Missing emergency key

Anything F-Type related......
Duvetday

Post by Duvetday »

I bought my 2018 plate P380 from a Jag dealer just a couple of weeks ago.

I opened up the two key fobs to replace the batteries at the weekend and found that the emergency key was missing from one of them.

Does anybody think I should have recourse to the dealer on this ?

They haven't said no yet, they just haven't replied to my email so far.

scm

Post by scm »

I'd expect both keys to be there from a dealer. Wouldn't that be part of the 165 point check?
MY18 F-Type V8 R AWD in Glacier White
Lots of leather and toys, and loads of noise!
Diabolik

Post by Diabolik »

Had a similar experience picking up a stelvio last July, luckily I checked both fobs to see if both blades were in the fob to realise one was missing
The dealer paid for the replacement £67.

It seems to me as scm mentions and from other posts in this group this 165 point checks are somewhat slack to say the least.
MY17 V6 Coupe S, Ultimate /Santorini Black, Panoramic Roof, 20" wheels
Duvetday

Post by Duvetday »

I might have to start another thread for this, but has anybody had sight of the list supposed 165 checks ?

Would be interesting to see how many of the other problems I have had were meant to have been dealt with before handover scratches on wing mirror, rattling door panel etc (both now being addressed).
Duvetday

Post by Duvetday »

...OK found that already on web and you are right

Number 10 'All keys present and operational'
Duvetday

Post by Duvetday »

Dealer still not replying to email on this, but I am going in tomorrow about something else so will ask then.

If they won't play ball and I have to arrange my own replacement emergency key how do I go about doing that ? is it something you have to get Jag themselves to provide ?
Hammers

Post by Hammers »

Surely if it is part of the 165 point check they will have to play ball. I would politely point out to them that it is part of the list and if the key wasn’t present when checked they were obliged to replace it or point it out when agreeing the price with you as it failed the Jaguar Approved Used car checklist. If no joy you can let them know you will raise with Jaguar Customer Care they are not abiding by the Jaguar Warranty for an Approved Used Car.
Current: Fuji White MY19.5 P300 R-Dynamic F-Type Convertible 20" Black wheels, Exterior Black Pack, Windsor Leather performance Seats etc.
Previous: Italian Racing Red MY17 Jaguar XE 25t R-Sport, Black Pack, 19" black venom wheels, sunroof etc.
Duvetday

Post by Duvetday »

The 165 point check says "All keys present and operational ?'

I'm just preparing for the argument that both fobs are indeed 'present' and that they 'operate'... which they do when you press the button.

I'll remember your points about Jaguar Customer care.
scm

Post by scm »

Duvetday wrote: Wed Apr 28, 2021 10:09 pm The 165 point check says "All keys present and operational ?'

I'm just preparing for the argument that both fobs are indeed 'present' and that they 'operate'... which they do when you press the button.
The key (sorry!) phrase is "All keys" ;)
MY18 F-Type V8 R AWD in Glacier White
Lots of leather and toys, and loads of noise!
simpleR

Post by simpleR »

If you purchased from Jaguar as used approved then yes they should sort this out.

More to the point who or where is the other emergency key?

If your not getting anywhere with the dealer open a case with Jaguar Customer Services. Seems you purchased used approved so Jaguar should sort this for you one way or another. First point of contact is the dealer of course.
400 Sport AWD - MY18 - Black, pano roof and thats about it 8-)

• You may also be interested in...
    Replies
    Views
    Last post