Convertible Roof Opening with Fob

Anything F-Type related......
Hammers

Post by Hammers »

Anyone tried one of these?
https://www.supertweaks.com/jaguar/jagu ... ntrol-unit

Remote control of convertible top - Open/close your convertible top using the original factory remote control key / key fob.
One-Touch power convertible top - "One-Touch" convertible top operation allows your top to open or close automatically.
Individually programmable - Configure all functions of the module to meet your personal preferences via our signature blinker setup menu.
Passive/Invisible mode - Turn the whole module off with an easy key sequence. Ideal when letting someone else drive your car.
Reversible plug-in installation - Remove any time allowing sale or return of a leased vehicle in it's original condition.
Separate window control - Raise and lower the windows separately by remote without activating the top.
Top convenience mode - Turning the ignition on or off does not interrupt convertible top operation.
Invert switch logic - Direction of center console top switch can be changed to "pull to open" and "push to close".
Windows close automatically - After closing the top, all windows roll up automatically.
Plug-n-Play Wiring harness - Custom designed plug-in-between wiring harness for extremely simple and quick installation included.
USB Port for easy updates - This module can be updated using any Windows PC / Laptop with Internet connection.

Would be nice to open the roof without having to be in the car.
Current: Fuji White MY19.5 P300 R-Dynamic F-Type Convertible 20" Black wheels, Exterior Black Pack, Windsor Leather performance Seats etc.
Previous: Italian Racing Red MY17 Jaguar XE 25t R-Sport, Black Pack, 19" black venom wheels, sunroof etc.

scm

Post by scm »

Not me (roof not flexible enough!), but loads of folk on the US forum highly recommend it.
MY18 F-Type V8 R AWD in Glacier White
Lots of leather and toys, and loads of noise!
PaulWildsmith

Post by PaulWildsmith »

Yes, I have it. Useful.
Married to a F Type owner (P300 2021 model)
mono-uk

Post by mono-uk »

I have, although it's one touch from the switch in the car but I can't get the top down from the remote - I dunno why
Current: Black MY16 V8R AWD F-Type Convertible, Blade wheels, Exterior Black Pack
Previous: Black MY15 V6S F-Type Convertible, Blade wheels
PaulWildsmith

Post by PaulWildsmith »

Need to make sure that feature is activated.
Though I find it doesn't always work, usually when I'm trying to show off to someone!
Married to a F Type owner (P300 2021 model)
Tel

Post by Tel »

Had one fitted since 2015 - Brilliant.
Bought one for my mothers' A4 convertible - that one was a pig and had to be linked via the internet to the USA tech dept before it would behave properly.

It's so good to have the roof button that works the correct way round i.e down for down etc!

For maximum pose, remote start the car, then remote the roof down, it's very cool.
2016MY V8R IRR
ITG Maxogen Cold air intake kit
Billet OBD lock
Forged lightweight Blades
Full custom Xpel Ultimate PPF wrap
Piano Black badges
17mm MST Hubcentrics
Smarttop remote
Black exhaust tips
Porterfield RS-4 Carbon Kevlar pads
Mich PS4S's
+ more 💩
scm

Post by scm »

Tel wrote: Fri Jun 11, 2021 12:38 pm It's so good to have the roof button that works the correct way round i.e down for down etc!
I suppose the Jaguar logic is that you press the switch sort of forward to move the roof to the front of the car, and lift the switch back to lift the roof back into the open position.
Tel

Post by Tel »

scm wrote: Fri Jun 11, 2021 12:50 pm
Tel wrote: Fri Jun 11, 2021 12:38 pm It's so good to have the roof button that works the correct way round i.e down for down etc!
I suppose the Jaguar logic is that you press the switch sort of forward to move the roof to the front of the car, and lift the switch back to lift the roof back into the open position.
I like to challenge logic ;-)
The gear selector movement is back to front to me as well for going up/dn gears...not that use it at all for that.
2016MY V8R IRR
ITG Maxogen Cold air intake kit
Billet OBD lock
Forged lightweight Blades
Full custom Xpel Ultimate PPF wrap
Piano Black badges
17mm MST Hubcentrics
Smarttop remote
Black exhaust tips
Porterfield RS-4 Carbon Kevlar pads
Mich PS4S's
+ more 💩
scm

Post by scm »

Tel wrote: Fri Jun 11, 2021 6:33 pm I like to challenge logic ;-)
The gear selector movement is back to front to me as well for going up/dn gears...not that use it at all for that.
I think Jaguar copied the gear shift pattern from touring cars ... they seem to shift the same way.
Of course, with a manual it works both ways! :lol:
Bobster67

Post by Bobster67 »

I've had the smart top device on a BMW Z4 and on 2 Ftypes. Easy to fit and transplanted it between types when I changes cars with absolutely no hassle.

They can be a little fiddly to program if you do it when fitted to the car. Better to decide your options prior to installation so you can do it from a laptop.

• You may also be interested in...
    Replies
    Views
    Last post