Getting a warranty from JLR

Anything F-Type related......
CPBLondon

Post by CPBLondon »

Team
Looking at purchasing 2016 F Type with 6k and no warranty. In view of low mileage would welcome the comfort of a Jaguar service plan and warranty
I have the service plan to carry over but what would the process be to get Jaguar warranty? Is it a basic approach to Jaguar and they examine the car before agreeing a warranty or is it not that simple?

If Jaguar are not able to give a warranty are independents or the RAC sponsors on this site worth approaching.....
Anyone have experience of this ?
F Type S 380
Polaris White
Red interior/pan roof
Black pack
drive the dream !

CJSJAG

Post by CJSJAG »

If the warranty has completely expired this will not help, and you may be forced to purchase from a third party rather than JLR.

Jaguar Extended Warranty Summary
The Jaguar Vehicle Protection Plan covers almost everything that the factory limited warranty covers. Drivers are required to purchase the plan before the factory warranty is within 30 days and 1,000 miles of expiring. The plan carries a $100 deductible for dealership repairs and a $250 deductible for out-of-network repairs.

Jaguar Extended Warranty Details
New Vehicle EliteCare 5 years/60,000 miles
Jaguar Extended Warranty Must be purchased within 1,000 miles or 30 days of EliteCare expiration
2021 R-Dynamic P380 Convertible BRG
Quiet man

Post by Quiet man »

Just to let you no my car was a 15 plate didn't get offered a JLR warranty they offered me the rac platinum, I had to buy it. That was listers Honda, however lister do have a jaguar dealership so not sure why I did not get offered a JLR warranty unless it had lapsed.
White V6S, red interior. Black 20inch alloy wheels.
simpleR

Post by simpleR »

Any Jaguar Used Approved on used.jaguar.co.uk has completed a Jaguar 165 inspection and comes with the Jaguar 1yr warranty which can then be kept going.

It used to be 2yrs and you can still "request" that with your negotiating skills. Along with a couple of free services as well if they won't budge on used prices.

Yes I know the 165 point inspection can be more like a 1 point inspection from some slack dealers!
So check closely like you would do anyway.

Only Jaguar used approved program has the ability to add a Jaguar used warranty. (Even if it has previously lapsed).

If the car is purchased outside of Jaguar used approved then a Jaguar warranty cannot be added.

If the car has a remaining Jaguar warranty running then the seller can transfer the remaining warranty to the buyer who can then continue it on.
400 Sport AWD - MY18 - Black
CPBLondon

Post by CPBLondon »

simpleR wrote: Sun Apr 25, 2021 8:03 pm Any Jaguar Used Approved on used.jaguar.co.uk has completed a Jaguar 165 inspection and comes with the Jaguar 1yr warranty which can then be kept going.

It used to be 2yrs and you can still "request" that with your negotiating skills. Along with a couple of free services as well if they won't budge on used prices.

Yes I know the 165 point inspection can be more like a 1 point inspection from some slack dealers!
So check closely like you would do anyway.

Only Jaguar used approved program has the ability to add a Jaguar used warranty. (Even if it has previously lapsed).

If the car is purchased outside of Jaguar used approved then a Jaguar warranty cannot be added.

If the car has a remaining Jaguar warranty running then the seller can transfer the remaining warranty to the buyer who can then continue it on.
Good to know - thank you.
The seller has a warranty that has now lapsed - so am guessing the only option is something similar to the RAC warranty. I still have the service plan so maybe as the warranty will not be a Jaguar one I could take the servicing to an independent? I would feel more comfortable if both were with a Jaguar but if they have no flexibility on this then I may need to make friends with local Indy ?
F Type S 380
Polaris White
Red interior/pan roof
Black pack
drive the dream !
scm

Post by scm »

IMO a decent local independent will serve you better than a main dealer - indies have to earn your custom and they' listen to your needs, possibly more so than a main dealer who will service strictly acording to the schedule and fix things by swapping parts at your expense. And an indy's labour rates will likely be much lower than a main dealer - they don't have big, expensive premises to fund! You may have to provide your own "free" coffee, of course. ;)
Last edited by scm on Mon Apr 26, 2021 10:06 am, edited 1 time in total.
MY18 F-Type V8 R AWD in Glacier White
Lots of leather and toys, and loads of noise!
gasgas

Post by gasgas »

fully agree with scm
Stuno1

Post by Stuno1 »

I am surprised by this. With Lexus, even if a vehicle was out of warranty, as long as it had FMDSH it could be inspected by Lexus and a Lexus extended warranty would offered.
jono_h

Post by jono_h »

I’m sure that a couple UK owners on the Facebook F-Type owners club have managed to get back into a Jag Warranty after having a 165 point check done.

It may be a case that the T&C’s say it can’t be done, but a friendly Dealer will do it.
catsandtrees

Post by catsandtrees »

CPBLondon wrote: Sun Apr 25, 2021 1:11 pm Team
Looking at purchasing 2016 F Type with 6k and no warranty. In view of low mileage would welcome the comfort of a Jaguar service plan and warranty
I have the service plan to carry over but what would the process be to get Jaguar warranty? Is it a basic approach to Jaguar and they examine the car before agreeing a warranty or is it not that simple?

If Jaguar are not able to give a warranty are independents or the RAC sponsors on this site worth approaching.....
Anyone have experience of this ?

Hi, I have just purchased a 67 plate with 8700 on the clock from a non Jaguar dealership. They offered me a Warranty Wise warranty which I declined.

I rang a JLR dealership who stated that I can get a JLR warranty as long as my vehicle passes a pre warranty check (PWC)

Long story short, I paid £249 for the PWC at Marshall’s Jaguar Peterborough, it passed of course. I then paid £975 for 1 year premium Jaguary warranty including Jaguar comprehensive breakdown. Good news is you can pay it by interest free monthly payments over 10 months.

The number for Jaguar Warranty is 0344 573 8000.

Hope this helps.

Top tip - ring around JLR dealerships re the PWC as Guy Salmon ranged from £396-£575. Marshall’s Peterborough has a special offer on at the minute. It only took 90 mins.
MY18 Storm Grey V6 340 coupe R dynamic. Ivory seats & headlining Meridian sound system sports exhaust

• You may also be interested in...
    Replies
    Views
    Last post