F Type stolen - owners beware review your security

Anything F-Type related......
Tel

Post by Tel »

Can you imagine that...no foldy out mirrors...now that's enough to slow any determined thief down when reversing off your drive 😁
2016MY V8R IRR
ITG Maxogen Cold air intake kit
Billet OBD lock
Forged lightweight Blades
Full custom Xpel Ultimate PPF wrap
Piano Black badges
17mm MST Hubcentrics
Smarttop remote
Black exhaust tips
Porterfield RS-4 Carbon Kevlar pads
Mich PS4S's
+ more 💩

RPSN

Post by RPSN »

Tel wrote: Tue Apr 27, 2021 1:02 pm Can you imagine that...no foldy out mirrors...now that's enough to slow any determined thief down when reversing off your drive 😁

Lol......unless the car has Reverse Park Camera with Guidance :lol:
2016MY V6S Coupe RWD Auto 380PS Supercharged
Rhodium Silver
Panoramic Glass Roof
Sports Seats (heated) in Jet Leather
Seat Memory Pack 2 (14x14 way)
Powered Tailgate (open & close)
Reverse Park Camera with Guidance
Front Parking Aid
Hammers

Post by Hammers »

That is why I know mine won’t be stolen. Didn’t get the optional vanity mirrors on the sun visor. How would they check their hair before driving off 😂
Current: Fuji White MY19.5 P300 R-Dynamic F-Type Convertible 20" Black wheels, Exterior Black Pack, Windsor Leather performance Seats etc.
Previous: Italian Racing Red MY17 Jaguar XE 25t R-Sport, Black Pack, 19" black venom wheels, sunroof etc.
Jaguandy

Post by Jaguandy »

I don't understand the stuff about the mirrors and Ghost. Could you explain please?
F-Type R Coupe Firenze (Italian Racing Red) AWD MY16
RPSN

Post by RPSN »

Jaguandy wrote: Tue Apr 27, 2021 11:56 pm I don't understand the stuff about the mirrors and Ghost. Could you explain please?

To give you a better understanding, have a read through this......https://www.gtr.co.uk/threads/auto-watc ... st-5607881

Member 'Takamo' is the Ghost approved installer and this is one of his final comments which should reassure those who've had the Ghost fitted to the high standard like its meant to be.....

"Ok some further updates, I together with two of Autowatch's guys, tech and programmer carried out some experiments on my Gtr and I'm even more pleased to say that no matter what method of hack we tried it didn't Override it at all, we even crashed the can and it made no difference. The product does exactly what it says on the tin. Hope this helps and puts your minds at rest guys."
Last edited by RPSN on Wed Apr 28, 2021 12:41 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Rhodium Silver
Panoramic Glass Roof
Front Parking Aid
Philskill

Post by Philskill »

I would hazard a guess that if the CAN bus goes into the Mirrors, then the thieves can get access into the car network without unlocking the car. I guess if Ghost was installed on this CAN bus Thieves can get access to Ghost, hence the proper installation must be performed where that is not possible.
MY19 Carpathian Grey R-Dynamic P300, Black pack in and out, 12 way Memory seats, Climate Pack, Park assist, Meridian Surround, switchable exhaust.
RPSN

Post by RPSN »

Philskill wrote: Wed Apr 28, 2021 9:42 am I would hazard a guess that if the CAN bus goes into the Mirrors, then the thieves can get access into the car network without unlocking the car. I guess if Ghost was installed on this CAN bus Thieves can get access to Ghost, hence the proper installation must be performed where that is not possible.

In a nutshell that sums it up, although the issue may only apply to some vehicles?

This is why the Ghost approved installer said......."Firstly If you crash the can system on any vehicle the car ain't going to start because it won't recognise the key immobiliser system so that's ruled out, secondly most cars have more than one can system and if you know what you are doing you will choose the one which will not allow the outer mirrors to be part of that system, thirdly the ghost system doesn't have a fuse to pull out."

The subject is explained in more detail in the link but I didn’t want to post it on this forum for obvious reasons.
Rhodium Silver
Panoramic Glass Roof
Front Parking Aid
Philskill

Post by Philskill »

My Evoque does not have a CAN bus to the Mirrors, and for something this I'd expect a manufacturer to use a local LIN not network CAN generally, but I guess from the Ghost conversation some manufacturers do! :roll:
MY19 Carpathian Grey R-Dynamic P300, Black pack in and out, 12 way Memory seats, Climate Pack, Park assist, Meridian Surround, switchable exhaust.
RPSN

Post by RPSN »

Philskill wrote: Wed Apr 28, 2021 4:44 pm My Evoque does not have a CAN bus to the Mirrors, and for something this I'd expect a manufacturer to use a local LIN not network CAN generally, but I guess from the Ghost conversation some manufacturers do! :roll:

I’ve assumed the F-Type wing mirrors maybe controlled via the CAN bus system because it seems to apply to the turn signal indicators on the mirrors as stated in TOPIx?......

“The exterior lighting is controlled by the Central Junction Box (CJB). The CJB controls the following vehicle functions:
Control and monitoring of exterior lamps including turn signal indicators and hazard warning lamp functionality.
Monitoring and evaluation of check control inputs from other system control modules and output of applicable messages in the Instrument Cluster (IC) message center.
The CJB is connected to the MS (Medium Speed) and HS (High Speed) CAN (Controller Area Network) buses. The CJB contains a microprocessor which performs the control, monitoring and evaluation of functions.”

Perhaps someone could clarify?
Rhodium Silver
Panoramic Glass Roof
Front Parking Aid
Philskill

Post by Philskill »

Anyone have the Wiring diagrams?

• You may also be interested in...
    Replies
    Views
    Last post