Jaguar dashcam?

Anything F-Type related......
Millwheel

Post by Millwheel »

I found this on a dealer site. Seems new, certainly to me.

https://www.group1auto.co.uk/jaguar/acc ... r-dash-cam

The associated app is on the App Store.

https://apps.apple.com/gb/app/jaguar-da ... 1520160312

Certainly time the dashcam became mainstream with our roads filling up with unlicensed scooters, sociopathic cyclists and a new generation of four wheeled road ragers. Is this Jaguar recognising the inevitable? The price asked would fit the scenario, I.e. eye watering. If it really is fully integrated into the car systems it would be a big step forward.

Lunar

Post by Lunar »

I bet “only available for certain vehicles” means not for F-Types 😉
MY14 "S" badged V6 Convertible in Lunar Grey metallic
Performance seats, Meridian, heated flat bottom wheel with aluminium paddles, heated front screen, cruise, dual zone climate, switchable active exhaust
Cluck

Post by Cluck »

Would also be interested to know what sort of quality it provides. The recording getting triggered by close proximity is a nice feature though.

EDIT: No doubt the Jaguar logo will mean it's a rebadged device with a 200-300% markup though. I'm tempted, I'll admit, just because the price includes fitting and I know I'll break a clip or something if I try and do it myself!
MY21 F-Type P450 R Dynamic in Portofino Blue, Black Exterior Pack, Performance Seats, Suede headlining (with Blur as support act)
oversealer

Post by oversealer »

I contacted the dealership and they said it would not fit an F type. However also contacted my local dealership. They hadn't heard of it so I presume this must be something new. They looked into it carefully and confirmed it would fit an F type though the rear view would be restricted in convertibles. I have booked it in for fitting in a couple of weeks and will let you how I get on.
MY20 F-Type Chequered Flag V6 380PS AWD in Caldera Red
Backofthenet

Post by Backofthenet »

Are none Beadle dealerships doing this now then at £693?
powerhouse

Post by powerhouse »

Don't think it has parking mode / records when car is off like some on the market
Caledra Red 2018 2.0 R Dynamic
Black Pack
Project 7 Grill
Eibach Lowering Springs
Judd Model One 21" Rims
305/25/21 rears 265/30/21 fronts
Maxton design rear lip spoiler & rear diffuser splitters
Rear box delete, twin straight pipes fitted
Cluck

Post by Cluck »

powerhouse wrote: Wed Jun 09, 2021 6:44 pm Don't think it has parking mode / records when car is off like some on the market
According to the blurb it has a radar-activated mode for when the car is switched off but no, it doesn't constantly record when the engine is off. How close something needs to be to trigger it, I have no idea. Will be very interested to read oversealer's thoughts on it once fitted :)
MY21 F-Type P450 R Dynamic in Portofino Blue, Black Exterior Pack, Performance Seats, Suede headlining (with Blur as support act)
Quiet man

Post by Quiet man »

Don't want to come across as a tight arse but that's a lot of money, I had one fitted to my cx5 by the mazda dealer a nextbase front and rear for £165. There's companies out there that could hard wire you a dash cam for way less than that price.
White V6S, red interior. Black 20inch alloy wheels.
Hammers

Post by Hammers »

I have a BlackVue which has parking mode, UHD camera, sound - works well, I even get to hear my terrible singing when I play back my drive to work 😂
Not sure about a Jaguar cam, not certain they would have invested in the best camera and at this stage would still prefer after market. I’m guessing one day though cars will have them as standard.
Current: Fuji White MY19.5 P300 R-Dynamic F-Type Convertible 20" Black wheels, Exterior Black Pack, Windsor Leather performance Seats etc.
Previous: Italian Racing Red MY17 Jaguar XE 25t R-Sport, Black Pack, 19" black venom wheels, sunroof etc.
Deleted User 1715

Post by Deleted User 1715 »

FTypes already have front and rear cameras, a gps and a hard drive. Surely it cannot be too hard to use what is already there to record driving footage alongside reverse parking and identifying speed limit signs?

• You may also be interested in...
    Replies
    Views
    Last post