V6 380 v 340

Anything F-Type related......
CPBLondon

Post by CPBLondon »

Looking to replace my 2016 V6 S and have the option of two 2016 V6 FType.
The first is an S and the second is the 340 - now I know that the 340 will not have the same diff, cruise control and is RWD but will I notice any difference between the two. I have seen posts that say engines are the same and can be mapped etc but would anyone who has experience of driving both have any comments about noticeable differences? I am looking for this to be a daily drive, a tourer in my old age and def a keeper...

If Yoda drove an F Type what would he say....?
F Type S 380
Polaris White
Red interior/pan roof
Black pack
drive the dream !

Deleted User 1715

Post by Deleted User 1715 »

You might notice a difference in the suspension as I don’t think the 340 had adaptive dampers as standard, which help deal with bad road surfaces a bit. Doubt you’d notice much difference in power unless you’re using the top end of the rev range. Only other observation is that the S versions generally have more options than non-S. Happy hunting.
Mr.Tea

Post by Mr.Tea »

CPBLondon wrote: Thu Apr 29, 2021 2:23 pm Looking to replace my 2016 V6 S and have the option of two 2016 V6 FType.
The first is an S and the second is the 340 - now I know that the 340 will not have the same diff, cruise control and is RWD but will I notice any difference between the two. I have seen posts that say engines are the same and can be mapped etc but would anyone who has experience of driving both have any comments about noticeable differences? I am looking for this to be a daily drive, a tourer in my old age and def a keeper...

Just curious but what became of your stolen F-type? Did you end up having to claim from the insurance? Did it get found/recovered?
CPBLondon

Post by CPBLondon »

Mr.Tea wrote: Thu Apr 29, 2021 4:08 pm
CPBLondon wrote: Thu Apr 29, 2021 2:23 pm Looking to replace my 2016 V6 S and have the option of two 2016 V6 FType.

Just curious but what became of your stolen F-type? Did you end up having to claim from the insurance? Did it get found/recovered?
The insurance settled very quickly and have to say the valuation was very fair I got back exactly what I paid a year ago. So looking to replace with another F Type - with a fitted Ghost 2 !!!!
Last edited by CPBLondon on Thu Apr 29, 2021 11:42 pm, edited 1 time in total.
F Type S 380
Polaris White
Red interior/pan roof
Black pack
drive the dream !
Mr.Tea

Post by Mr.Tea »

CPBLondon wrote: Thu Apr 29, 2021 8:12 pm

The vehicle set off a few cameras as it went ‘in convoy’ through the back streets of East London but has not been seen since. The insurance settled very quickly and have to say the valuation was very fair I got back exactly what I paid a year ago. So looking to replace with another F Type - with a fitted Ghost 2 !!!!

Damn that sucks. Hopefully it turns up again, even after the insurance has paid out and they let you keep both but I doubt that would happen :roll:

Ah well. At least you got your cash back. I took out "return to invoice" GAP insurance for this reason. 4 years for £260 was complete peace of mind if the car does get stolen.
CPBLondon

Post by CPBLondon »

Mr.Tea wrote: Thu Apr 29, 2021 8:39 pm

The vehicle set off a few cameras as it went ‘in convoy’ through the back streets of East London but has not been seen since. The insurance settled very quickly and have to say the valuation was very fair I got back exactly what I paid a year ago. So looking to replace with another F Type - with a fitted Ghost 2 !!!!

Damn that sucks. Hopefully it turns up again, even after the insurance has paid out and they let you keep both but I doubt that would happen :roll:

Ah well. At least you got your cash back. I took out "return to invoice" GAP insurance for this reason. 4 years for £260 was complete peace of mind if the car does get stolen.
I also had Mapfre Gap insurance recommended by the JLR - they just ignored the process and stalled any reply so in the end cancelled the policy and asked for a refund. Could you PM me who your GAP was with I may look at them for the replacement
F Type S 380
Polaris White
Red interior/pan roof
Black pack
drive the dream !
scm

Post by scm »

CPBLondon wrote: Thu Apr 29, 2021 9:05 pm... who your GAP was with I may look at them for the replacement
Check out our forum sponsor ...
viewforum.php?f=16&sid=c1d8b5f5fd836b8e22684cdc904432da
MY18 F-Type V8 R AWD in Glacier White
Lots of leather and toys, and loads of noise!
Mr.Tea

Post by Mr.Tea »

CPBLondon wrote: Thu Apr 29, 2021 9:05 pm
Mr.Tea wrote: Thu Apr 29, 2021 8:39 pm

I also had Mapfre Gap insurance recommended by the JLR - they just ignored the process and stalled any reply so in the end cancelled the policy and asked for a refund. Could you PM me who your GAP was with I may look at them for the replacement

Like SCM says, ALA offer a 10% (I think) discount to their GAP insurance policies for being on the forums. Check the "gap insurance" button in the top right of the page.