition R-Dynamic P450
5l V8 RWD
Eiger Grey

• You may also be interested in...
    Replies
    Views
    Last post