Yes you can get a JLR Warranty

Anything F-Type related......
catsandtrees

Post by catsandtrees »

Hi, I have just purchased a 67 plate with 8700 on the clock from a non Jaguar dealership. They offered me a Warranty Wise warranty which I declined.

I rang a JLR dealership who stated that I can get a JLR warranty as long as my vehicle passes a pre warranty check (PWC)

Long story short, I paid £249 for the PWC at Marshall’s Jaguar Peterborough, it passed of course. I then paid £975 for 1 year premium Jaguary warranty including Jaguar comprehensive breakdown. Good news is you can pay it by interest free monthly payments over 10 months.

The number for Jaguar Warranty is 0344 573 8000.

Hope this helps.

Top tip - ring around JLR dealerships re the PWC as Guy Salmon ranged from £396-£575. Marshall’s Peterborough has a special offer on at the minute. It only took 90 mins.
MY18 Storm Grey V6 340 coupe R dynamic. Ivory seats & headlining Meridian sound system sports exhaust

Hammers

Post by Hammers »

Good for peace of mind and hard to compare country to country, but sounds a lot of money to me. But I would argue under Australian law that a failure of an item outside of warranty should still be covered if found to be a fault, cars don’t last five years and in Australia we get covered by that statutory warranty. A manufacturer warranty you have to pay for I would make sure you check the fine print on it to know what it covers over and above what should normally be covered anyway (again presuming the UK law is similar to Australia).
But don’t get me wrong, peace of mind is sometimes worth the money. Glad you had the option.
Current: Fuji White MY19.5 P300 R-Dynamic F-Type Convertible 20" Black wheels, Exterior Black Pack, Windsor Leather performance Seats etc.
Previous: Italian Racing Red MY17 Jaguar XE 25t R-Sport, Black Pack, 19" black venom wheels, sunroof etc.
Quiet man

Post by Quiet man »

To be honest I personally don't have that kind of money available for a 12 month warranty, if some dealers are charging 575 for a pre inspection that's 100 more than a 12 months RAC platinum warranty then you have the price of the warranty on top, that's 1 and a half sets of tyres. Good to know for the folks that have the means to go down that road though. :D
White V6S, red interior. Black 20inch alloy wheels.
Stuno1

Post by Stuno1 »

Quiet man wrote: Mon May 03, 2021 8:04 am To be honest I personally don't have that kind of money available for a 12 month warranty, if some dealers are charging 575 for a pre inspection that's 100 more than a 12 months RAC platinum warranty then you have the price of the warranty on top, that's 1 and a half sets of tyres. Good to know for the folks that have the means to go down that road though. :D
How comprehensive is the RAC warranty? Dealer extended warranties are pretty comprehensive.
JurassicF

Post by JurassicF »

Stuno1 wrote: Mon May 03, 2021 10:40 am
Quiet man wrote: Mon May 03, 2021 8:04 am To be honest I personally don't have that kind of money available for a 12 month warranty, if some dealers are charging 575 for a pre inspection that's 100 more than a 12 months RAC platinum warranty then you have the price of the warranty on top, that's 1 and a half sets of tyres. Good to know for the folks that have the means to go down that road though. :D
How comprehensive is the RAC warranty? Dealer extended warranties are pretty comprehensive.
Unfortunately RAC warranty has terrible reviews as do most aftermarket warranties.
Big issue for me when I was considering going outside of the JLR warranty option was the very low labour rate they would pay.
F-Type V6S convertible MY16
Glacier Pearlescent White
Red soft top
Red electric and heated sports seats
Black dash and door cards
Red belts
Flat bottom heated wheel
catsandtrees

Post by catsandtrees »

All I know is that it covers everything except wear and tear. Yes it’s a lot of money but Jaguar charge around £200 an hour. RAC is nowhere near that. I have paid a premium to know that I can book it in for anything that goes wrong.
MY18 Storm Grey V6 340 coupe R dynamic. Ivory seats & headlining Meridian sound system sports exhaust
scm

Post by scm »

catsandtrees wrote: Mon May 03, 2021 12:39 pm... Jaguar charge around £200 an hour.
Yeah, that free coffee doesn't come cheap! ;)
MY18 F-Type V8 R AWD in Glacier White
Lots of leather and toys, and loads of noise!
catsandtrees

Post by catsandtrees »

scm wrote: Mon May 03, 2021 1:04 pm
catsandtrees wrote: Mon May 03, 2021 12:39 pm... Jaguar charge around £200 an hour.
:lol: :lol:
Quiet man

Post by Quiet man »

Each to there own , just commenting on the price that's all.
White V6S, red interior. Black 20inch alloy wheels.
Hammers

Post by Hammers »

scm wrote: Mon May 03, 2021 1:04 pm
When I picked up my new car I had two coffees and my son had two hot chocolates, that messed up their cost model 😂
Current: Fuji White MY19.5 P300 R-Dynamic F-Type Convertible 20" Black wheels, Exterior Black Pack, Windsor Leather performance Seats etc.
Previous: Italian Racing Red MY17 Jaguar XE 25t R-Sport, Black Pack, 19" black venom wheels, sunroof etc.

• You may also be interested in...
    Replies
    Views
    Last post