Breakdown cover advice

Anything F-Type related......
Glaf

Post by Glaf »

We have a few UK trips planned and I am looking to purchase breakdown cover, mainly for peace of mind.
Has anyone any experience of this company?

https://emergencyassistltd.co.uk/
V6 Coupe, 2015, white with black pack, panoramic roof, 20" black Cylones, red callipers. 8-)
TVR Griffith 4.3, 1992, owned for 5 wonderful years.

Fez

Post by Fez »

I would stick with one of the big 3, AA, RAC or Greenflag. In generally you get the service that you pay for.
Black AWD 400, sport
MY 18.5
Pan Roof
Heated front screen
Front parking sensors
Full spare
simpleR

Post by simpleR »

Emergency Assist are just an agent who then have 1000's of independent recovery agents who they call out to you. They don't appear to own any vehicles or mechanics themselves.

They also do not offer a roadside repair service, they are a towing company who recover you to the nearest garage. If you read the reviews, some people with just a flat battery have been towed to a garage, probably the garage the tow truck is from! I guess that's the incentive to the tow people, almost come out for free and then you get to repair it at your garage. Some people are reporting basic repairs at home though.

And no one is towing my Ftype LOL.

Just my thoughts after a little research, maybe not the best option for an Ftype?
400 Sport AWD - MY18 - Black, pano roof and thats about it 8-)
gasgas

Post by gasgas »

We have a account with Lloyds Bank and get breakdown cover plus several other thing included, for no cost
Jaguandy

Post by Jaguandy »

I've read some bad press lately about RAC recovery taking many hours to turn up.
F-Type R Coupe Firenze (Italian Racing Red) AWD MY16
JurassicF

Post by JurassicF »

Try Driver Guardian.
F-Type V6S convertible MY16
Glacier Pearlescent White
Red soft top
Red electric and heated sports seats
Black dash and door cards
Red belts
Flat bottom heated wheel
Lunar

Post by Lunar »

Certainly not a car to be towed but also bear in mind that the low ground clearance means that not just any 15 year old flatbed will be ok - if it ever needs recovering you want a company that will send a tipping bed and long ramps, not an oily lump of scaffold board.
MY14 "S" badged V6 Convertible in Lunar Grey metallic
Performance seats, Meridian, heated flat bottom wheel with aluminium paddles, heated front screen, cruise, dual zone climate, switchable active exhaust
Glaf

Post by Glaf »

JurassicF wrote: Thu May 06, 2021 9:07 am Try Driver Guardian.
Thanks, I haven’t heard of them.

I’ve had a quick look on their website. Isn’t this similar to the way Emergency Assist operate?
V6 Coupe, 2015, white with black pack, panoramic roof, 20" black Cylones, red callipers. 8-)
TVR Griffith 4.3, 1992, owned for 5 wonderful years.
Mr.Tea

Post by Mr.Tea »

I've had autonational cover previously but i've never had to use it fortunately.
Philskill

Post by Philskill »

I have used the Breakdown that comes free with the Bank Account (not for the F-Type) and got the normal local ISIS Rescue lorry who were very good and fixed it on my drive. I've also seen them attend for the AA for a colleague, So I think depending on location and how busy they are they will all use Independents at a time.

All depends who you get on the day!

Might be worth a read...
https://www.autoexpress.co.uk/driver-po ... cover-2020
MY19 Carpathian Grey R-Dynamic P300, Black pack in and out, 12 way Memory seats, Climate Pack, Park assist, Meridian Surround, switchable exhaust.

• You may also be interested in...
    Replies
    Views
    Last post