Replacing rear cross braces

Anything F-Type related......
T50 YOX

Post by T50 YOX »

Thanks for that Gus will get some new bolts to be on the safe side cheers Tony πŸ‘
IRR 3.0 coupe 2015 black pack, design pack , 20” carbon blades,fixed rear spoiler, carbon centre console engine coverunder bonnet trims , flat bottom royal steering wheel red stitching v8 back box rear defuser lots of smiles πŸ˜€πŸ˜€πŸ˜€

Deleted User 1715

Post by Deleted User 1715 »

T50 YOX wrote: ↑Sat May 08, 2021 7:26 pm Thanks for that Gus will get some new bolts to be on the safe side cheers Tony πŸ‘

If you can leave it a couple of days I should be able to get the definitive answer, and I don’t think all of them go into aluminium either.
T50 YOX

Post by T50 YOX »

Thanks for that will hang on a few days won’t make that much difference .
IRR 3.0 coupe 2015 black pack, design pack , 20” carbon blades,fixed rear spoiler, carbon centre console engine coverunder bonnet trims , flat bottom royal steering wheel red stitching v8 back box rear defuser lots of smiles πŸ˜€πŸ˜€πŸ˜€
Jaguandy

Post by Jaguandy »

Duralac is supposed to be the dog's for anti seize/galvanic prevention, targeting aluminium.
F-Type R Coupe Firenze (Italian Racing Red) AWD MY16
T50 YOX

Post by T50 YOX »

Thanks for the information will look into that every bit of information helps cheers Tony
Deleted User 1715

Post by Deleted User 1715 »

T50 YOX wrote: ↑Sat May 08, 2021 8:30 pm Thanks for that will hang on a few days won’t make that much difference .

Ok, the answer I got was that they normally use aluminium grease and the old bolts, although if there are signs of corrosion on the threads of the bolts they remove they use new bolts as well as aluminium grease. They also use a little aluminium grease between the joints.
T50 YOX

Post by T50 YOX »

Thanks for the information Gus will get it sorted cheers Tony.
01286p

Post by 01286p »

I would recommend Duralac as well as Tef Gel which I use on my Sailing Yacht when fixing anything metal to my Aluminium Mast.
If it works in a Marine Salty environment it will work on the F type.

• You may also be interested in...
    Replies
    Views
    Last post