Doors only unlocking with fob....

Anything F-Type related......
Majordog

Post by Majordog »

Hi all, my V6S dark metallic sapphire finally arrived yesterday after five weeks. Auto, pano, all the toys and wow what great fun when you use your right foot!!
Did I read somewhere that the doors should open by approaching with the key and pressing the door handle button? Mine definitely doesn’t - only works with the fob unlock button. Is there a “door locking” setting that I’m missing on the menu screen somewhere?
Many thanks

Majordog

Post by Majordog »

Also one other issue - I can’t seem to play music from my phone even thought it’s clearly connected via Bluetooth/ when it says connect iPod does it mean I literally have to have it plugged in to the usb?
simpleR

Post by simpleR »

Don't know your MY but keyless entry was an option. Keyless start included. Does yours have keyless entry?

Bluetooth music works on MY18, can see no reason why it wouldn't work on early models.
400 Sport AWD - MY18 - Black, pano roof and thats about it 8-)
RPSN

Post by RPSN »

@Majordog: To determine whether or not you have keyless entry, does your door handle look like the top or bottom photo?

The top photo is keyless entry and has an actual button on the handle.

The bottom photo is non-keyless entry and has an indentation on the handle.....

viewtopic.php?f=21&t=4463&start=20#p43962

If your car definitely has keyless entry and you want to enable or disable it, have a look at this.....

viewtopic.php?f=21&t=4463&start=20#p43961

With regards to playing music, my mobile phone is ancient so I've downloaded some albums and tracks onto a USB stick which is plugged into the car USB connection (under the centre console armrest).

1.jpg

2.JPG

2016MY V6S Coupe RWD Auto 380PS Supercharged
Rhodium Silver
Panoramic Glass Roof
Sports Seats (heated) in Jet Leather
Seat Memory Pack 2 (14x14 way)
Powered Tailgate (open & close)
Reverse Park Camera with Guidance
Front Parking Aid
scm

Post by scm »

When I picked up my 1 year old used F-Type the driver's door wouldn't unlock on the door press. The sales guy always used the fob to open the car, whereas in my previous XKR i'd got used to using the door handle . They changed a module in the door to fix it.
MY18 F-Type V8 R AWD in Glacier White
Lots of leather and toys, and loads of noise!
Majordog

Post by Majordog »

Thanks everyone. So I’ve definitely got the indent not the button but on my spec list (MY15) it does say keyless entry....
I’ve sorted the Bluetooth, there was a Bluetooth off setting I found.
Finally I have configurable ambient lighting in the spec sheet and in the car menu, but it just says on or off you can’t actually configure it as the menu options don’t work...
scm

Post by scm »

Does your spec sheet say "Ambient Lighting-Configurable"?
RPSN

Post by RPSN »

Majordog wrote: Sat Apr 17, 2021 6:30 pm So I’ve definitely got the indent not the button but on my spec list (MY15) it does say keyless entry....

Although my car doesn’t have Keyless entry, I have a ‘spec check’ list from ‘cap hpi’ which says ‘Jaguar Smart Key System with Keyless start and Keyless entry. Price £450.’ This is why I originally thought it was included.

I also have a copy of the JLR TOPIx '112 Minor Features' list for the vehicle which shows ‘Keyless start’ but there is no mention of ‘Keyless entry’ anywhere?

Not complaining though! :D
2016MY V6S Coupe RWD Auto 380PS Supercharged
Rhodium Silver
Panoramic Glass Roof
Sports Seats (heated) in Jet Leather
Seat Memory Pack 2 (14x14 way)
Powered Tailgate (open & close)
Reverse Park Camera with Guidance
Front Parking Aid
Majordog

Post by Majordog »

Have figured out the ambient lighting too....you can’t configure it in dynamic mode (red only!!!) but if you’re in normal mode it will let you configure it (as definitely had it on the spec sheet!)
Unless there’s a menu setting for door locking that I can’t find I think I’ll leave the keyless entry thing - not the end of the world and as some have said perhaps one less security thing to worry about.
scm

Post by scm »

I think the only menu setting for door locking is for drive-away locking.