Owners Handbook

Anything F-Type related......
martync

Post by martync »

This may seem like a strange question but our F-type didn't come with an owners manual, quick start guides, and Jaguar leather wallet. It's just over a year old (2019 R-Dynamic Coupe) and despite the JLR salesman initially saying "it's in the glove box", he now says that they're not supplied any more and to download the i-guide. We've had an XE since 2016 which came with wallet and documents as expected. Can anyone confirm or deny whether the handbook and wallet are still included?
F-Type Coupe P300 R-Dynamic Portofino Blue MY2020

CJSJAG

Post by CJSJAG »

Perhaps different in US but our 2021 R-Dynamic (new) came with all those items plus a windshield sun screen and a folding bag for the (convertible) trunk.
The dealer is lying. Those items got lost along the way. Also included the SIM for the nav system etc.
2021 R-Dynamic P380 Convertible BRG
PhilB

Post by PhilB »

JLR have stopped issuing paper manuals on Range Rovers as well early last year.
The online manual is easy to navigate and gets updated regularly too.
Cluck

Post by Cluck »

Definitely no book or wallet when I got my P450 last March.

I'll be honest, I'd far rather have a book in the glovebox that I can open at the right page in a few seconds, rather than reach for my phone, squint at the tiny screen, try and remember where the handbook is on Jaguar's site, then have to search on it. I really despise this "stick it online" trend. Now, if they had an old-fashioned style manual that I could download as a PDF, that would be a reasonable substitute. I would gladly pay for a printed manual "like what we had in the good old days"!
MY21 F-Type P450 R Dynamic in Portofino Blue, Black Exterior Pack, Performance Seats, Suede headlining (with Blur as support act)
scm

Post by scm »

PhilB wrote: Wed Jun 02, 2021 4:30 pm The online manual is easy to navigate and gets updated regularly too.
Not so easy when you're stuck in a poor reception area on a dark wet night.
MY18 F-Type V8 R AWD in Glacier White
Lots of leather and toys, and loads of noise!
PaulWildsmith

Post by PaulWildsmith »

You can buy a printed manual, I did, not cheap of course!
Married to a F Type owner (P300 2021 model)
Hammers

Post by Hammers »

Interesting, mine came with one, is it a UK thing, or did I just get lucky and have one of the last ones before they cutoff?
Current: Fuji White MY19.5 P300 R-Dynamic F-Type Convertible 20" Black wheels, Exterior Black Pack, Windsor Leather performance Seats etc.
Previous: Italian Racing Red MY17 Jaguar XE 25t R-Sport, Black Pack, 19" black venom wheels, sunroof etc.
PhilB

Post by PhilB »

scm wrote: Wed Jun 02, 2021 5:18 pm
PhilB wrote: Wed Jun 02, 2021 4:30 pm The online manual is easy to navigate and gets updated regularly too.
Not so easy when you're stuck in a poor reception area on a dark wet night.
Seriously?
How many times has that happened and the manual has saved the day?
Situations like that normally need a press on the "assist" button.
Most owners familiarise themselves with the car by going through the manual beforehand although as we know some don't hence the "RTM" replies.
In a total of 8 years of JLR products I have never needed to grab the manual whilst out and about to get me going again.
Lunar

Post by Lunar »

My issue is more likely remembering where I parked the car!

...I once walked in to town on my lunch break only to remember when half way there that I was going for petrol :roll:

Going online with the manuals is no different to cameras and that happened years ago. The manual for my last camera is 548 pages long, so it adds up to quite a decent saving in trees. As much as I do like being able to thumb through a printed document much more than searching a pdf file it's not a very environmentally friendly approach. I bet the only reason for it taking so long with cars is the vultures - sorry lawyers - worrying about people not reading all the gazillion safety warnings.
MY14 "S" badged V6 Convertible in Lunar Grey metallic
Performance seats, Meridian, heated flat bottom wheel with aluminium paddles, heated front screen, cruise, dual zone climate, switchable active exhaust
Hammers

Post by Hammers »

Hammers wrote: Thu Jun 03, 2021 7:34 am
Lunar wrote: Thu Jun 03, 2021 6:59 am My issue is more likely remembering where I parked the car!

...I once walked in to town on my lunch break only to remember when half way there that I was going for petrol :roll:

Going online with the manuals is no different to cameras and that happened years ago. The manual for my last camera is 548 pages long, so it adds up to quite a decent saving in trees. As much as I do like being able to thumb through a printed document much more than searching a pdf file it's not a very environmentally friendly approach. I bet the only reason for it taking so long with cars is the vultures - sorry lawyers - worrying about people not reading all the gazillion safety warnings.
The App tells you where you parked doesn't it? If you don't have that CarPlay can also tell you. If you don't have that tie a big helium balloon to the car :D
Current: Fuji White MY19.5 P300 R-Dynamic F-Type Convertible 20" Black wheels, Exterior Black Pack, Windsor Leather performance Seats etc.
Previous: Italian Racing Red MY17 Jaguar XE 25t R-Sport, Black Pack, 19" black venom wheels, sunroof etc.

• You may also be interested in...
    Replies
    Views
    Last post