Map Updates

Anything F-Type related......
PaulWildsmith

Post by PaulWildsmith »

sorry if this has been covered before, but the update seems to require a full new version of about 33Gb. Now, this wasn't a problem while I had my (expensive) Virgin 200Mb/s broadband, but I've now converted to just using a cheap mobile data (more like 15Mb/s) so large downloads more noticeable. Is their just a 'what's changed' update option?
Married to a F Type owner (P300 2021 model)

scm

Post by scm »

PaulWildsmith wrote: Tue Apr 27, 2021 5:32 pmIs there just a 'what's changed' update option?
The fact that such an option would be very useful should be enough to tell you there isn't .... :evil:
MY18 F-Type V8 R AWD in Glacier White
Lots of leather and toys, and loads of noise!
Deleted User 1715

Post by Deleted User 1715 »

PaulWildsmith wrote: Tue Apr 27, 2021 5:32 pm sorry if this has been covered before, but the update seems to require a full new version of about 33Gb. Now, this wasn't a problem while I had my (expensive) Virgin 200Mb/s broadband, but I've now converted to just using a cheap mobile data (more like 15Mb/s) so large downloads more noticeable. Is their just a 'what's changed' update option?

I wish! Takes me around 4-5 hours to download each ‘update’ on my 8 year old laptop despite having supposedly ultrafast broadband, although it uploads to the car in 20-25 minutes.

I will almost certainly revert to google maps or waze after the subscription runs out.
Alsam

Post by Alsam »

I’m a believer that if a service is offered it should work. I should’nt have to look to make it easy and use Google.. No, the customer should get the service promised.
First Edition P450
Eiger Grey
Red Brakes
Heated Screen
Panoramic Roof

MY2021
bob_mcn

Post by bob_mcn »

I just do the update overnight, let it run while i sleep, and its ready to upload the next day.
2021MY P300 1st edition Coupe, Eiger grey, with Climate, Privacy, and Tracker,
Previous: 2019MY XE 300 Sport {petrol) with lots of addons.
Previous: 2017MY XE 240 Portfolio (petrol) with a selection of addons.
Ots1

Post by Ots1 »

Whats the cost of updating maps from Jag then? To those who dont have any free updates left...

Cheers
Jason B

Post by Jason B »

1 Year maps renewal £89
3 Year maps renewal £129

Downloads for me are 33GB and take several hours with fibre broadband. Not sure if the USB stick write speeds or the download speed from the server are the issue. Takes around 10 mins to update the car. Why the system can't just download and update only the things changed from the previous download is baffling.
2.0L MY2018 Caldera Red.
scm

Post by scm »

And why it needs a "download manager" that's operating system-specific, too. :(
MY18 F-Type V8 R AWD in Glacier White
Lots of leather and toys, and loads of noise!

• You may also be interested in...
    Replies
    Views
    Last post