Jaguar iGuide

Anything F-Type related......
scm

Post by scm »

Havng finally acquired a phone with lots of memory I thought I'd download the iGuide. However, I discover it only covers the F-Type from 2019 onwards. Am I missing something (apart from the 2014-2018 MYs)?
MY18 F-Type V8 R AWD in Glacier White
Lots of leather and toys, and loads of noise!

simpleR

Post by simpleR »

Didn't know it even existed.

The reviews on Google Play are mainly hot or cold depending on whether your model is listed or not!

Downloaded and only shows 2019 and higher for ftype....
(although that will cause confusion with people unfamiliar with reg years versus MY years).

Presumably out sourced and created by the same cowboys who created the new used approved website which still doesn't seem to want to play properly.

Why are there so many apps for what is ultimately one car. Why not link the remote app, this iguide app, finance app (not that there is one yet), create service bookings, those health videos they do, news updates, special offers, etc etc all into one app and call it "My Jaguar".
400 Sport AWD - MY18 - Black, pano roof and thats about it 8-)
PhilB

Post by PhilB »

simpleR wrote: Wed Jun 16, 2021 12:21 am Presumably out sourced and created by the same cowboys who created the new used approved website which still doesn't seem to want to play properly.

Why are there so many apps for what is ultimately one car. Why not link the remote app, this iguide app, finance app (not that there is one yet), create service bookings, those health videos they do, news updates, special offers, etc etc all into one app and call it "My Jaguar".
It's the mantra of "change".
Change is good.
Change creates the impression that they are working for the "customer".
"If it ain't broke don't fix it" seems to be falling by the wayside.
When I was working we used to get new bosses who came in and changed things.
They soon moved on and we had to take the time to put things back as they were which worked very well based on years of experience.

I think the Roman bloke Petronius Arbiter from the 1st Century AD knew what he was talking about.
It reflects well today in many walks of life:

“We trained hard—but it seemed that every time we were beginning to form up into teams we were reorganized. I was to learn later in life that we tend to meet any new situation by reorganizing, and what a wonderful method it can be for creating the illusion of progress while actually producing confusion, inefficiency, and demoralization.”

:D
Lunar

Post by Lunar »

Now isn't that the truth!

In my time I've lead a number of project / technical / engineering teams and often a new director has come along and insisted on change - usually so he can gather metrics for his targeted performance, rather than for efficient working and quality. It's so frustrating to lead great young teams to form, storm, norm and perform but then being restricted by such shortsighted management. There again, after 38 years and having outlasted 13 MDs (the UK is the play pit for our Group company) I can usually predict the outcome of most new executive board initiatives as well as Mystic Meg or Paul the World Cup octopus.

Definition of managing - he managed to spill his pint :roll:

...and sorry to go off topic but you encouraged it Phil :D
MY14 "S" badged V6 Convertible in Lunar Grey metallic
Performance seats, Meridian, heated flat bottom wheel with aluminium paddles, heated front screen, cruise, dual zone climate, switchable active exhaust
Cluck

Post by Cluck »

My father was told, a long long time ago, that he couldn't just "manage" a shop, he had to be seen to be doing something. It mattered not that the shop was performing well, that the staff were happy, the customers were happy, if the higher-ups didn't see you "doing something" then you were a bad manager. All your staff working OK? What you need is "a noisy sacking" (or "kerbside rollocking") to keep them all in check, even though nobody was doing anything wrong. It is, as you say, a very short-sighted view of things but it was the only way that organisation knew how to run things. They were just one of thousands of formerly well-known high-street brands that failed to spot changes in the market and went under.

I just wonder if the iGuide app only includes the latest cars because they are the ones least likely to have an owner's handbook supplied with them.... (/stuck record!)
Last edited by Cluck on Wed Jun 16, 2021 11:50 am, edited 1 time in total.
MY21 F-Type P450 R Dynamic in Portofino Blue, Black Exterior Pack, Performance Seats, Suede headlining (with Blur as support act)
scm

Post by scm »

Cluck wrote: Wed Jun 16, 2021 11:19 amI just wonder if the iGuide app only includes the latest cars because they are the ones least likely to have an owner's handbook supplied with them....
Good point!
MY18 F-Type V8 R AWD in Glacier White
Lots of leather and toys, and loads of noise!
Deleted User 1715

Post by Deleted User 1715 »

I only have iGuide as my car wasn’t supplied with an owners manual. Loads of info in it but not much beyond what is obvious, it has not been the source of any answers for me yet. :roll:

• You may also be interested in...
    Replies
    Views
    Last post