F-Type Carbon Fibre Packs - Currently on Sale

Anything F-Type related......
T50 YOX

Post by T50 YOX »

Just purchased the foot rest does it come with instructions πŸ‘
IRR 3.0 coupe 2015 black pack, design pack , 20” carbon blades,fixed rear spoiler, carbon centre console engine coverunder bonnet trims , flat bottom royal steering wheel red stitching v8 back box rear defuser lots of smiles πŸ˜€πŸ˜€πŸ˜€

Cluck

Post by Cluck »

bob_mcn wrote: ↑Thu May 20, 2021 11:02 pm
Cluck wrote: ↑Thu May 20, 2021 6:28 pm Any ideas on whether that footrest will fit a MY21 car? If it does then I'll grab one.
Yes it does, its a slightly different pattern compared to the current pedals, but the same layout in fitting, i have just fitted one i got from from 'Rimmer's,' scary bit was drilling through the carpet, i put tape on the drill so as not to go beyond only the carpet as that is all you need to drill, all done in about an hour.
Perfect, thanks :)

re. the question above about instructions, yes they do (in theory) but they're not the clearest in the world. In short, you drill a 15mm deep hole into the carpet (and no deeper than that), push the retaining clips in, screw the screws in, take the screws out, fit the pedal plate.
MY21 F-Type P450 R Dynamic in Portofino Blue, Black Exterior Pack, Performance Seats, Suede headlining (with Blur as support act)
bob_mcn

Post by bob_mcn »

Cluck wrote: ↑Fri May 21, 2021 12:24 pm
bob_mcn wrote: ↑Thu May 20, 2021 11:02 pm
Cluck wrote: ↑Thu May 20, 2021 6:28 pm Any ideas on whether that footrest will fit a MY21 car? If it does then I'll grab one.
Yes it does, its a slightly different pattern compared to the current pedals, but the same layout in fitting, i have just fitted one i got from from 'Rimmer's,' scary bit was drilling through the carpet, i put tape on the drill so as not to go beyond only the carpet as that is all you need to drill, all done in about an hour.
Perfect, thanks :)

re. the question above about instructions, yes they do (in theory) but they're not the clearest in the world. In short, you drill a 15mm deep hole into the carpet (and no deeper than that), push the retaining clips in, screw the screws in, take the screws out, fit the pedal plate.
I'm going to the Breakfast club Meet, so if you want to see the fitted footrest look me up. 8-)
2021MY P300 1st edition Coupe, Eiger grey, with Climate, Privacy, and Tracker,
Previous: 2019MY XE 300 Sport {petrol) with lots of addons.
Previous: 2017MY XE 240 Portfolio (petrol) with a selection of addons.
T50 YOX

Post by T50 YOX »

Sounds like a plan that Bob will be good to meet looking forward to putting faces to names cheers Tony
IRR 3.0 coupe 2015 black pack, design pack , 20” carbon blades,fixed rear spoiler, carbon centre console engine coverunder bonnet trims , flat bottom royal steering wheel red stitching v8 back box rear defuser lots of smiles πŸ˜€πŸ˜€πŸ˜€
Deleted User 1715

Post by Deleted User 1715 »

ralphr1780 wrote: ↑Thu May 20, 2021 11:36 am Thanks GusA for response and pic, indeed could well be different.
Would you happen to still have the ref of the kit? T2R****

Just found it in the price list brochure, T2R5268. Was a Β£713 accessory
fastjag1955

Post by fastjag1955 »

So I just tried to order a pair of carbon fiber mirror covers but the JLR site will not allow me to buy and ship to the United States????
ayrejc

Post by ayrejc »

Not in the sale but gave in a went for the Black Growler Valve Caps :roll:
MY18 F Type 400 Sport Coupe RWD Satin Chrome Orange
Gibson

Post by Gibson »

I grabbed some fresh mats and the aluminum paddles. Has anyone else had a bit of a nightmare swapping the paddles out?
I've just spent 20 mins with a T20 driver and really struggled to get it to bite/engage with the screws. Going to have a reattempt this evening with a bit more patience and time to reposition the wheel for better leverage.
Mr.Tea

Post by Mr.Tea »

Gibson wrote: ↑Tue May 25, 2021 5:09 pm I grabbed some fresh mats and the aluminum paddles. Has anyone else had a bit of a nightmare swapping the paddles out?
I've just spent 20 mins with a T20 driver and really struggled to get it to bite/engage with the screws. Going to have a reattempt this evening with a bit more patience and time to reposition the wheel for better leverage.

I tried it until I realised that I needed a ratchet to get the leverage to turn the screw/bolt. It took a fair bit of effort but I did get it to engage once. It's just a patience game.

Edit: I gave up after repeatedly falling out of the screw/bolt. Wish they would have made this more simple to change :D
Gibson

Post by Gibson »

Mr.Tea wrote: ↑Tue May 25, 2021 7:56 pm
Gibson wrote: ↑Tue May 25, 2021 5:09 pm I grabbed some fresh mats and the aluminum paddles. Has anyone else had a bit of a nightmare swapping the paddles out?

I tried it until I realised that I needed a ratchet to get the leverage to turn the screw/bolt. It took a fair bit of effort but I did get it to engage once. It's just a patience game.

Edit: I gave up after repeatedly falling out of the screw/bolt. Wish they would have made this more simple to change :D
Well, I've managed to get one out. Pro tip is to basically lie down next to the car with the wheel on half lock and get to a position where you can get full eye contact on the bolt.
The issue now is that because of all the slips and faffing yesterday the bolt heald is in a bit of a sorry state - to the point where I'm not sure I want to use it to fit the paddle as I doubt it'll last another removal/refit if I ultimately don't gel with the Alu ones.

Not having much luck finding the exact replacement bolt I need either which is frustrating.

• You may also be interested in...
    Replies
    Views
    Last post