F Type Values - Increasing

Anything F-Type related......
simpleR

Post by simpleR »

In December 2019 just before covid, 400 sports were going for 33-36k (dependant on body, drive and mileage). They then got close to 30k as Q1 2020 progressed and we buy any car sat as low as 24k.

Today, the dealer is calling me asking to buy it, prices used approved are 41-48k and we buy any car is at 38k. I do think its a temporary blip but as I own mine I'm not too fussed anyway as its staying put.
400 Sport AWD - MY18 - Black

scz4

Post by scz4 »

Sadly it's pushing the SVR prices out of reach now :(

Always planned to run my V6S for 3 years and upgrade to a SVR. Whilst the price of the V6S is going up slightly, the gap is getting bigger.

The only bargain just now is an almost new P450, more than enough for the road I guess. But as this is likely to be my last "weekend car" purchase with electric cars on the way I wanted something very special.
Jaguandy

Post by Jaguandy »

Like houses, you only make money if you sell without buying your next one. I feel sad for those who have saved for their dream car to find they are harder to find and afford.
F-Type R Coupe Firenze (Italian Racing Red) AWD MY16
Stuno1

Post by Stuno1 »

Question is (and no one knows the answer) this:
- Is this a temporary situation due to so much cash sloshing around from people saving over the last 18 months and prices will self correct quickly in the next 6 months as people stop paying the increased prices and those that want the cars now have them?
- In the longer term and prices will come down but over a number of years so depreciation has just been set back a year or so.

Either way I can’t see this price increase being sustained. Time will tell.
stickshift steve

Post by stickshift steve »

i think that the prices will stay high this year as people can't really go abroad easily yet.
Some time next year i think people that bought cars as they thought they would use them to go off every weekend will think ."i only did 1000 miles last year in the car so i might as well sell it."
wbac seem to be trying to manipulate the car prices market at the moment ,as they are part of bca auctions and are not doing attended auctions for dealers . In my eyes they are paying more for cars which they then sell on auctions at a higher price . After all 10% of £30000 is better than 10% of £20000.
Deleted User 3357

Post by Deleted User 3357 »

Hello

Just for info I was thinking of selling mine Jag offered me £29k last week when they actually saw my car they upped their appraisal to £32k .. was thinking of getting a f pace SVR .. but still pondering especially now I have paid the final pcp payment and now own the car
Backofthenet

Post by Backofthenet »

Had a email flyer from my dealership offering to value/buy my car.

interesting they don't have an approved SVR in their stock countrywide - so wondering if they have perspective buyers
Backofthenet

Post by Backofthenet »

Just had mine valued by dealership

only £7K off what I paid after 2.5 years of ownership - 12 months ago i'd have been lucky to get close to £15K within what I paid. PS - Not intending to sell but values are definitely going north at moment.
Pacemaker1000

Post by Pacemaker1000 »

Hate to see them before!
Big part of decision whether to buy as been spoilt with Macan. Nearly three year old and current valuation just under £4K off new price!!
Really like car but have to sell at this price. Trying to decide on an alternative is the problem
Pacemaker1000

Post by Pacemaker1000 »

Backofthenet wrote: Mon Jun 21, 2021 4:12 pm Just had mine valued by dealership

only £7K off what I paid after 2.5 years of ownership - 12 months ago i'd have been lucky to get close to £15K within what I paid. PS - Not intending to sell but values are definitely going north at moment.
What model etc?

• You may also be interested in...
    Replies
    Views
    Last post