Extended Warranty

Anything F-Type related......
CPBLondon

Post by CPBLondon »

scm wrote: Wed May 26, 2021 3:01 pm This is timely, mine's due in a month, for the 5th year. I'm in two minds about it - the car seems pretty reliable and a grand is a lot to pay for a peaceful mind. Unless something major fails that costs more than a grand, of course! Decisions ....
Mine has hit year 5 with only 7k mileage. I looked at JLR and also the RAC warranty that sponsors the site. Peace of mind is a big thing here and we are starting to see these cars appear more reliable although there will always be anomalies and tales of disaster.
I would not want to be without warranty but the £1k a year is a lot to pay - with some saying save the money for when you need repairs.
I have sat right on the fence and gone for a 3 year Premium warranty with RAC ( or ALA who provide the insurance and appear to have good customer ratings) which costs £1k and covers the major areas but provides less coverage for labour.

I visited Stratstone a Tottenham last week and they explained labour was £220 an hour so my 5 year service with renew spark plugs was over £780. I therefore cancelled my service plan and got the same service done by an Indy for £350 less than they quoted. Service history was updated on the Jaguar site that day. I was also taken out by the Indy when he did the test drive on the service and he gave me great advice on the condition of all aspects of the car - and more importantly his views on warranty.
For the record he states the Jaguar warranty is very good.

Whatever gives you best peace of mind is the best choice ...hindsight is the only exact science.
F Type S 380
Polaris White
Red interior/pan roof
Black pack
drive the dream !

GBH

Post by GBH »

I have to decide tomorrow whether to renew or not, I'll sleep on it. It's been back once in 2 years for the sticky vent replacing.
I have been quoted £590 for 5 year service with plugs and brake fluid change at Hatfields.
66 MY 17 Blackberry F Type 340
ianp

Post by ianp »

As an update to myself the warranty with extended assistance cover is £781 pa and can be paid monthly interest free.

Thanks for your advice which has persuaded me to go ahead with the cover. Just as a few of you say, a single fault could easily cost the same amount.

I would also mention that the cover from Quentin Wilson, was the same cost but only covered up to a claim of £10,000 (I don't know if this is accumulative). The Jag warranty covers up to cost of vehicle.

Great forum, great work!
F-TYPE P300 2019MY R-Dynamic, Santorini, 20" Diamonds, Climate, Park & Meridian Surround.
Pre: XE P250 2017MY R-Dynamic, Caesium.
Audio: Meridian 808v5, 861v4, DSP7.2k L/R, DSP5k C, DSP33 R & DSW 1500 Sub.
Deleted User 3357

Post by Deleted User 3357 »

ianp wrote: Tue Jun 15, 2021 1:40 pm As an update to myself the warranty with extended assistance cover is £781 pa and can be paid monthly interest free.

Thanks for your advice which has persuaded me to go ahead with the cover. Just as a few of you say, a single fault could easily cost the same amount.

I would also mention that the cover from Quentin Wilson, was the same cost but only covered up to a claim of £10,000 (I don't know if this is accumulative). The Jag warranty covers up to cost of vehicle.

Great forum, great work!
Great 👍 glad you made a sound decision just gives you peace of mind etc
Regards
Posidrive

Post by Posidrive »

Just coming to the end of my first year of f type ownership and the expected offer to renew the Jaguar warranty at a painful price has arrived. Probably going to go for it, but does servicing have to be done by a dealer or can I use an indie? We have a good indie in Swindon and I really don’t want to pay dealer rates for the annual services.
2015 V6S AWD Convertible in British Racing Green
scm

Post by scm »

Any VAT registered independent can be used and still maintain your warranty. I had warranty work done on mine at a main dealer after my independent found a leaky front diff during the annual service. He wouldn't even let me pay him to fix it - insisted it should be a warranty claim.
MY18 F-Type V8 R AWD in Glacier White
Lots of leather and toys, and loads of noise!
Tel

Post by Tel »

Peace of mind - Something that warranty and insurance companies don't want you to have!
Scaremongery in this country is a multi-bilion Pound industry and they cash in on it.

I have faith that new vehicles (except for the odd Friday afternoon botch -up) are amasingly reliable compared to cars of yesteryear.

Most of the forum members know the weak points as they've been discussed widely. Careful monitoring of your car, can, in most cases mitigate the need for bits blowing up or falling off.

A daily driver, mine is not, so this fits my bill perfectly. Only 15K of priceless (s)miles in 6 years!

Are daily drivers causing problems?....I haven't read anything to back that up, which leads me to my scaremongery point.
Just hope your car wasn't built on a Friday afternoon though 😏
2016MY V8R IRR
ITG Maxogen Cold air intake kit
Billet OBD lock
Forged lightweight Blades
Full custom Xpel Ultimate PPF wrap
Piano Black badges
17mm MST Hubcentrics
Smarttop remote
Black exhaust tips
Porterfield RS-4 Carbon Kevlar pads
Mich PS4S's
+ more 💩
Jaguandy

Post by Jaguandy »

The Swindon indie has done a Jag extended warranty repair for me, you will be fine.
F-Type R Coupe Firenze (Italian Racing Red) AWD MY16
scm

Post by scm »

Tel wrote: Thu Dec 16, 2021 3:07 pm Just hope your car wasn't built on a Friday afternoon though 😏
Mine was built on a Saturday! :shock:
MY18 F-Type V8 R AWD in Glacier White
Lots of leather and toys, and loads of noise!
Tel

Post by Tel »

scm wrote: Thu Dec 16, 2021 5:42 pm
Tel wrote: Thu Dec 16, 2021 3:07 pm Just hope your car wasn't built on a Friday afternoon though 😏
Mine was built on a Saturday! :shock:
Impossible, there's no one in at the weekend... Except for the robots 🤖 👻
2016MY V8R IRR
ITG Maxogen Cold air intake kit
Billet OBD lock
Forged lightweight Blades
Full custom Xpel Ultimate PPF wrap
Piano Black badges
17mm MST Hubcentrics
Smarttop remote
Black exhaust tips
Porterfield RS-4 Carbon Kevlar pads