2014, 2015, 2016 differences….

Anything F-Type related......
Stuno1

Post by Stuno1 »

Hi folks, what are the key differences between the model years for the r? The main change seems to be the move to AWD for late 2015 onwards.

Were there any quality issues with the 2014 cars that were sorted for later cars etc

Stu

BruceTheQuail

Post by BruceTheQuail »

Hi, there were mid year changes in some years, but the major changes that I recall are the infotainment and EPAS. The '14 infotainment was the black and white screen system that had been in the later XKs and XFs. I had it in an XF and found it very hard to use, I tended to hit the wrong button a lot.

Then the cars had the homescreen updated to mimic the incontrol system that came out in the XE's. I think that was in the 2016 year. EPAS was fitted in the 2016MY, as well as reverse cameras standard. The EPAS gives very nice feel.

Then in the mid 2016MY update (what they called 2016.5MY over here) it got the proper incontrol infotainment which I actually quite like using.

But check each car, in case yours are different there and in particular with the infotainment it might only be possible to work it out by VIN
2016.5 V6s in IRR with lotsa wrap
VAP Quad exhaust, pulley and tune, 21 inch Vorsteiners
2019 Mustang V8 manual in subtle orange with tasteful stripes
Stuno1

Post by Stuno1 »

Spot on. Thank you.
BruceTheQuail

Post by BruceTheQuail »

difficult decision, balancing the desire for the RWD 8 (if you are a lout like me) in a '14 against the better infotainment you get in the '16. Good luck with that one, I opted for a new '16.5 v6S because I didnt like the earlier infotainment in the '14 R at the same price, 5 years later I still dont know if I made the right decision but I do love the car with a passion.

Enjoy!
2016.5 V6s in IRR with lotsa wrap
VAP Quad exhaust, pulley and tune, 21 inch Vorsteiners
2019 Mustang V8 manual in subtle orange with tasteful stripes

• You may also be interested in...
    Replies
    Views
    Last post